Bills trade for the 12th pick

LAD_Brooklyn

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

...and when I said I'd enjoy watching the unabashed ballwashing when the Jets stay put at 6...even I didn't think it would start this early.

Nothing I said is praising the Jets for staying at 6(which also isn't even a certainty at this time) It's about what Buffalo is doing.  Enjoy whatever you want.  But at least learn to comprehend what you read.  Dipsh*t.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I have no doubt the Bills and Phins are working their asses off to get into the top 4-5 picks in order to draft a QB.

I have no idea what Macc is thinking right now tbqh.  No idea.

I could easily see the Jets walking out at the end of the draft with a QB roster of Bridgewater (FA, 15 mil a year), Jackson (Draft Pick) and Hackenberg.

Mac is once again thinking he will "let the draft come to him" and pick "BAP" so brace yourselves for Minkah

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Nothing I said is praising the Jets for staying at 6(which also isn't even a certainty at this time) It's about what Buffalo is doing.  Enjoy whatever you want.  But at least learn to comprehend what you read.  Dipsh*t.

When you're willing to accept whatever just to be able to "get behind" someone then you're going to be willing to accept crap. At least, there's a good amount of hope that Mac can deliver crap.

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

When you're willing to accept whatever just to be able to "get behind" someone then you're going to be willing to accept crap. At least, there's a good amount of hope that Mac can deliver crap.

You got it, disphit.  Have fun with your hand wringing over what Buffalo does.  Seems cool.

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I hope they trade to go get a QB.

Their roster(a 9-7 roster) is old as hell, and could barely do anything when they had a QB that was perfectly capable of winning some games, albeit not a long term answer.

Now they are going to insert a young QB into that aging roster, while depleting the roster and its future to do so.  It may impact the Jets QB situation, it may not.

I see this going badly for Buffalo in the long run, especially if the guy they trade for flops, which is entirely possible with this class.

I, too, believe that the Bills trading up for one of the top QBs in the draft will help [checks notes] the Jets

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I have no doubt the Bills and Phins are working their asses off to get into the top 4-5 picks in order to draft a QB.

I have no idea what Macc is thinking right now tbqh.  No idea. 

I would be willing to charity bet money that none of these AFC East teams get into the top 5 for a QB pick.  

There's no QB that everyone can agree upon is worth the move. 

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Sorry, I'm not as cool as people who can only respond by calling people dipsh*ts.

Here's a response.  If you are gonna accuse me of "ballwashing" because I'm not suicidal over something I have zero control(PS, the Jets can't control what the Bills do either), then be prepared to get backlash from me.     It's not even the fact that what I said has nothing to do with "ball washing" that is irritating.

Its the fact that you are so caught up in some apparent anti-Jets thought process that you are killing the Jets for something they have no control over. So you accuse people who don't have the same ridiculous vitriol you do as "ballwashers" 

What could the Jets have done to prevent the Bills from doing what they have done?

Please let me know.

52 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Keenum is a JAG and Bradford is finished they are drafting a qb 

I know he got tot he Cahmpionship Game, BUt i think Keenan actually sucks.  It was all luck.  At least three times int he Saints game he threw it up for grabs

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I, too, believe that the Bills trading up for one of the top QBs in the draft will help [checks notes] the Jets

The Jets can't control what the Bills do.  The Jets are still 100% able to control their ability to trade up as much as they were 3 hours ago.  It might cost more now, but that's not anything the Jets could have prevented.  

36 minutes ago, derp said:

Looks like their ones, second two, first three, and a 6th would get them up to #2. Almost wonder if they want to get something accomplished pre-draft.

their ones and a three get them to #3 

that's probably high enough for Rosen. 

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The Jets can't control what the Bills do.  The Jets are still 100% able to control their ability to trade up as much as they were 3 hours ago.  It might cost more now, but that's not anything the Jets could have prevented.  

With all due respect, my friend, the Bills have very consciously put themselves in position to make these moves through some very cagey and disciplined planning and forward thinking. The Jets are where they are because they’re a clown car packed with short-sighted meatheads. This is a situation where the Bills are likely going to be rewarded for their foresight. It’s not as simple as “the Bills got lucky.”

Just now, T0mShane said:

1. The one that turns out the best.

2. The one that comes out second best. 

3. Etc

yup.

don't commit to an answer so you can complain whatever the outcome is.  pretty gross stuff.

Well I feel that FA, and the Draft, this is year is more pivotal to the Franchise then many, even perhaps in decades.

If we fail to get a QB from the draft (K Cousins is a Viking). Then sit and try and pull "Minkah Fitzpatrick is BAP".

All the while the Bills and perhaps the Phins Draft in front of us. Then these two clowns should NOT be allowed to be hired after draft day!

Just now, T0mShane said:

With all due respect, my friend, the Bills gave very consciously put themselves in position to make these moves through some very cagey and disciplined planning and forward thinking. The Jets are where they are because they’re a clown car packed with short-sighted meatheads. This is a situation where the Bills are likely going to be rewarded for their foresight. It’s not as simple as “the Bills got lucky.”

Respectfully, I didn't say it was that the Bills got lucky.  They clearly have a plan in place and are implementing it.  

Whether I think doing all this to get a Young QB with a very old, mediocre roster is the smart move, sure that's debatable.  Maybe it will turn out to be brilliant on their part.

That doesn't change the fact that the Jets have zero control over what the Bills do.  None.  Nor does it change the fact that simply because the Jets haven't done anything as of March 12th, doesn't mean they won't by April 26th.  

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Respectfully, I didn't say it was that the Bills got lucky.  They clearly have a plan in place and are implementing it.  

Whether I think doing all this to get a Young QB with a very old, mediocre roster is the smart move, sure that's debatable.  Maybe it will turn out to be brilliant on their part.

That doesn't change the fact that the Jets have zero control over what the Bills do.  None.  Nor does it change the fact that simply because the Jets haven't done anything as of March 12th, doesn't mean they won't by April 26th.  

Fair. It’s interesting to compare the Bills approach to rebuilding with that of the Jets approach. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve answered this question several times on here I can’t believe you don’t follow my content 

hmmph.  ok then I stand corrected. 

darnold

rosen

mayfield

jackson

allen?

1 minute ago, Pac said:

hmmph.  ok then I stand corrected. 

darnold

rosen

mayfield

jackson

allen?

Rosen 

Darnold

Mayfield

Jackson/Allen 

But I’d put Mayfield on the Jets because this is a whorehouse and Rosen and Darnold are proper ladies.

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

their ones and a three get them to #3 

that's probably high enough for Rosen. 

And our #6, #49 and #72 are worth more (on the chart FWIW) than those picks.  And who wouldn't trade those three picks to get to #3 right now?  The only problem is...IND has a say in the trade too.  I will repeat....we still have slightly more draft pick value than BUF in 2018.  It's going to come down to how teams like the pick positioning and what each team is willing to contribute from 2019 picks.  Frankly, if we get to #3 and BUF gets to #2 by paying a lot more, I'm fine with that.  Just don't sit at #6 and let all 4 of the top prospects go by and try to sell us on Chubb as a 'value' pick.

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

True but the problem is that nobody here thinks mccagnan will do anything about this on April 26th either.  If barkley, Chubb and the 4 qbs are the first 6 players off the board the jets could well be looking at Chubb at 6 b/c other teams have gms who are willing to bet on themselves.  You'd think by year 4 he'd get it.

27 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Here's a response.  If you are gonna accuse me of "ballwashing" because I'm not suicidal over something I have zero control(PS, the Jets can't control what the Bills do either), then be prepared to get backlash from me.     It's not even the fact that what I said has nothing to do with "ball washing" that is irritating.

Its the fact that you are so caught up in some apparent anti-Jets thought process that you are killing the Jets for something they have no control over. So you accuse people who don't have the same ridiculous vitriol you do as "ballwashers" 

What could the Jets have done to prevent the Bills from doing what they have done?

Please let me know.

You're right. Trades just happen like an act of nature. Out of the thin blue air. Jets have no control over it. They'll be at 6th no matter what.

Archived