Bit's 2018 Mock 2.0 (RB Barkley at 1, cause why not?)

bitonti

1 - CLE - RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State
2 - NYG - QB Sam Darnold, USC 
3 - IND - ER Bradley Chubb, NC State
4 - CLE - QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma  
5 - DEN - OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
6 - NYJ - QB Josh Allen, Wyoming
*7 - BUF - QB Josh Rosen, UCLA 
8 - CHI - DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama  
9 - SF - WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama
10 - OAK - DT Vita Vea, Washington
11 - MIA - CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State
12 - CIN - DB Derwin James, Florida State  
13 - WAS - LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
14 - GB - ER Harold Landry, Boston College 
15 - ARZ - CB Jaire Alexander, Louisville
16 - BAL - LB Roquan Smith, Georgia  
17 - LAC - OG Will Hernandez, UTEP 
18 - SEA - ER Marcus Davenport, UTSA  
19 - DAL - DT Tim Settle, Virginia Tech 
20 - DET - OG Isaiah Wynn, Georgia
*21 - TB (VIA BUF) - RB Derrius Guice, LSU 
*22 - TB (VIA BUF) - OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame
23 - LAR - OT Kolton Miller, UCLA
24 - CAR - OL Connor Williams, Texas  
25 - TEN - LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State  
26 - ATL - CB Josh Jackson, Iowa  
27 - NO - QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville
28 - PIT - LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama
29 - JAX - WR Courtland Sutton, SMU
30 - MIN - DT Da'Ron Payne, Alabama  
31 - NE - DB Justin Reid, Stanford 
32 - PHI - WR DJ Moore, Maryland

next best 10 

QB Kyle Lauletta, Richmond

CB Isaiah Oliver, Colorado 

DT Taven Bryan, Florida

WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M

TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State

OT Bryan O'Neill, Pitt 

C Billy Price, Ohio State

ER Sam Hubbard, Ohio State

DT Harrison Phillips, Stanford 

a little more explanation on the Jets pick. Not necessarily a dream scenario, but I wouldn't mind Allen. The Jets seem to be all over him. This Baker Mayfield stuff is a Josh Allen smoke screen. 

How could the Browns take a RB at 1? Someone in that building is going to convince themselves it's game theory or whatever. They just made a deal for Jarvis Landry that Miami beaters considered too much for any team to possibly consider.  

as for the Jets, they would pass on Ward, Edmunds and most notably to other mock drafts, Minkah Fitzpatrick in this scenario. 

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

a little more explanation on the Jets pick. Not necessarily a dream scenario, but I wouldn't mind Allen. The Jets seem to be all over him. This Baker Mayfield stuff is a Josh Allen smoke screen. 

How could the Browns take a RB at 1? Someone in that building is going to convince themselves it's game theory or whatever. They just made a deal for Jarvis Landry that Miami beaters considered too much for any team to possibly consider.  

as for the Jets, they would pass on Ward, Edmunds and most notably to other mock drafts, Minkah Fitzpatrick in this scenario. 

Sorry, I just don't see how the Jet could pass on Rosen for Allen OR conversely on a trade that would give Rosen or Allen to another team. How do you figure that the Mayfield noise is a smokescreen for Allen? Maybe you are right, but I don't get it.

I also think the Jets will end up with Cousins. Soooo, I doubt they draft a QB at 6. 

12 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Sorry, I just don't see how the Jet could pass on Rosen for Allen OR conversely on a trade that would give Rosen or Allen to another team. How do you figure that the Mayfield noise is a smokescreen for Allen? Maybe you are right, but I don't get it.

I also think the Jets will end up with Cousins. Soooo, I doubt they draft a QB at 6. 

This is not what I want to happen. It's a prediction. 

I wish I could bet money on the Jets NOT Getting Cousins. And passing on Rosen. 

uh, I guess if you are saying that you think, based on past QBs, that Mac would take Allen over Rosen I could maybe, kinda, sort of, hesitantly agree... but dude WTF .. I don't think Mac is even that dumb. 

I am okay with the rest of it, I think the 9ers pick is real possibility, The seahawks i could see but I think they are going OT if there - Wilson is that team right now and their line is not good

I am sure you did this before the buffalo and cincy trade so maybe you should try it again, and maybe just give Mac the benefit of the doubt that Rosen would be the pick? lol

2 hours ago, Stark said:

uh, I guess if you are saying that you think, based on past QBs, that Mac would take Allen over Rosen I could maybe, kinda, sort of, hesitantly agree... but dude WTF .. I don't think Mac is even that dumb.  

are you aware of a man called Woody Johnson?

There's a real chance Mac might not be allowed to draft Rosen no matter what the scouting reports say. 

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

are you aware of a man called Woody Johnson?

There's a real chance Mac might not be allowed to draft Rosen no matter what the scouting reports say. 

This is true. Woody, Maccagnan, Bowles, and Jets fans would all be pretty high on the list of people unlikely to deal well with having a quarterback who's smarter than they are.

14 hours ago, jetsfansince7 said:

What are you saying?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Woody's pride will not allow him to give Mac the go ahead to draft a real top prospect because their political opinions are polar opposites... lol... which I mean, whats new. Lets just let pride get in the way of potentially solving the QB issue for 10+ years

On 3/12/2018 at 11:24 AM, bitonti said:

I think the Browns do take him at 1.

They draft him at 1, they get a good QB at 4.  They take a QB at 1, there is very little chance they get Barkley at 4.   There isn't 1 QB who stands head and shoulders above the rest.

52 minutes ago, Stark said:

Woody's pride will not allow him to give Mac the go ahead to draft a real top prospect because their political opinions are polar opposites... lol... which I mean, whats new. Lets just let pride get in the way of potentially solving the QB issue for 10+ years

it's not just that their opinions are opposites. It's that Rosen feels the need to share them all the time. Owners/Management see him as a potential loose cannon. In a league where there are 31 losers and 1 winner every year, Winning is this nebulous goal and it doesn't really hurt the bottom line if you don't get there. 

PR is a day to day reality.

Archived