Where we at?

SenorGato

- Math: still gay and totally useless relative to our eyes, hearts, and guts?

- Kirk Cousins: still obligated - if he’s a MAN who is wise, honorable, and worldly like the NFL - to take a discount to play for the forever winners in Minnesota coming off one playoff appearance in a row? Does anyone want to talk about how the only top talent they have under contract after this season is Harrison Smith?

- I notice the Broncos fell out of the Cousins sweepstakes hilariously and predictably fast. Wha’ happened? They were totally definitely the favorites I heard from the former perts out there because Elway’s steel jaw and eyes can do anything or something. 

- Are we still pretending that building the franchise’s third top tier OL in the past 18 years will fix what ails us? $18 million for Norwell or 6 on Nelson still great values? 

- Do we still want Weaponz in FA so long as it’s not the best one (Le’Veon Bell) because god forbid they pay for a healthy elite in his 20s when they can get Allen Robinson off a knee injury for a couple million less? 

- Let us take a second to thank Trader Mike for saving us from Landry. Please do not rescind. 

- Wilkerson was worn down by massive workloads on sh*tty, directionless teams. That describes all of us so I have the smallest dose of empathy. 

- Woof on these non- Harold Landry hyped pass rushers. Who is Josh Sweat? 

- I’m back at Cousins + one of the three QBs at 6 if available. **** the noise and go all in at that position while the resources are there to do it. These other prospects are even less likable than the flawed three QBs up top anyway. I also still want Lauletta. 

- Weston Richburg, Pauline? Booooooo, get Jensen. A month off and FA is still about four UFA players for me - Cousins, Jensen, Bell, and Burton. Throw in a non-Johnson CB (use the money on the gd offense) and James the RT once Trader Mike offers up a second gift to the Jets this offseason. 

- I am 100% willing to forgive and forget that I really got banned over talking sh*t to those sh*t talking troll bots 21 and BigO. Those things can both blow me and go **** themselves out of principle, especially that horrendous 21bot. 

- Pray for my family bruhs. Not the smoothest of times. Weird to add it to this semi-antagonistic post but is what it is 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

- Kirk Cousins: still obligated - if he’s a MAN who is wise, honorable, and worldly like the NFL - to take a discount to play for the forever winners in Minnesota coming off one playoff appearance in a row? Does anyone want to talk about how the only top talent they have under contract after this season is Harrison Smith?

- I notice the Broncos fell out of the Cousins sweepstakes hilariously and predictably fast. Wha’ happened? They were totally definitely the favorites I heard from the former perts out there because Elway’s steel jaw and eyes can do anything or something. 

- Are we still pretending that building the franchise’s third top tier OL in the past 18 years will fix what ails us? $18 million for Norwell or 6 on Nelson still great values? 

- Do we still want Weaponz in FA so long as it’s not the best one (Le’Veon Bell) because god forbid they pay for a healthy elite in his 20s when they can get Allen Robinson off a knee injury for a couple million less? 

- Let us take a second to thank Trader Mike for saving us from Landry. Please do not rescind. 

- Wilkerson was worn down by massive workloads on sh*tty, directionless teams. That describes all of us so I have the smallest dose of empathy. 

- I’m back at Cousins + one of the three QBs at 6 if available. **** the noise and go all in at that position while the resources are there to do it. These other prospects are even less likable than the flawed three QBs up top anyway. I also still want Lauletta. 

- Weston Richburg, Pauline? Booooooo, get Jensen. A month off and FA is still about four UFA players for me - Cousins, Jensen, Bell, and Burton. Throw in a non-Johnson CB (use the money on the gd offense) and James the RT once Trader Mike offers up a second gift to the Jets this offseason. 

- I am 100% willing to forgive and forget that I really got banned over talking sh*t to those sh*t talking troll bots 21 and BigO. Those things can both blow me and go **** themselves out of principle, especially that horrendous 21bot. 

- Pray for my family bruhs. Not the smoothest of times. Weird to add it to this semi-antagonistic post but is what it is 

Bell got the exclusive franchise tag.

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

we've moved on to anyone who thinks Cousins will choose us over the Vikes is an idiot.  We still stand no chance.. even though everyone reporting it's down to 2 teams and we're one of them.

We're one of them the way that last guy invited to the poker game is 'one of them'.  

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

We're one of them the way that last guy invited to the poker game is 'one of them'.  

I guess we'll see in a week.  In the event they sign him I'm sure we'll all hear that it's only because of the money and the Jets are for all intents and purposes holding him against his will.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

No, fk him

The bold x1000

22 minutes ago, Pac said:

I guess we'll see in a week.  In the event they sign him I'm sure we'll all hear that it's only because of the money and the Jets are for all intents and purposes holding him against his will.

I mostly want Cousins to sign here JUST for the backlash at this point. It’ll be hilarious to read the sanctimonious nonsense that would come with it. Everyone’s greedy but the bosses or whatever it ends up being 

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

@SenorGato welcome back, weirdo!

I appreciate your take. Prayers to you & yours. 

Thanks all around. I would never mention my personal sh*t here (ever since that gd tipping incident lol where I was 100% wrong) so yeah - this one has gotten to me. 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

we've moved on to anyone who thinks Cousins will choose us over the Vikes is an idiot.  We still stand no chance.. even though everyone reporting it's down to 2 teams and we're one of them.

lol... you guys STILL don't get it. 

Jets fans & Cousins:

original.gif

SGZO.gif

tumblr_nesodo85131rmgfh0o3_400.gif

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol... you guys STILL don't get it. 

Lol so the discount for a short term contender thing is still on? GD I love this sport. We literally just cycled through a similar narrative with the Broncos, and looks like many here are still falling for that nonsense. 

$$$$. It’s the one and only reason most of us even pretend we want to live the straight and narrow. 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

I was arguing with everyone that thought the Broncos would get Cousins over us. I thought we were the frontrunners until the Vikings entered the picture. Now I am pretty sure we have no chance and he is only using us to jack up the price from the Vikings. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I was arguing with everyone that thought the Broncos would get Cousins over us. I thought we were the frontrunners until the Vikings entered the picture. Now I am pretty sure we have no chance and he is only using us to jack up the price from the Vikings. 

This is a salary capped sport. What is this jacking up the price stuff? There’s a ceiling and there’s is only slightly higher than the Broncos’, last week’s favorite. 

13 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Lol so the discount for a short term contender thing is still on? GD I love this sport. We literally just cycled through a similar narrative with the Broncos, and looks like many here are still falling for that nonsense. 

I feel like you intentionally speak in obtuse or vague form.

What fcking discount are you talking about? He's going to see close 100 million guaranteed for 3 to 4 year deal, REGARDLESS. Anything past that would be tied to a resigning/renegotiated. 5 million here or there from the JETS means fck all, buddy. Fck. All....  Not when he can get ANOTHER 100 million when he's 34 years old playing for a contender, instead of this sh*tfest. 

Are you guys dense, or just blinded by the love for your own team? I get the latter, but the former i'm not so sure. Maybe? 

7 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

This is a salary capped sport. What is this jacking up the price stuff? There’s a ceiling and there’s is only slightly higher than the Broncos’, last week’s favorite. 

It's all they've been saying..  seemingly ignoring the fact there is a team with MORE cap space then us and a worse QB situation.

If I'm "using a team to jack up the price" it's the Browns..  

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

It's all they've been saying..  seemingly ignoring the fact there is a team with MORE cap space then us and a worse QB situation.

If I'm "using a team to jack up the price" it's the Browns..  

no, only an idiot would use the browns to jack up anything. 

13 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I feel like you intentionally speak in obtuse or vague form.

What fcking discount are you talking about? He's going to see close 100 million guaranteed for 3 to 4 year deal, REGARDLESS. Anything past that would be tied to a resigning/renegotiated. 5 million here or there from the JETS means fck all, buddy. Fck. All....  Not when he can get ANOTHER FCKING 100 million when he's 34 years old playing for a contender, instead of this sh*tfest. 

Are you guys dense, or just blinded by the love for your own team? I get the latter, but the former i'm not so sure. Maybe? 

This post is so loaded with wrong things. 

This has nothing to do with homerism or me being a Jets fan. It’s about money, which is neither vague nor obtuse. The only thing vague and obtuse right now is this act where less money is better or money lacks value because the Jets haven’t made one consecutive playoff like the Vikings; all because in 5 years he may also get money. Lol like wtf...That is some real mental gymnastics.

OTOH I do understand mentally preparing for the worst with this franchise. 

20 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

This post is so loaded with wrong things it doesn’t need to be touched or even ridiculed. It kinda does that for itself. 

This has nothing to do with homerism or me being a Jets fan. It’s about money, which is neither vagur or obtuse. The only thing vague and obtuse right now is this act where less money is better or money lacks value because the Jets haven’t made one consecutive playoff like the Vikings; all because in 5 years he may get more money. Lol like wtf...

I'm confused. You speak like someone who doesn't mop bathrooms for a living... but your logic is sh*t.

KIRK: So... whatta you think. Jets, Vikings? 

AGENT: Money is apples to oranges. Maybe we squeeze another 25 million guaranteed for your 4th year out of the Jets.... but...

KIRK: But what? 

AGENT: Well, that's not really what you want. in 3 seasons, you'll be 33, prime for another mega extension, and avg salary at that point will likely get you 33-35 guaranteed a year.. Could be looking at 120+ guaranteed in Feb 2021

KIRK: yea! Lets do that.

AGENT: OK, but key part of getting that second fat payoff, is not looking like sh*t between now and then.

KIRK: Right, and NY sucks....

AGENT: Yes. Unless you think you can throw NY on your back for a couple years with whatever the fck they're peddling as playmakers... it's a risk. GM/HC are a strike away. You can squeeze an extra few million outta them, but I can't promise you anything down the road. 

KIRK: So, virtually everything is better in MIN? Talent, defense, coaching, likelyhood of increasing my value over 3 years... 

AGENT: Yes.... except, NY has this Gato guy. Apparently he's a big deal. Reinventing the wheel over there.

Archived