Darron Lee wants new uniforms

Maxman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Was very tempted to respond back saying they don't need new uniforms, because the current ones never even got dirty.

If I’m the Jets I’d ablige, ship him out, and he can wear a new uniform.

459323465.jpg11192704_634810059954498_1619467770_n.jpg1782490_display_image.jpg

I'm all for bringing back the 80's 90's logo..and some form of a uniform change.. (more green) but I totally get why people want to keep the current uniforms.. they are clean and sharp.. but I sure miss the 80's~90's..

I believe the Jets need a new alternate jersey that's modern a-la the Broncos or Cardinals designs, add grey as a third color, it's overdue, I'm all for it.

But I won't stand for:

1) The discontinuance of our 1968 uniforms that are iconic to the Jets and still are among the best in the league.

2) Going back to the 80's ugly plain-Jane green uniforms that represent decades of losing and pathetic play.

Do not disagree with me.  I am a PSL owner who spent $20,000 for my licenses and will spend over $200,000 in season tickets for the duration of the term so my voice and my opinion means more than yours on the subject.

SAR I

3 hours ago, pointman said:

Give Darron Lee a new uniform. May I recommend perhaps Cleveland or The Giants?

That's a great response. 

Hey Darron keep playing like you have been and you will have a new uniform very soon!

A smart ownership would've brought back the 70s-90s style unis as an alternate uni.  We do not have smart ownership.

I don't mind the current logo and helmet design, but they need to go back to kelly green from this dark green that they've had in recent years.

6 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

A smart ownership would've brought back the 70s-90s style unis as an alternate uni.  We do not have smart ownership.

I don't mind the current logo and helmet design, but they need to go back to kelly green from this dark green that they've had in recent years.

lol Smart because thats what you prefer? 

25 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I didn't like the kelly green, I'd prefer they go to a darker green... ala the Hawaii Warriors

haw-03-07-allblack-davidallio-620x683.jp 

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

79bb8562945691.5aa095a085d3c.png

f1a1ed62945691.5aa095a0860f6.png

Screenshot_20180308-014550~2.png

Oddly enough, some dude on Reddit decided to mock up new logos for all 32 NFL teams today and I gotta admit, I like his one for us. 

Here's the other 32 (format of site won't lemme just copy and paste without errors): 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/62945691/All-NFL-Logos-Redesigned

I notice the PC police have changed to Redskins to Redtails.

14 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Lions, Jags, and Bucs all rebranded their logos after having a stretch of terrible years. I could see the Jets doing something similar. Personally I don't mind the uniforms right now but would love to introduce a gunmetal or black color scheme.

so did we back in 1998 and then we had the best stretch of winning consistently in our history but now it's been long enough losing in these unis where maybe we can use a tweak?  I've always said I'd love the 80s style uni's w/ the current darker green.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

79bb8562945691.5aa095a085d3c.png

f1a1ed62945691.5aa095a0860f6.png

Screenshot_20180308-014550~2.png

Oddly enough, some dude on Reddit decided to mock up new logos for all 32 NFL teams today and I gotta admit, I like his one for us. 

Here's the other 32 (format of site won't lemme just copy and paste without errors): 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/62945691/All-NFL-Logos-Redesigned

I think this is a sharp alternate. Not overdone, looks retro. I like it.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

I believe the Jets need a new alternate jersey that's modern a-la the Broncos or Cardinals designs, add grey as a third color, it's overdue, I'm all for it.

But I won't stand for:

1) The discontinuance of our 1968 uniforms that are iconic to the Jets and still are among the best in the league.

2) Going back to the 80's ugly plain-Jane green uniforms that represent decades of losing and pathetic play.

Do not disagree with me.  I am a PSL owner who spent $20,000 for my licenses and will spend over $200,000 in season tickets for the duration of the term so my voice and my opinion means more than yours on the subject.

SAR I

LOL. Since you were dumb enough to do that means we should DISREGARD anything you post. I think most do anyway.

This is going to go over about as well as a fart in church but the uniforms are fine. The NAME is the problem. 

(WAIT WAIT HEAR HIM OUT)

The NFL is full of Animals, People and Legendary Creatures

Eagles, Seahawks, Cardinals, Bills, Bengals, Panthers. These are examples of animals.

Patriots, Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, 49ers these are people. Giants (and Titans) are legendary creatures. 

The Jets are not an Animal, a Person or a Legendary Creature. The Jets are inanimate objects. 

In all of the super bowls of all time, there's only been one time an inanimate object has won.

It was SB 3 the Jets over the Colts. 

Side note i went through all 32 teams cause I know what relentless fact checkers JN employs

http://mentalfloss.com/article/25650/whats-nickname-origins-all-32-nfl-team-names

and the only other team besides Jets that could conceivably be considered an inanimate object are the Los Angeles Chargers. No one really knows why Barron Hilton chose that name. One theory is he liked the catchy "CHARGE!" cheer that was all the rage in 1960. 

Either way, the Chargers' franchise has appeared in only one super bowl in 1994, and they lost.

Archived