Darron Lee wants new uniforms

Maxman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he's a dum kid who talks (and tweets) too much not Aaron Hernandez 

Most kids are dumb and talk too much. He has a rap sheet.

If he wasnt a well paid (rich kid by most standards) athlete his mom's house, if she owns one, would be bail bond collateral in perpetuity.

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

I believe the Jets need a new alternate jersey that's modern a-la the Broncos or Cardinals designs, add grey as a third color, it's overdue, I'm all for it.

But I won't stand for:

1) The discontinuance of our 1968 uniforms that are iconic to the Jets and still are among the best in the league.

2) Going back to the 80's ugly plain-Jane green uniforms that represent decades of losing and pathetic play.

Do not disagree with me.  I am a PSL owner who spent $20,000 for my licenses and will spend over $200,000 in season tickets for the duration of the term so my voice and my opinion means more than yours on the subject.

SAR I

we had a lot of success in the '68 style uni's from 1998-2010 but the original versions we had SB III and not much else.

the uni's were tweaked but basically we had them from 1963-1977(15 seasons). In those 15 seasons we made the playoffs just 2 times(when the 2nd place team in our division was a .500 team). 

we had 3 winning seasons, 9 losing seasons and 3 .500 seasons so we were .500 or below 80% of the time in the '68 era uni's. made the playoffs 13% of the time and had 2 playoff wins. we were at .500 or above 40% of the time.

we changed in 1978 to the 80s style green helmet, we tweaked them adding black in 1990 through 1997 so for 20 seasons we had that style uniform. In those 20 seasons we made the playoffs 5 times.

we had 6 winning seasons, 9 losing seasons(same # as '68 unis in 5 more seasons) and 5 .500 seasons.  we were at .500 or below 70% of the time, we were at .500 or above 55% of the time and made the playoffs 25% of the time and had 3 playoff wins.

1963-1977 record 87-117-6, 41%

1978-1997 record 134-176-2, 43%

since we went back to the old style but upgraded them w/ the darker green.

1998-2017(20 seasons, it's crazy we have been wearing them for 20 seasons):

10 winning seasons

7 losing seasons

3 .500 seasons

.500 or below 505 of the time

.500 or above 65% of the time

made the playoffs 7 times w/ 7 playoff wins

157-163, 49%

11 hours ago, Mogglez said:

79bb8562945691.5aa095a085d3c.png

f1a1ed62945691.5aa095a0860f6.png

Screenshot_20180308-014550~2.png

Oddly enough, some dude on Reddit decided to mock up new logos for all 32 NFL teams today and I gotta admit, I like his one for us. 

Here's the other 32 (format of site won't lemme just copy and paste without errors): 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/62945691/All-NFL-Logos-Redesigned

This looks great. Our current logo is garbage. Implement a Jet into the logo. Maybe put a Jet on top of the helmet instead of a stripe and an NY on the side.  I believe you have some inside access to the Jets. Please male it happen. I promise to spend at least a G in new gear. 

25 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

This looks great. Our current logo is garbage. Implement a Jet into the logo. Maybe put a Jet on top of the helmet instead of a stripe and an NY on the side.  I believe you have some inside access to the Jets. Please male it happen. I promise to spend at least a G in new gear. 

Out of all of the versions I've seen, this is by far my favorite. Updated Jet, Retro style, looks like it's been around, back to the Kelly Green (which by the way NOBODY looks good in except ginger Irish kids, lol), but the logo is cool even if sported in Gray or White with the green logo & the NY. I would not be opposed to this as an alternate as long as it's always White pants with the double retro stripe on the side to match the helmet. Team would look awesome in these busting through the tunnel.

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Out of all of the versions I've seen, this is by far my favorite. Updated Jet, Retro style, looks like it's been around, back to the Kelly Green (which by the way NOBODY looks good in except ginger Irish kids, lol), but the logo is cool even if sported in Gray or White with the green logo & the NY. I would not be opposed to this as an alternate as long as it's always White pants with the double retro stripe on the side to match the helmet. Team would look awesome in these busting through the tunnel.

Right up until kickoff :P

How about the logo on the green helmet replacing the Jets font on the white helmet and reverse the colors, add a lil metallic. Boom photoshop peeps get on this!  Because Monday we have other sh*t to chat about

• 10 months later...
On 3/7/2018 at 3:43 PM, PepPep said:

Whats with the D.Lee hate? Exactly what makes him a bust? Bad pick? Warming the bench? WTF are you talking about? You sound like a bitter old a-holes who are never happy with anything or anybody.  

The kid has only been in league two season and improved from his rookie year to his sophomore year. 

2017: 94 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FFs...while playing a hybrid S/ILB who is responsible for spying the QB, covering TEs/RBs, containing the run and blitzing the QB. 

Taking this off topic for a moment (sorry): Lee?  1st off he was drafted in April of 2016.  He has been in the league three seasons, not two.  He has played poorly for the most part with a few games with good performance.  Takes all the wrong angles and often late to the play or is just in the wrong place.  He gets crushed in the running game.  Crushed.  And just add on the suspension plus the wacky nightclub issue when Leo had to stop hi from becoming the next NFL player to get into hot water.  Let/s hope Greg Williams can fix him, because he has NOT played anything remotely close to a mid-late 1st round pick should be playing.  At this stage, there is no way the Jets should exercise that 5th year option.  Crazy.

Archived