McShay Mock 3.0

prime21

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's also smart enough to realize that after another concussion it may be smart to retire. It's not like he's a poor kid who's only road to success is football. I'm not saying we should pass on him but it's a legit concern. Mayfield will try to hide concussions in an effort to play. 

lol not sure it's much better to hear a QB will hide the concussion in order to play. Rosen has already been hurt and had a concussion, if he wanted to move on from football, why not do it already. I think this thing about him not loving the game of football or that he has no problem walking away is totally overblown. 

25 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

lol not sure it's much better to hear a QB will hide the concussion in order to play. Rosen has already been hurt and had a concussion, if he wanted to move on from football, why not do it already. I think this thing about him not loving the game of football or that he has no problem walking away is totally overblown. 

I tend to agree.  How much money is his family supposed to have?  My parents were teachers, but I wasn't planning to risk my life or long-term health on football.  OTOH, if I had to chance to get a $100M contract, you can bet I would risk another few concussions.  Rosen is pretty damn close to that.

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is a very real thing, and a huge red flag, IMO. I think back to the Miko Grimes rumor she dropped about the Raiders OL choosing to get Derek Carr killed because he wouldn’t support them kneeling. Whatever happened there, that team went right into the toilet. When you watched Rosen play, it was odd how much pressure he faced. Either he was making a bunch of bad adjustments at the line (doubtful) or there just wasn’t a particularly concerted effort to keep him from getting bludgeoned.

Or his OL was crap.

35 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Isnt he doubles partners with Zuckerberg?

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I tend to agree.  How much money is his family supposed to have?  My parents were teachers, but I wasn't planning to risk my life or long-term health on football.  OTOH, if I had to chance to get a $100M contract, you can bet I would risk another few concussions.  Rosen is pretty damn close to that.

DXifLlfXcAEc7V_.jpg

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

^ leftist

Speaking of leftists, Josh McCown was on a panel talking about race a few weeks back and he’s a surprisingly vigorous defender of the kneeling. I wouldn’t have expected that.

In the weeks since the Senior Bowl, Mayfield has leaned on former NFL quarterback Chad Pennington as a mentor after the two met in Mobile. Pennington was on hand to mentor the quarterbacks, and served in the same capacity as part of the NFL Legends program in Indianapolis. 

Ah, well, it would have been cool to have you on the team, Baker.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was hoping you’d comment on the part about him being mentored by Pennington 

I didn't click through, so I didn't see it until just now. We cross posted.

So now that Mayfield is out, Rosen?

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's also smart enough to realize that after another concussion it may be smart to retire. It's not like he's a poor kid who's only road to success is football. I'm not saying we should pass on him but it's a legit concern. Mayfield will try to hide concussions in an effort to play. 

scouts hate it when football players have other options. They want these guys to be "burn the boats" level desperate on game day 

and if that same person has opinions that he shares? Forget about it. 

Josh McCown is not under contract btw 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

scouts hate it when football players have other options. They want these guys to be "burn the boats" level desperate on game day 

and if that same person has opinions that he shares? Forget about it. 

Josh McCown is not under contract btw 

The only opinion I care about from QBs is if they think the earth is flat. If they do, they'll never account for the Coriolis effect and are doomed to be a career sub 60% passer.

Just now, jgb said:

The only opinion I care about from QBs is if they think the earth is flat. If they do, they'll never account for the Coriolis effect and be a career sub 60% passer.

It's a myth that snipers have to account for the curve of the Earth. It has to be like artillery level bombing. In other words, Josh Allen.  

My big picture QB thoughts:

• It seems to me that the QBs who get drafted very high are the ones that can play sooner.   NFL teams, at least anymore, have avoided a Qb top 5-10 that needs development.  At least that was the theory the last few years post Bortles/Tannehill/Gabbert.   But, at least this year, I don't know how you pick Allen over Mayfield, when Mayfield can come in right away, and Allen both needs development and is a risk.  In the world of Mac 1st round picks have high floors.  Mayfield has a high floor.
  • But given Mayfield's lack of ideal size and some personality risk, he is tough to trade up for.  At least too much.  
  • I did see somewhere Rosen rated as the top QB for a WCO, which was actually surprising.  
  • People talk about Rosen has been "wealthy."  His father is a doctor.  My guess is that they do not have F you money.  They are affluent.   They are not rich enough to forgo $30mm pre tax to play football a few years.  They are rich enough to take the signing bonus and walk after a couple of years if he is getting hurt too badly.  Post-Manziel and Chris Borland, NFL teams are known to downrate players who come from affluent backgroups-they want players "desperate" enough to play this game, which is somewhat of a bad sign for the game itself.    Rosen is going to raise all sorts of flags though-I can see him dropping to the Jets.  
  • i don't understand all the trade scenarios that involve the Dolphins or Bills trading up to 3 or 4.  Shouldn't it be easier for the Jets to do that given that they own 6, the 2 seconds, and a first round pick next year that will be very high.
  • If I am Mac I am signing as many FAs as I can that are better than players on the roster.  That should not be hard.  The draft picks may be traded away.

8 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Do we really think it'll cost a future 1st round pick to move up 3 spots?? Feel like it should be able to get done without that thrown in. 

Moving up 3 spots to 3 is worth about 600pts according to the infamous trade chart. 600 pts is a high second round pick. And future picks are usually worth the same as the current years second round pick. 

So yeah, moving up 3 spots should cost a future 1st rounder...maybe a little more. 

Actually moving up 2 spots is much cheaper and would likely cost only a 3rd this year or a future 2nd. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Lance Zierlins latest mock:  Kill me now.

NYJ.png

Tremaine Edmunds - LB, Virginia Tech

The Jets could get their QB in free agency. ... There could also be three QBs off the board by this pick. Either way, Edmunds is an athletic, explosive option.

If the Jets land Cousins, I’d have no problems with Edmunds at #6.

Guy is a freak who can play every LB position in any scheme.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

If the Jets land Cousins, I’d have no problems with Edmunds at #6.

Guy is a freak who can play every LB position in any scheme.

for f sakes we have lee and adams who are hybrids, and this guy.  you know what a guy is who can play alll lb positions?  a guy that is not good enough at any.

A fing linebacker after ILB S, S would be such pure retard ville

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

NYJ.png

The Jets could get their QB in free agency. ... There could also be three QBs off the board by this pick. Either way, Edmunds is an athletic, explosive option.

“Well, Edmunds is a guy I just watched some video on and I want to say he’s ‘climbing the draft boards’ but where can I plug him...oh the Jets? Good enough”

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

“Well, Edmunds is a guy I just watched some video on and I want to say he’s ‘climbing the draft boards’ but where can I plug him...oh the Jets? Good enough”

BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE ON OUR BOARD. Which is made of candy corn, used ceiling tiles and MetLife  beer muck. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

for f sakes we have lee and adams who are hybrids, and this guy.  you know what a guy is who can play alll lb positions?  a guy that is not good enough at any.

A fing linebacker after ILB S, S would be such pure retard ville

If Chubb is off the board, then Edmunds is the only other defender that I would consider.

I’d sure as sh*t take him over a one trick pony like Davenport from little pissant UTSA. No way I touch that guy in the Top 10.

Hell, if the Jets land Cousins and both Barkley and Chubb are off the board at #6, Edmunds would probably be 2nd behind Nelson as the guy I would prefer most.

I’m not taking a lesser player just because they’re deemed to play a more “premium” position.

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE ON OUR BOARD. Which is made of candy corn, used ceiling tiles and MetLife  beer muck. 

Judging by the history, Maccagnan doesn’t care if an OLB is athletic. Like, he goes out of his way to draft guys that can’t move their feet. I don’t think they’ll be swayed to draft Edmunds just because he tested well

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

If Chubb is off the board, then Edmunds is the only other defender that I would consider.

I’d sure as sh*t take him over a one trick pony like Davenport from little pissant UTSA. No way I touch that guy in the Top 10.

Hell, if the Jets land Cousins and both Barkley and Chubb are off the board at #6, Edmunds would probably be 2nd behind Nelson as the guy I would prefer most.

I’m not taking a lesser player just because they’re deemed to play a more “premium” position.

Just when do you.

A) get around to taking a premium position player?

B) get around to taking offense?

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

NYJ.png

That makes no sense. There is no way we pass on Minkah Fitzpatrck if he is still there at 6 for a LBer. 

Archived