117 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite QB Prospect?

• Sam Darnold
    • Josh Rosen
    • Josh Allen
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Lamar Jackson

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Sam Darnold doesn't make my d*ck move, but I can see why people view him as a solid but not special prospect. His uncle-Rico-like throwing motion is Philip Rivers-like stupid, but it works for him so it's not like it needs to be torn down and rebuilt ala Tim Tebow.

To be fair, getting a Phillip Rivers would be the best thing to ever happen to this team.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd actually love it if we ended up with either Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield, as I believe all 3 will dominate in the pros. I am intrigued by Allen's Mega Arm, but he has the lowest CMP%, and the lowest rate of dropped passes as well. Jackson is exciting, but he's inconsistent, and wouldn't fit our offense.

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I think it’s just Sanchez PTSD. If Rosen and Mayfield are gone at 6 and he isn’t, obviously we should sprint to the podium. But I feel like there’s a dropoff there.

I would move up to 2 blind even with a guarantee Mayfield is there at 6. Jackson and Rudolph to fill the top five?

30 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I would move up to 2 blind even with a guarantee Mayfield is there at 6. Jackson and Rudolph to fill the top five?

Definite yes on Rudolph. I have no idea what to make of Jackson beyond the fact that handing him to this coaching staff would be a classic mule/spinning wheel situation.

3 hours ago, Pcola said:

I voted for Rosen, but wanted to add that I think a lot of people here are underrating Darnold.  

I would recommend everyone checking out Darnold on ESPN’s Sports Science.  It’s unreal.

Sorry not sure how to put the link up but it’s a pretty easy search.

Check out Dee millner on sports science. He was awesome too. Don't get me wrong, I like Darnold, but relying on a sports science performance is folly.

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Check out Dee millner on sports science. He was awesome too. Don't get me wrong, I like Darnold, but relying on a sports science performance is folly.

Dee Milliner wasn't actually that bad skill wise, he just had horrific durability.

5 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Josh Allen is incapable of anticipating and throwing receivers open, and that's not something you learn to do in the NFL. It's instinctual sh*t like this that coaches THINK they can teach but cannot. I'm looking at you, Kyle Boller/Jake Locker/Tyrod Taylor. In a Bruce Arian's-type system, I can see him being successful; but if they do to Allen what the Jets did to Hackenberg, and force him to play in a WCO, his failure will be spectacular and awful to watch.

That's why it's also important to not go to a bottom dweller program like Wyoming. Not that Allen had many choices coming out of JUCO. But better talent would of equates to better success in his final year.

Success per the 5 will come with what team and system drafts them. It's all close. So gven it's the Jets and just based on what I'd guess my excitement levels to be:

1. Rosen

2. Mayfield (taking a new slight lead over...)

3. Darnold

4. Jackson

5. Allen

taking any of the 5 will work then praying to blind squirrel it based on laws of karma and being due for just basic dumb luck

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

That's why it's also important to not go to a bottom dweller program like Wyoming. Not that Allen had many choices coming out of JUCO. But better talent would of equates to better success in his final year.

Bad Talent didn't weigh on him too much.

Fun Fact: His receivers has the lowest drop rate compared to the receivers of all the other top QB's.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

And the difference is Darnold is durable.  And I guess you missed the part where it showed how quickly Darnold processes information or the part where it illustrated how accurate he is under pressure.

And no one is relying on this clip.  Watch his film.  Is he perfect, no.  But there hasn’t been a QB prospect that has been under as much scrutiny as Rosen and Darnold, probably ever.

I find it laughable that the same group that is bashing or at least down playing what Darnold and Rosen did this year, yet dismisses two years of terrible film that Allen has because he threw the ball 70 yards in shorts against air at the combine.

15 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Bad Talent didn't weigh on him too much.

Fun Fact: His receivers has the lowest drop rate compared to the receivers of all the other top QB's.

How do you figure? Any plays you seen a receiver take a slant and went to the house with it? Something where you can compliment a skill player for their individual effort.

Fun Facts: He also received the highest drops under pressure. I'mma also assuming Josh Rosen would have lite up Iowa had he been under center.

6 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol I might have a few post in this thread . Based on my research I my opinion on them changes every day . You really can’t go wrong with either of the top 4 from a prospect standpoint . 

Josh Allen has grown on me a lot recently that arm is something else .. he wouldn’t any problems playing in bad weather here. 

Rosen is still my QB1 . 

If we don't sign a viable FA QB I'd be happy with any of the top 4.

On 3/10/2018 at 9:34 PM, Pcola said:

And the difference is Darnold is durable.  And I guess you missed the part where it showed how quickly Darnold processes information or the part where it illustrated how accurate he is under pressure.

And no one is relying on this clip.  Watch his film.  Is he perfect, no.  But there hasn’t been a QB prospect that has been under as much scrutiny as Rosen and Darnold, probably ever.

I find it laughable that the same group that is bashing or at least down playing what Darnold and Rosen did this year, yet dismisses two years of terrible film that Allen has because he threw the ball 70 yards in shorts against air at the combine.

Lol. Relax. Breathe. I said I "like" Darnold. I just think the sports science reliance is silly since millner was a sports science king. I'd hate to see your reaction to someone who doesn't like Darnold.

9 hours ago, CTM said:

I can't decide between Rosen / Mayfield as my favorite. I want nothing to do with the other 2.  I understand my disdain for Darnold is irrational but f it.

It's kind of academic in a way because I think Rosen is more gettable than Darnold based on Cleveland picking first and the Giants picking second.

10 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

From a talent stand-point, Josh Rosen is not only the best QB in this draft (by a country mile), but he also has the highest ceiling. He's as smart, smug, and as cocky as Aaron Rodgers, and his arm talent is in the same (rare) league. He needs to be paired with an offensive mind that is greater than his own (think Andy Reid, Sean McVay, Josh McDaniels, Sean Payton, Doug Peterson, etc) to keep him honest, or else he'll fall of the rails, lose interest, and likely stop giving a sh*t. 

Pair him with a coach as stupid as guys like Todd Bowles, Jack Del Rio, Jim Caldwell, Vance Joseph, Jeff Fisher and it's easy to envision his career derailing quickly, but if he fails it will only be because of injuries and/or coaching.

Sam Darnold doesn't make my d*ck move, but I can see why people view him as a solid but not special prospect. His uncle-Rico-like throwing motion is Philip Rivers-like stupid, but it works for him so it's not like it needs to be torn down and rebuilt ala Tim Tebow.

Josh Allen is incapable of anticipating and throwing receivers open, and that's not something you learn to do in the NFL. It's instinctual sh*t like this that coaches THINK they can teach but cannot. I'm looking at you, Kyle Boller/Jake Locker/Tyrod Taylor. In a Bruce Arian's-type system, I can see him being successful; but if they do to Allen what the Jets did to Hackenberg, and force him to play in a WCO, his failure will be spectacular and awful to watch.

Baker Mayfield is a wildcard because I think he needs the right system and circumstances to succeed. I don't think any of the 32 teams can draft him as a plug and play type QB, because he'll only be as good as the system he plays in. He'd be a perfect fit in Sean Payton's offense, and him being an understudy to someone like Drew Brees would be perfect. That system (+ playing in a dome) is ideal for someone like Mayfield.

Baker Mayfield, to TomShane's point, would be good in a place like NY because he has just the right amount of "I don't give a f*ck" to succeed in a city like this. However, pairing him with an ultra-conservative loser like Todd Bowles would be an injustice to not only the player, but also to the city of New York and fans across the country. Mayfield deserves to be paired with a Sean McVay/Sean Payon type-mind because they'll tailor the offense to the player's strengths, and the result will, at the very worst, be entertaining for anyone watching.

Great analysis. You should definitely do this for a living (evaluating prospects), you're as good as anyone out there.

Me posting this highlight film is not to try and sway anyone into becoming a Jackson fan and yes I get it's a highlight film. I just thought it was very entertaining. I am realizing Jackson will not be a Jet but please, please, please keep him out of the AFC East.

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Remember when just about everyone blew their load over Darnold a year ago?  Told all that we needed to tank the season away for him.  He would be our QB for the next 10 years, easy?  

Remember when the Jets won their 4th and 5th meaningless game and a bunch dorky real fans popped wood?

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Remember when the Jets won their 4th and 5th meaningless game and a bunch dorky real fans popped wood?

Remember when tanking a season was considered dumb and not going to happen?

Nothings changed.  

Your comment is pointless, WTF does any of this have to do with everyone wanted us to tank for Darnold?   

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Remember when tanking a season was considered dumb and not going to happen?

Nothings changed.  

Your comment is pointless, WTF does any of this have to do with everyone wanted us to tank for Darnold?   

Darnold's name was a placeholder for whoever would be the top QB in the draft. The idea was to get the #1 or worst case #2 pick which they're now on the outside looking in due to signing and starting McCown which helped award them the two extra lousy, useless wins. The idea of this entire forum is to post pointless comments, which yours is as much as mine.

An earlier pick would have awarded them better odds, not a clear definitive answer.

Archived