Bills trade for the 12th pick

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If only Woody was smart enough to pull the trigger on Macagnan and Todd Bowles 

Worst regime since Kotite

Kotite was actually much better.  Parcells almost took his roster to the Super Bowl almost 2 years later, the current Jet roster is garbage (same exact place as when Maccagnan/Bowles took over 3 years ago).  Can’t wait to see the overpriced redundant garbage Maccagnan loads up on this year as the rest of the league beats him to the punch.

The saddest thing is when you realize that the NY Knicks, one of the worst franchises in professional sport history are also at the top of Valuation charts....ONLY because it’s a NY franchise.  The Jets are way up there too.  It really is a coup owning a NY team, because it doesn’t matter how bad the team is, doesn’t matter how incompetent the people are who run it, NY teams just never stop appreciating in value.  So the Jets can remain bad forever, just like the Knicks, and if you own the team, do you really care?

The ONLY thing you can do as a fan is just boycott and try to embarrass ownership.  Johnson wouldn’t even pay for D backfield a few years ago, and he’ll never spring for a real head coach or GM.

You notice that the ONLY time Johnson makes a change is when the fans are ready to revolt.  

The Jets have been run like a Mom & Pop shop...basically forever.  Bunch of people who know each other, many of them friends, and they all just cover for each other.  Winning takes a backseat to the paychecks they draw.  How the hell did Terry Bradway stay employed so long?  And when they removed him as GM they STILL kept him employed.

And it continues, same exact culture.  Do you think Belichick would ever retain a Kacy Rogers or the Special Teams coach?  

Thats the difference, and it’s huge.

Can anyone argue with me that Bowles is not the WORST coach in the AFC East?  Because if you agree with that statement then you’d know that the Jets will NEVER see a playoff game as long as he is coach.  That’s by definition.

So why is he still employed as head coach?

Answer:  this is the NY Jets

Trading players to move up (packaged with picks or otherwise) is one thing - it can be very specific to a team need and get results.

Thing is, if it's purely picks being offered, teams like the Colts aren't going to wet themselves at the first offer and jump on it. So if Buffalo, or anyone else, are looking to move to #3 (for example) - the Colts will know who else is interested, like the Jets (for example) and will phone round to see if they can get more for their pick than the first offer that comes along.

So much panic right now about what other teams are up to ... glad the posters here aren't GM's. ;-) 

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

With all due respect, my friend, the Bills have very consciously put themselves in position to make these moves through some very cagey and disciplined planning and forward thinking. The Jets are where they are because they’re a clown car packed with short-sighted meatheads. This is a situation where the Bills are likely going to be rewarded for their foresight. It’s not as simple as “the Bills got lucky.”

Got damn Shane, that is hilarious. Stop me when I'm wrong....The Master Plan of the Vauted Bills:

- Build old roster, trade away young or just lose impact starters like Watkins and Gilmore

- Lose the WC playoff game

- Acquire multiple first and second round picks, all at the bottom of the rounds

- Trade to 12 using a starting OT and one of those firsts after losing another starter on the OL

Profit? 

Real ****in master stroke there....

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

God damn Shane, that is hilarious. Stop me when I'm wrong....The Master Plan of the Vauted Bills:

- Build old roster

- Lose the WC playoff game

- Acquire multiple first and second round picks, all at the bottom of the rounds

- Trade to 12 using a starting OT and one of those firsts after losing another starter on the OL

Profit? 

What no. Hire smart people, draft well, acquire future picks, play the youth, profit. Be real, would you rather be the Jets or the Bills right now?

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What no. Hire smart people, draft well, acquire future picks, play the youth, profit. Be real, would you rather be the Jets or the Bills right now?

They were the third oldest roster in the NFL last year lol.

Which part was I even wrong on? All those things I listed are actual things that happened. They're also still at 12 whereas the Jets are at 6.

31 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Just don't sit at #6 and let all 4 of the top prospects go by and try to sell us on Chubb as a 'value' pick.

you know that's exactly what's going to happen 

by the way this roster is so barren it would be negligence to trade up for any one player 

the team needs to use each and every one of the picks it has 

it's the worst roster in football. 

35 minutes ago, nycdan said:

And our #6, #49 and #72 are worth more (on the chart FWIW) than those picks.  And who wouldn't trade those three picks to get to #3 right now?  The only problem is...IND has a say in the trade too.  I will repeat....we still have slightly more draft pick value than BUF in 2018.  It's going to come down to how teams like the pick positioning and what each team is willing to contribute from 2019 picks.  Frankly, if we get to #3 and BUF gets to #2 by paying a lot more, I'm fine with that.  Just don't sit at #6 and let all 4 of the top prospects go by and try to sell us on Chubb as a 'value' pick.

If they sign cousins they could really restock the roster with those picks.  And if they don't sign him, mccags will sign some other scrub like bridgewater, pretend it's ok and still draft Chubb.  And a cb in the 2nd round.  And some wr.  And ignore a deep rb class.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And then what happened?

They lost a WC game and busted their ass to get the 12th pick in the draft, 6 picks behind the Jets with one other pick in this draft's top 50 vs the Jets' 3 (including a top 10).

Also re: "hired smart people" -

A ringing endorsement! 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I would be willing to charity bet money that none of these AFC East teams get into the top 5 for a QB pick.  

There's no QB that everyone can agree upon is worth the move. 

"Everybody" doesn't have to agree.

Just the GM of the team in question.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

They lost a WC game and busted their ass to get the 12th pick in the draft.

Also re: "hired smart people" -

A ringing endorsement! 

What’s wrong about that post? Marrone is smart. McDermott is smart, seemingly. The Bills just went 9-7 in the first year of a rebuild and now have a sh*t ton of draft capital. You’d rather be the Jets right now? 

Just now, Warfish said:

"Everybody" doesn't have to agree.

Just the GM of the team in question.

the Bills seem to want Rosen but no one in the top 5 seems that keen on him. 

the Jets will pass on him for being labor that shares his opinions.  

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

ancol_whistle.jpg

I didn't realize dog whistles were for risky, injured, or otherwise utterly unprepared QB's.  Interesting.

Or are you trying to say I'm against Bridgewater and Jackson because they're black, and this is the infamous "racism dog whistle" some folks seem to see everywhere these days (usually anytime anyone disagrees with them)? 

If so, don't be coy....just say it mate.  

Always better to have these things out in the open.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

the Bills seem to want Rosen but no one in the top 5 seems that keen on him. 

Or maybe they'd pass on him because he's slight, and an injury risk, and has priorities off the field instead of on?

Who knows, they haven't passed on him just yet.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What’s wrong about that post? Marrone is smart. McDermott is smart, seemingly. The Bills just went 9-7 in the first year of a rebuild and now have a sh*t ton of draft capital. You’d rather be the Jets right now? 

The Jets have more. Also that post is the opposite of a Marrone endorsement. 

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets are one of the league's highest spenders historically (fact check later), consistently a spender in FA, and will probably make Cousins momentarily the highest paid player in league history. 

My point is that they're not passing on Rosen because he's smart enough to be pro labor as an employee. If there's anything resembling a player friendly org, it's the Jets. 

You have to admire the Bills GM getting value out of his trades though and positioning the team for a crack at the top qbs.  A high third for tyroid taylor, a nice swap of 12 and 21 for their sometimes injured left tackle.  Not too bad.

9 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

If the Bills offer 2x 1st Round, 2x 2nd Round and 2x 3rd Round to move up how do the Jets have more draft capital? 

Quality of draft picks >>>>>> Quantity

Players do not get better deeper into the draft. The Bills' earliest pick is well behind the Jets as are their picks in the second.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That post is saying if Marrone stayed with the Bills, Rex would be on the street. Update: Rex is on the street. 

Ah, oops

Their draft capital still lags behind the Jets and their plan to lose a wild card game, grab a couple back of the round firsts and seconds to move to 12 to maybe move up higher is still wack as a muh.

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Also this...Their roster isn't exactly built to take skipping a whole draft for one player, let alone one without a slam dunk resume.

I, for one, don't care how it impacts the Bills moving forward or what type of team the QB will have once he arrives. I care that BUF could steal the QB we want before we do. The chart goes out the window when you are dealing with multiple teams trying to trade up for a Franchise QB so if Buf offers all their draft picks in the first 3 rounds that comes out to 3,081 while the Jets first 3 rounds equals 2,770. In fact, even if they only throw in the 1 3rd rounder instead of two, they still beat us. 

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Ah, oops

Their draft capital still lags behind the Jets and their plan to lose a wild card game, grab a couple back of the round firsts and seconds to move to 12 to maybe move up higher is still wack as a muh.

They’re doing exactly the opposite of the Maccagnan Jets. They had an unexpectedly good season in the first year of a rebuild but have resisted the urge to delude themselves into thinking they’re a contender. They’re not out here chasing 40 year old QBs. They’re stacking high draft picks on top of each other. Why not just acknowledge it’s a smart play? 

18 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

The Jets are one of the league's highest spenders historically (fact check later), consistently a spender in FA, and will probably make Cousins momentarily the highest paid player in league history.  

none of those things are true. But you earned a chuckle. 

here's a fact they have 90 million dollars in cap space and can't keep any of their own FA.

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

has priorities off the field instead of on?

We are saying the same things you are just refusing to agree with the why behind it. We both know they would pass on Rosen, given the shot. 

Most teams (it's not just the Jets) are ok with players sharing opinions as long as those opinions are of the Tim Tebow variety not the Josh Rosen variety. And certainly not the Colin Kaepernick variety. 

27 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

If the Bills offer 2x 1st Round, 2x 2nd Round and 2x 3rd Round to move up how do the Jets have more draft capital? 

Dig into next year, our next years #1 would be a lock to be top 10-15

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re doing exactly the opposite of the Maccagnan Jets. 

I would agree. It's gotten them worst draft picks, less cap space, and an older plus more expensive roster. Color me wholly unimpressed. I keep going back to the Cubs fans who momentarily thought the Brewers were a thing last summer. 

Re: Stacking high picks on top of each other:

Jets top 10 picks: 1

Bills: 0

Jets top 50 picks: 3

Bills: 1

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I would agree. It's gotten them worst draft picks, less cap space, and an older plus more expensive roster. Color me wholly unimpressed, I keep going back to the Cubs fans who momentarily thought the Brewers were a thing last summer. 

Re: Stacking high picks on top of each other:

Jets top 10 picks: 1

Bills: 0

Jets top 50 picks: 3

Bills: 1

You’re just gonna live and die with the 6>12 thing, I see. 

Archived