Jersey prices are crazy

prime21

Because our beloved franchise is void of players that we would go out and spend money on their jerseys, it makes sense to get a customized one.  They have a customizable "game jersey" for $150 but it comes with the iron on numbers and name.  Plus its actually a $100 jersey and charging you 50 bucks for iron on crap.  Look at the price below for a stitched one.  $349.99 plus tax?????  And if you go to the shop you will see its sold out in every size except 48.  Guess people have money to spend but seriously but for about 100 bucks more you can get season tickets.  

• 2018 New Season Sales $450
    •  

Men's New York Jets Nike Green Vapor Untouchable Custom Elite Jersey

Manufacturer Direct Item

Your Price: $349.99

ff_2900163_full.jpg&w=600

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

There is no current player I would wear the jersey of.

I own 2 Namaths, Brick, Klecko and a Cotch.

I hope some day we have another player worthy of wearing their jersey....  but for me thats 4 years of solid play.

I've have a home, away and color rush Revis jersey which should be great except we hate him now.  I hope to one day wear a Jamal Adams jersey and meet @TomShane for a beer at a game.  

I have a Namath jersey that looks like it would fit Damon Harrison.  Ah, that baggy 90's look.

I can't stand the NY Jets stuff. The nicest thing I have was a Christmas gift, it was the salute to soldiers hooded pull over. Really nice. But for the most part whoever designs Jets gear sucks. I won't wear a jersey as I think they're rip offs & the players leave too soon. I just think about all the fans that wasted money on Sanchez, Revis, Wilkerson, Richardson, Forte, Marshall. 

Revis looked like a good buy when he was the best CB in the league & not when he was winning a Super Bowl with the hated Patriots. I cheer for the laundry so I'll buy Jets gear, Tshirts ect. Most are horrible though. I do like the old Jet retro logo, stuff like that. 

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I hope some day we have another player worthy of wearing their jersey....  but for me thats 4 years of solid play.

Chrebet Namath Maynard Sauer 

They should price brand new NFL jerseys based on the team's record the year before. 

Make a Pats jersey 400 dollars some toolbox from Woburn will buy 4 of them still. 

I'll own up to purchasing a Santana Moss and a D-Rob before shutting the current player jersey buying down mid 00's.

Now I have a Klecko and Gastineau, that's it.  I gave my Chrebet jersey to my brother.

But I'm open to a Vinny from Elmont. or Maybe a Mangold or Brick at the right price

tbh we haven't seen the last of either. Mangold is on Rachel Ray making chicken wings and Brick that guy gotta run for office someday 

Absolutely correct. 

I bought a Robbie Anderson jersey, it came with a free pair of designer Ed Norton "Boomph" handcuffs.

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I feel bad for people whose morals prevent them from buying fake jerseys. 

Don't have any qualms because the markup is absurd and they are made in the same factory in the east. If the idiots who run this country had not farmed out the entire textile industry to the 3rd world, would gladly pay the going rate. Wife has a friend who has worked for a number of different companies who all produce household products mostly in China but also Vietnam. You put in your order for 100k units, knowing that the overseas factory is going to make another 200k units or more to sell without giving you a damn thing. NFL has the cache that they could insist that their apparel be made in the US, and justify the markup. But they do not.  So do not spend $340 for a rag to spill beer and chicken wing sauce on when due to the greed of the NFL you can buy the same exact thing for $45 over the internet. 

PS have Revis and Mangold, both from China.

Just now, Bugg said:

you can buy the same exact thing for $45 over the internet. 

not if you are a NBB Name Brand Bitch 

certain people love to rock labels and the number seems to grow with every generationd

side note I'm a firm believer that a person should wear a jersey that matches their body type. A fat dude wearing a kicker number looks ridiculous. 

30 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'd never wear another man's name on my back.

I have a couple China knockoffs without a name plate in #3.

Imo, unless your at the game, jerseys are for twelve year olds.

I don’t get why people own jerseys either.  I have never had one, and just don’t get it.  

31 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Totally agree.  Seeing grown men wearing jerseys walking around a store or wherever is comical IMO.  Wear a hoodie or t-shirt, that’s fine, but a 250 pound man walking around with a #10 Pennington jersey is a bad look.  

19 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I don’t get why people own jerseys either.  I have never had one, and just don’t get it.  

17 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Totally agree.  Seeing grown men wearing jerseys walking around a store or wherever is comical IMO.  Wear a hoodie or t-shirt, that’s fine, but a 250 pound man walking around with a #10 Pennington jersey is a bad look.  

I would never wear a jersey anywhere but to a game or to our fan club but to say NEVER wear a jersey???  OK, but to go to a game and wear a jersey I think is probably done by the a strong percentage of fans. 

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I would never wear a jersey anywhere but to a game or to our fan club but to say NEVER wear a jersey???  OK, but to go to a game and wear a jersey I think is probably done by the a strong percentage of fans. 

Wearing jerseys at games and sports bars watching games is totally fine.  

White R Lott throwback

Green S Moss

Green J Vilma (which at one point for 6 weeks I put yellow tape over the name and wrote Maybin in sharpie)

Green C Martin

Green L Landry

Green D Revis

Green B Edwards

White Q Enunwa

AND SINCE WE SUCK, IM SO F#CKIN DONE BUYING JERSEYS, but had to get Enunwa.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Funny getting a lecture on how to be a real man that's focused on... fashion?

image.png

31 minutes ago, TnT said:

White R Lott throwback

Green S Moss

Green J Vilma (which at one point for 6 weeks I put yellow tape over the name and wrote Maybin in sharpie)

Green C Martin

Green L Landry

Green D Revis

Green B Edwards

White Q Enunwa

AND SINCE WE SUCK, IM SO F#CKIN DONE BUYING JERSEYS, but had to get Enunwa.

IMO... only the Martin Jersey is a real JETS jersey.   Moss and Vilma are OK....  

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Jersey's I remember having as a kid.

-Hanford Dixon #29 Browns 

-Freeman McNeil #24 Jets

-Mike Quick #82 Eagles loved that one, wore it all the time

-Ronnie Lott #42 49ers

-Lawrence Taylor #56 Giants

I think I had a Bo black Raiders fake one too, But it was awesome 

26 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

IMO... only the Martin Jersey is a real JETS jersey.   Moss and Vilma are OK....  

Well, the damn thousand dollars invested would like to disagree. Smh....it was almost like everyone I bought was shipped out the following year (minus Martin). I am jersey cursed. 

And Lott was just my favorite player growing up...it was a big deal to me when he came.

I had a #53 jersey made up,when they switched uniforms in 98\99, can’t remember anyone relevant wearing that number and the current guy just crashed his hellcat charger in a tunnel drunk.  So for all of you that want an irrelevant number I believe it’s 53

No name plate

Archived