Stop Suggesting the Jets Will/Should Cut Anderson

Doggin94it

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Robby “At least he hasn’t killed someone” Anderson. 

I like it.

I still like Robby "Nut in your wife's eye" Anderson.

He could get more endorsements that way. Nutella, conjunctivitis eyedrops, pirate eye patches, etc. Just gotta be imaginative is all.

3 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I know it's super easy for us to find #2 WR's...it's not like we've had to make trades to find decent WR's like Brandon Marshall, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Percy Harvin, Jermaine Kearse. Of course we could always go back to the days of starting Chaz Schillens, Stephen Hill and Clyde Gates too. Maybe Greg Salas is available and does anyone know if Chris Owusu has the brain power to pick up a pen to sign another contract? 

Or, conversely, hire a GM that doesn't suck perhaps?

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

In this day and age this is probably realistic. Having bi-weekly scrapes with the law and commiting crimes are two different things, Major moral crimes such as rape or murder is on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. 

I think is this why @Doggin94it is telling folks to lay off dude. Some fans are acting like he's out raping or murdering folks every other week. 

Fans/media are great at making things bigger than what it should be. "Lets skip suspensions etc., lets just cut him". The dude had a run-in with the law. Matter of fact, instead of folks jumping to conclusions (in not saying you are....just generally speaking) I think that if fans are really concerned then what they should do is maybe approach it from the perspective of hoping that the Jets Front Office figures out why Anderson is having problems with the law in Florida. When you read the reports it simply makes him look like crap "He was arrested twice in less than a year", however, what the reports, atleast from what I seen, dont mention is that the first arrest was by an offiicer who had a history of doing this to players and ultimately it was concluded that he did nothing wrong. 

If you take that into perspective then maybe this could be some sort of retaliation....or maybe Robby's wrong. Either way, fans dont have solid footing to make this kid out to be some sort of problem. There was no dash camera, no blood taken to see if he was under the influence, only the report of an officer and the fact that Anderson disrespected his wife. Maybe Robby did everything in the report, or maybe he's being ****ed with. 

Either way, it seems like Robby has no problems except when he goes back home, and the funny thing is, its not like he's with his homies or something. He's having run'ins and the first one was concluded as suspect at the very least. 

All im saying is to give benefit of the doubt here, not trying to say the dude is innocent or guilty, but Robby literally has no history of being a problem as a Jet. The first incident was on the officer.  Lets not forget that. 

Mods, im not trying to make this a big thing! For the record, only wanted to talk the facts and not make this more than what it is. I actually agree with Doggin that we need chill. Robby is a good player and as far as I can see isnt Sheldon Richardson. 

He literally threatened to do one of these things to a police officers significant other for, and this is an exact quote, "ruining my fun".

Robby is a piece of sh*t and quite frankly, if we land Allen Robinson, should be traded as soon as possible.

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He literally threatened to do one of these things to a police officers significant other for, and this is an exact quote, "ruining my fun".

Has nothing to do with the football field/his job. As for exact quotes, I didnt know that Robby confirmed this given that he's the alleged source of the quote.

Look, i dont like situations like this in gereral, but thats his business and it should be properly sorted out. I don't see anything here warranting cutting him. And as far as the Jets go...seems like they agree at the present time as well. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Has nothing to do with the football field/his job. As for exact quotes, I didnt know that Robby confirmed this given that he's the alleged source of the quote.

Look, i dont like situations like this in gereral, but thats his business and ut should be properly sorted out. I don't see anything here warranting cutting him. And as far as the Jets go...seems like they agree at this present time as well. 

His off the field behavior absolutely has something to do with his job because he's going to be suspended for it and, therefore, isn't available to do his job.  That's his fault.  He's shown that he doesn't really give a sh*t about learning from his mistakes so that puts him at a higher risk for future incidents and future suspensions.  Thinking anything else is just naive.  

Considering that the quotes were in the police report and he has numerous run-ins with the law that involve him resisting arrest/getting aggressive with law enforcement, excuse me for not giving him the benefit of the doubt.  He's done nothing to earn that from me or anyone else for that matter.  After what he said about Cris Carter this week and all his other incidents, would it really be shocking to you to find out that the guy is just a massive sh*tstain?  I'd love for this to just be "Robby's business".  Unfortunately that's not the case in the NFL. 

My guess at this time is Robby doesn't see a second contract.  If Quincy Enunwa comes back strong and we sign a top tier FA (Robinson/Watkins/etc.), I'd say he isn't on the team within the next 2 years.

Just now, Mogglez said:

His off the field behavior absolutely has something to do with his job because he's going to be suspended for it and, therefore, isn't available to do his job.  That's his fault.  He's shown that he doesn't really give a sh*t about learning from his mistakes so that puts him at a higher risk for future incidents and future suspensions.  Thinking anything else is just naive.  

Considering that the quotes were in the police report and he has numerous run-ins with the law that involve him resisting arrest/getting aggressive with law enforcement, excuse me for not giving him the benefit of the doubt.  He's done nothing to earn that from me or anyone else for that matter.  After what he said about Cris Carter this week and all his other incidents, would it really be shocking to you to find out that the guy is just a massive sh*tstain?  I'd love for this to just be "Robby's business".  Unfortunately that's not the case in the NFL. 

My guess at this time is Robby doesn't see a second contract.  If Quincy Enunwa comes back strong and we sign a top tier FA (Robinson/Watkins/etc.), I'd say he isn't on the team within the next 2 years.

Cool

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine being such a talent poor team that you have to keep a UDFA that can’t stop getting arrested. 

Right but there's "no solid footing to make this kid out to be some sort of problem".

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Right but there's "no evidence that he's a problem".

Yeah, he never admitted to wanting  to rape, and eye Nut, a cops wife, so he may not actually be a problem. And we also don’t know if Geno is a great franchise QB yet either....

9 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Yeah, he never admitted to wanting  to rape, and eye Nut, a cops wife, so he may not actually be a problem. And we also don’t know if Geno is a great franchise QB yet either....

Given your personal experience with situations like this i completely understand your position.  

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I was empathizing over your sig. Kind of a similar situation which is why i said i understood why you hold your position. 

As for Geno, stop picking on him. 

Hey, I’m just waiting for Geno to fulfill his destiny of greatness.

He’s an above average WR not great.  He tossed his helmet during a game and asked during a game to be voted into the Pro Bowl. 

Before I became a financial advisor I was a special education teacher.  Based on his interviews and tweets he probably would have been in my class.  He probably never learned how to control his emotions in certain situations which I’m hoping isn’t an issue.  Imagine he draws an unsportsmanlike and costs us a game?  

10 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Then call me crazy. You have to ask yourself, would Belichick put up with this circus side show? Nope. There's consequences to actions and it's a good precedent to set when running a professional organization.

bellichicken brought in randy moss who drove his car through a crowd when he was with the vikings.  we can't condone anderson.  he did some pretty foolish things but they are minor by comparison of many other nflers or pro athletes in general.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

bellichicken brought in randy moss who drove his car through a crowd when he was with the vikings.  we can't condone anderson.  he did some pretty foolish things but they are minor by comparison of many other nflers or pro athletes in general.

That doesnt count because its "belichick." This guy's entire history is shrouded in controversy....BUT if you win, then all of the "gates" and film recordings get wiped away and you're considered the gold standard.

Gotta love history

Archived