Stop Suggesting the Jets Will/Should Cut Anderson

Doggin94it

You people are crazy.

That's not a conclusion I've reached lightly.  But it's absolutely the only reasonable conclusion to draw from the evidence, which is the repeated demands that the Jets cut a young, productive, cost-controlled player on the rise because of stupid off the field indiscretions that neither impact the Jets as a team nor cross a line into a moral monstrosity so large that keeping him on the team is a moral problem.

Let's review the "Robby Anderson ****s up" timeline, shall we?

• May 8, 2017: Robby is at a music festival in Miami, is told to leave, refuses, gets arrested, and charged with resisting arrest for "tensing his body".  Let's take every aspect of the story in the worst possible light for Robbie, assume the officer was completely in the right on everything, and Anderson's resistance was completely unwarranted.
  • Jan 19, 2018: Robby is stopped for speeding at a ridiculous 105 in a 45 at 2:00 am.  After trying to speed away from being pulled over, running multiple red lights and weaving across the road, he's arrested, and in the back seat of the police car and mouths off to the officer, saying that when he gets out, he's going to find the officer's wife and jerk off into her eye.  Again, Anderson "braces, tenses, and refuses" to follow directions when the officer tries to put him in the cop car.  He's charged with resisting an officer/obstruction without violence; felony harm to a public servant or family; felony fleeing/eluding while lights/siren active; reckless driving; failure to drive in a single lane; two counts of disobeying/avoiding a red light; speeding; and turning without a signal.
  • Per ESPN, Robby's also been charged with 10 other traffic offenses, including a prior resisting arrest charge coming out of one in 2014 (the charge was dropped).
  • Just recently, he told Chris Carter to screw off for lecturing him.

You know what's not on there?  Murder.  Assault.  Theft. Anything at all  that involves harm to another person.  That includes the police officers who were arresting him - his "resistance" is never violent; he tenses up and makes it harder for the officer to cuff him or put him in the vehicle.  That's it.

Is any of this good, or acceptable?  Of course not.  The comment about the officer's wife was juvenile, but the idea that Anderson really meant it and intended to follow through is beyond farfetched.  Robby's clearly got major problems with authority, that he needs to get under control.

But why in the world does any of that mean the Jets should cut him?  Is he hurting the team?  Absolutely not, except to the extent he gets suspended and isn't there because of it (and guys, if that's your problem with him, I've got bad news for you: if the Jets cut him, he won't be on the field for any of their games).  Can the Jets easily replace him with a similarly talented player who will give us equivalent production at the same low cost?  Um ... no.

It makes no football sense at all to cut Anderson.  It makes no business sense at all to cut Anderson.  You're embarrassed to root for the team because of him?  Grow up.  He's no choir boy, but traffic violations and not enjoying getting arrested aren't some incomprehensible evil.

He's on the team.  He should continue to be on the team.  And I hope he gets the mental health help he clearly needs while remaining on the team.

Cut Robby Anderson?  You guys are crazy.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no issue with your comment, tell it to our front office.  The same front office that take people off their draft board for not brushing their teeth in the mornings.

As for no murder on there!

Speeding at 105 in a 45 zone is asking to kill someone. 

10 other traffic offense, i guess we just wait till he kill mesons and then cut him?

You forgot to mentions some of his ion field issues.

Anderson is not Megatron, he is a guy who runs 9 routes pretty well.

Just now, Beerfish said:

I have no issue with your comment, tell it to our front office.  The same front office that take people off their draft board for not brushing their teeth in the mornings.

As for no murder on there!

Speeding at 105 in a 45 zone is asking to kill someone. 

10 other traffic offense, i guess we just wait till he kill mesons and then cut him?

You forgot to mentions some of his ion field issues.

Anderson is not Megatron, he is a guy who runs 9 routes pretty well.

Not at 2am it's not.

1 minute ago, Pointdexter said:

Then call me crazy. You have to ask yourself, would Belichick put up with this circus side show? Nope. There's consequences to actions and it's a good precedent to set when running a professional organization.

You're absolutely right.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/6811622/albert-haynesworth-washington-redskins-traded-new-england-patriots-sources-say

Belichick would never

http://www.espn.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7710194/2012-free-agency-donte-stallworth-agreed-one-year-deal-new-england-patriots-source-says

Have anyone with off-field circus issues

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/22/themmqb-rob-gronkowski-gronks-party-cruise-fan

on his team

http://www.espn.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8306183/new-england-patriots-tight-end-aaron-hernandez-agree-extension-sources-say

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

Cut him?  No.

Let him go when he hits free agency and get a comp pick?  yep

Depends on his asking price, since you'll need to price-in the risk that he does something stupid and gets suspended for a year.  At the right price, you can resign him.  If he wants too much, let him walk. 

Just like every other FA

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Cut him?  No.

Pretty much this right here. Just enjoy the cheap contract that he carries and let it play out. In no way do you give him an extension. I would think by then, you can find a replacement.

2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Depends on his asking price, since you'll need to price-in the risk that he does something stupid and gets suspended for a year.  At the right price, you can resign him.  If he wants too much, let him walk. 

Just like every other FA

#1, I hope for the best for him.   I hope he grows up and realizes what he has right now.   I truly hope he gets his act in order.

However, no way I trust someone that immature with 7-8 million a year or whatever he's going to want.

7 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Then call me crazy. You have to ask yourself, would Belichick put up with this circus side show? Nope. There's consequences to actions and it's a good precedent to set when running a professional organization.

Belichick actually drafted AAron Hernandez, who was very suspect, even at that time.

Have you seen some of the players that Bb has brought in? Kenny Britt?

Please, with this.

17 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

You people are crazy.

That's not a conclusion I've reached lightly.  But it's absolutely the only reasonable conclusion to draw from the evidence, which is the repeated demands that the Jets cut a young, productive, cost-controlled player on the rise because of stupid off the field indiscretions that neither impact the Jets as a team nor cross a line into a moral monstrosity so large that keeping him on the team is a moral problem.

Let's review the "Robby Anderson ****s up" timeline, shall we?

• May 8, 2017: Robby is at a music festival in Miami, is told to leave, refuses, gets arrested, and charged with resisting arrest for "tensing his body".  Let's take every aspect of the story in the worst possible light for Robbie, assume the officer was completely in the right on everything, and Anderson's resistance was completely unwarranted.
  • Jan 19, 2018: Robby is stopped for speeding at a ridiculous 105 in a 45 at 2:00 am.  After trying to speed away from being pulled over, running multiple red lights and weaving across the road, he's arrested, and in the back seat of the police car and mouths off to the officer, saying that when he gets out, he's going to find the officer's wife and jerk off into her eye.  Again, Anderson "braces, tenses, and refuses" to follow directions when the officer tries to put him in the cop car.  He's charged with resisting an officer/obstruction without violence; felony harm to a public servant or family; felony fleeing/eluding while lights/siren active; reckless driving; failure to drive in a single lane; two counts of disobeying/avoiding a red light; speeding; and turning without a signal.
  • Per ESPN, Robby's also been charged with 10 other traffic offenses, including a prior resisting arrest charge coming out of one in 2014 (the charge was dropped).
  • Just recently, he told Chris Carter to screw off for lecturing him.

You know what's not on there?  Murder.  Assault.  Theft. Anything at all  that involves harm to another person.  That includes the police officers who were arresting him - his "resistance" is never violent; he tenses up and makes it harder for the officer to cuff him or put him in the vehicle.  That's it.

Is any of this good, or acceptable?  Of course not.  The comment about the officer's wife was juvenile, but the idea that Anderson really meant it and intended to follow through is beyond farfetched.  Robby's clearly got major problems with authority, that he needs to get under control.

But why in the world does any of that mean the Jets should cut him?  Is he hurting the team?  Absolutely not, except to the extent he gets suspended and isn't there because of it (and guys, if that's your problem with him, I've got bad news for you: if the Jets cut him, he won't be on the field for any of their games).  Can the Jets easily replace him with a similarly talented player who will give us equivalent production at the same low cost?  Um ... no.

It makes no football sense at all to cut Anderson.  It makes no business sense at all to cut Anderson.  You're embarrassed to root for the team because of him?  Grow up.  He's no choir boy, but traffic violations and not enjoying getting arrested aren't some incomprehensible evil.

He's on the team.  He should continue to be on the team.  And I hope he gets the mental health help he clearly needs while remaining on the team.

Cut Robby Anderson?  You guys are crazy.

Doing pot isn’t hurting anyone else. Drinking and driving isn’t hitting anyone. Speeding 60 miles above the speed limit isn’t hurting anyone. Crossing red light never hurts anyone. Unless of course someone gets hurt though right? 

I don’t want Anderson cut but to say he’s not a murderer is just a good luck. Crossing a rd light at 105 mph without killing someone is good luck. He should be suspended without pay for like a year. Maybe when he runs out of the cash, he’ll sort his sh*t. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Doing pot isn’t hurting anyone else. Drinking and driving isn’t hitting anyone. Speeding 60 miles above the speed limit isn’t hurting anyone. Crossing red light never hurts anyone. Unless of course someone gets hurt though right? 

I don’t want Anderson cut but to say he’s not a murderer is just a good luck. Crossing a rd light at 105 mph without killing someone is good luck. He should be suspended without pay for like a year. Maybe when he runs out of the cash, he’ll sort his sh*t. 

Look what Ray Lewis got away with. And he is in the HOF

16 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Totally agree. He didn't rob anyone or commit domestic violence or get caught with cocaine. The thought of cutting him is insane.

All we need to do is take away his car keys.

Which one is better, cocaine without violence or driving at 105 mph and crossing red lights?

18 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Cut him?  No.

What makes you so sure Mac has any clue about the existence of a comp pick? 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

So your stance is only "good" players should be able to get away with indiscretions? WOW

My stance is that you need to be a great player with common sense. Robbie lacks both. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You move on from Anderson because he’s a recidivist wackbag whom you cannot under any circumstances give a long-term contract to, especially when you’re a head coach who has difficulty asserting discipline over your roster.

The Jets are negotiating a long term deal with Anderson now?

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Belichick actually drafted AAron Hernandez, who was very suspect, even at that time.

Have you seen some of the players that Bb has brought in? Kenny Britt?

Please, with this.

I was shocked but Beliprick actually resigned Britt so he's coming back.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh look, Scott crawling out of the womb and finding out that good athletes get preferential treatment. 

Yeah, murdering someone (wink, wink) deserves preferential treatment.

Let's  pretend that the NFL cares about player image and scrapes with the law.

Are you now going to get on a high horse on abolishing players whom have had scrapes, or is it just because he is a Jet?

13 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yeah, murdering someone (wink, wink) deserves preferential treatment.

Let's  pretend that the NFL cares about player image and scrapes with the law.

Are you now going to get on a high horse on abolishing players whom have had scrapes, or is it just because he is a Jet?

I don’t have a high horse and I’m gladly riding a midget pony to Gomorrah. Are you giving Anderson a three year contract or not?

There was more of a reason to cut Donahue imo, but people who drive like that are the worst. It's insane in Florida. Tailgating, no signals, running red lights, texting etc.

Hell look at what happened in Brooklyn a few days ago. No excuse for driving like a maniac.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hey, Robbie, I’m gonna give you this three year, $18 million dollar deal with $10mm guaranteed because even though you have bi-weekly scrapes with the law, you’ve managed to not rape or murder anyone. 

I'll happily give him that deal, as long as 4M of the guaranty is year 2 salary and it has language voiding the guaranty and requiring repayment of signing bonus if he gets arrested or suspended.  6M per, with less than 6M at risk of being torpedoed by his off field behavior?  Yes please.

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There was more of a reason to cut Donahue imo, but people who drive like that are the worst. It's insane in Florida. Tailgating, no signals, running red lights, texting etc.

Hell look at what happened in Brooklyn a few days ago. No excuse for driving like a maniac.

I forgot that the Jets are doing absolutely nothing punitive to Donahue. Jesus.

Archived