Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

If this happens, it’ll be great to watch the velcro shoe crew handwave away the Bills’ truckload of extra picks as an unfortunate natural occurrence, like a thunderstorm or an earthquake.

Seems to me this could have gone a different way.  Bills could have packaged 21 and 22 with Taylor and whatever else to try to move up to #4 now.  I think CLE has no intention of trading that pick that far down.  I also think they still intend to take a QB anyway.  So that still leaves just IND and possibly (but doubtfully) NYG as trade partners.  BUF definitely has a lot of ammo, and if they throw in Cordy Glenn, it might be enough.  I'm pretty sure it would take our #6 and both of our 2nds at least to beat that out.  If only we had players somebody wanted badly enough to trade draft picks for.  Any players...

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tyrod is keeping the seat warm for Darnold.  Darnold is 20 years old.  You're smoking something if you think Tyrod Taylor is going to stop the Browns from taking a QB.

I cant imagine this would stop them from taking a qb at #1. I’ll beleive it when I see it.  I think Taylor is a stop gap until Darnold is ready.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, pointman said:

Moves are starting to happen. Division rivals shakin' and bakin'. I worry not hearing our names mentioned with any potential moves. 

Slow & Steady Wins the Race...  There Is NO one out there in FA worthy of tripping over to get.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pac said:

and why do people think that an extra 3rd round pick suddenly gives the Bills the ammunition to move up to 3??  It would take a hell of a lot more than 2 picks in the 20's and a 3rd to move up to 3..  a LOT more.

Colts might be much more willing to try to get their guy at 6, than way down at 21 or 22.  I think Colts trade  with us before they do the Bills or Dolphins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Seems to me this could have gone a different way.  Bills could have packaged 21 and 22 with Taylor and whatever else to try to move up to #4 now.  I think CLE has no intention of trading that pick that far down.  I also think they still intend to take a QB anyway.  So that still leaves just IND and possibly (but doubtfully) NYG as trade partners.  BUF definitely has a lot of ammo, and if they throw in Cordy Glenn, it might be enough.  I'm pretty sure it would take our #6 and both of our 2nds at least to beat that out.  If only we had players somebody wanted badly enough to trade draft picks for.  Any players...

Maybe they tried that. I think cle would want to wait as long as they could, knowing They  could get more from the teams who miss out on cousins. Or just wait and have teams bid against eachother. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Slow & Steady Wins the Race...  There Is NO one out there in FA worthy of tripping over to get.

How do you propose we spend $100m?  This is one of the most deep FA market in years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

If this happens, it’ll be great to watch the velcro shoe crew handwave away the Bills’ truckload of extra picks as an unfortunate natural occurrence, like a thunderstorm or an earthquake.

“Man where did they get all these picks Goodell is a joke”

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jgb said:

How do you propose we spend $100m?  This is one of the most deep FA market in years. 

unfortunately NO one out there Is Worth the money... just throwing a boatload of it at some players who aren't all that won't help...  not sure of the parameters regarding the obligation of spending such money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jetsons said:

unfortunately NO one out there Is Worth the money... just throwing a boatload of it at some players & aren't all that won't help...  not sure of the parameters regarding the obligation of spending such money.

"Worth" is a funny thing. The market is always moving, and usually up. Unspent money has no value to the team, so in a use-it-or-lose-it "economy," a funny thing happens to perceived value and worth.

Jets don't even have any players ready or needing big extensions that can be front loaded to soak up some of the cash this year. They have a ton of money and nowhere to put it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jgb said:

"Worth" is a funny thing. The market is always moving, and usually up. Unspent money has no value to the team, so in a use-it-or-lose-it "economy," a funny thing happens to perceived value and worth.

I agree the value or worth is both perceived & flucuational but in my humble opinion I just don't see that "IT" player out there... I hope we can find someone who will help us achieve our goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There really is no one else on the market worth paying anyway. Wait until you see the deals the Jets are going to be forced to hand out next week

Oh yes, even the equipment guy will be on 20 for 4 with 10 guaranteed.

Hitting that floor means they are going to burn through money. They are going to competing with the Browns, who will be spending $100 mill also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I agree the value or worth is both perceived & flucuational but in my humble opinion I just don't see that "IT" player out there... I hope we can find someone who will help us achieve our goal.

Yeah there are no slam dunk superstars but Watkins, Allen Robinson, Cousins... these are among the highest skill players to ever hit FA. Guys who are like 1% better get tagged and traded. And again, the money has to go somewhere. Maybe there isn't 1 "IT" player to sign but Jets need/must sign 5-6 "Solid" players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah there are no slam dunk superstars but Watkins, Allen Robinson, Cousins... these are among the highest skill players to ever hit FA. Guys who are like 1% better get tagged and traded. And again, the money has to go somewhere. Maybe there isn't 1 "IT" player to sign but Jets need/must sign 5-6 "Solid" players.

Yeah, but I'm in the "I Don't Want Camp" against Cousins & Watkins... Robinson I wouldn't mind looking into.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jetsons said:

Yeah, but I'm in the "I Don't Want Camp" against Cousins & Watkins... Robinson I wouldn't mind looking into.

I hear ya both come with questions of cost versus benefit. Watkins is gonna be an absolute monster next season. Like pro bowl.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jgb said:

I hear ya both come with questions of cost versus benefit. Watkins is gonna be an absolute monster next season. Like pro bowl.

You might be right but his durability scares me away...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, varjet said:
  • The Bills just made the playoffs and have an aggressive and thoughtful front office.  They are not looking for a step backwards.  I don't think a rookie gets them as good play as Taylor.  They are likely planning to draft and sign a QB, somewhere.  What kind of QB would Daboll be looking for?

Ehhh....their coach and GM have been making statements to the media at the combine that "They're not as close as people think" and that people shouldn't be fooled by the playoff appearance. 

I think they're prepared to draft a QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, jetsons said:

You might be right but his durability scares me away...

Me too but no soft tissue injuries, he's been more durable than given credit for. Missed 11 games in 4 years. Not exactly Chad Pennington-esque. The bigger problem is he seems ineffective when not 100% imho.

Read a really good article on a Titans blog about how Watkins was creating seperation at will last year but Goff was awful at getting him the ball.

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2018/2/26/17052092/sammy-watkins-is-the-best-free-agent-receiver-of-2018

But even with all that he was a red zone monster for the Rams. If he lands in the right spot, and stays healthy as you appropriately point out, he's gonna be a star.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jet9 said:

They're drafting Barkley #1 then. Right? 

If Denver signs Cousins its a 100 % guarantee the Browns will draft Barkley First. Imagine Coleman, Gordon (providing he stays clean) Landry in the slot and Barkley at RB . They have Good TE's forget the names. This team should be in the playoffs or their coach will be fired quickly

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

If Denver signs Cousins its a 100 % guarantee the Browns will draft Barkley First. Imagine Coleman, Gordon (providing he stays clean) Landry in the slot and Barkley at RB . They have Good TE's forget the names. This team should be in the playoffs or their coach will be fired quickly

I hope the Browns do sign Barkley with their 1st pick my only concern is who'll they'll sign with their 4th?... and why if the Broncos sign Cousins does that automatically mean the Browns will draft Barkley with their 1st????  I don't see the connection.... the last line should be applicable to the jets as well.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Browns can take Barkley at #1, trade down from #4 and still likely get the best O-Lineman in the draft, then draft Jackson in the 2nd since they (with Taylor) can now afford to let Jackson sit and learn how to actually play QB for a few years first.  Very impressive offseason for Cleveland so far IMO.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Browns can take Barkley at #1, trade down from #4 and still likely get the best O-Lineman in the draft, then draft Jackson in the 2nd since they (with Taylor) can now afford to let Jackson sit and learn how to actually play QB for a few years first.  Very impressive offseason for Cleveland so far IMO.

Tyrod is a backup in this league, they cannot afford to let anyone sit behind him for a few years. Tyrod can start the season but once a rookie is ready to go he has to go to the bench and they would be foolish to wait until rd 2 in hopes a QB may be there. They have to come out w/ one of the top QBs in this draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Browns can take Barkley at #1, trade down from #4 and still likely get the best O-Lineman in the draft, then draft Jackson in the 2nd since they (with Taylor) can now afford to let Jackson sit and learn how to actually play QB for a few years first.  Very impressive offseason for Cleveland so far IMO.

Browns are in love with Mayfield.  

1. CLE: Barkley

2. NYG: Darnold or Rosen or Barkley or trade down to team who takes Darnold/Rosen

3. IND: Barkley, if there.  If not, Trade down - to team who takes Rosen/Darnold

4. CLE: Mayfield (or Allen)

5. DEN: Allen (or Mayfield)

6. NYJ: standing there holding their d*cks as usual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

“Rosen Darnold and Mayfeld all went off the board before our pick so you can’t blame Macc for not getting them”

“It came down to Minka or Josh Allan and you all would have flipped out if they took Allen. NFLDraftBroz.com had Minka rated as the number 1 prospect in the draft btw so”

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta give the Bills a lot of credit. They built a playoff team and put themseves in a position to trade up for a top pick, no easy feat. They seem to be on the track as an organization and if they get their franchise quarterback they are gonna be a problem for awhile.

Whereas we failed the tank, put ourselves out of draft range and are still devoid of talent with playoffs a glimmer of light far down the abyss...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Maybe all it took for the Browns was to have a GM who actually knew what he was doing...

Imagine using your cap space to add talented young players to your roster while not compromising your draft position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine using your cap space to add talented young players to your roster while not compromising your draft position. 

HERESY!

BLASPHEMY!

LEFTIST-PINKO AGENDA MONGERING!

No wait, that makes sense.....

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, usanyj said:

PFF says that the bills now have the capital to trade all the way up to #1

Meh.  All teams have that.  It's called future years' 1st round picks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dcat said:

Meh.  All teams have that.  It's called future years' 1st round picks. 

Exactly.  Mccagnan can get to #3 if he's willing to play ball.  Assuming cousins doesn' come here, we'll see if he can play with the big boys finally.  If there's good news it's that either we get a new qb this year or a new gm/hc next year.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the Bills have no QB and do not pick until 21st - yes, they have 5 of the top 65 picks in the draft but maybe this raises more questions on the top QB's (unless the Bills trade up)

Maybe teams do not see as much of a gap between the first and second tier of QB's or maybe they do not expect a run on QB's like many expect... MM mock had Rosen falling to Arizona, crazy as it seemed maybe there something to that... 

Overall I think this helps the Jets by allowing Cleveland to take Allen and develop him behind TT - horrible move IMHO but the Browns do need to save the Jets from being the Browns

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...