So when do we sign Ted Bridgewater?

Philc1

And get sold on him by this regime as a franchise qb?  

The knicks get the absolute S beaten out of them by the media for getting under the cap but not signing Lebron James or any big free agents yet the CBA actually prevents them from offering more money than the teams those players are already with.  The Jets can offer more money to Cousins than anyone else yet Macc is sitting on his hands

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

The knicks get the absolute S beaten out of them by the media for getting under the cap but not signing Lebron James or any big free agents yet the CBA actually prevents them from offering more money than the teams those players are already with.  The Jets can offer more money to Cousins than anyone else yet Macc is sitting on his hands

...and Scientology tv launches tonight?!

Coincidence....I think not!

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

As much as I hate Mac, did you consider the fact no team can technically “offer more money” yet? Like, it’s not even FA yet. You know that, right?

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

image.png

Teddy would be fine if you still take a QB in the 1st - on a fair deal.

If he does well, great - let the rookie sit for a year and trade Teddy for a 2nd rounder.  If he stinks, move to the rookie quickly, if he gets hurt move to the rookie.

I'm not sure I understand the vitriol about signing Bridgewater.

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Teddy would be fine if you still take a QB in the 1st - on a fair deal.

If he does well, great - let the rookie sit for a year and trade Teddy for a 2nd rounder.  If he stinks, move to the rookie quickly, if he gets hurt move to the rookie.

I'm not sure I understand the vitriol about signing Bridgewater.

You made the correct point, and answered your own question with the same sentence at the top.

The vitriol regarding Bridge is because many fear this sh*t franchise will try to sell him as the franchise QB, and NOT draft one in the first round also. 

If the Jets draft one more QB in the second round, I will change loyalty after 40 years.  No joke.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

You made the correct point, and answered your own question with the same sentence at the top.

The vitriol regarding Bridge is because many fear this sh*t franchise will try to sell him as the franchise QB, and NOT draft one in the first round also.

Nah - I guess I couldn't imagine that being the case - I think they know they need to come out of this one of 5 QB's - there is no other scenaio I can imagine.  

Whoever else - other that those 5 I really don't care - if it's a draft pick I think there's a lot of upside with Teddy - little downside.

I don't know if it's vitriol (OK, maybe it's vitriol but do JETS fans disagree in any other way?), but I personally am wary of QB's with a history of injuries.  Some come back and are fine, Brees, Peyton, others become gradually more accident prone (I feel like Big Ben has more dents and dings than the car I drove in high school) and look at all the question marks still surrounding Luck.  I just don't see how Bridgewater is any different, especially since he doesn't have the pedigree (yet?) of any of those other guys.  That's probably where the vehement disagreement (vitriol) comes from.  And it's for this reason that I also believe that Cousins is so (inflated?) coveted.  A healthy, veteran QB who might still play (well?) into his mid-late thirties is (as we see) highly desirable.

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah - I guess I couldn't imagine that being the case - I think they know they need to come out of this one of 5 QB's - there is no other scenaio I can imagine.  

Whoever else - other that those 5 I really don't care - if it's a draft pick I think there's a lot of upside with Teddy - little downside.

You should be able to imagine the Jets capable of any scenario.

The Jets can f*ck anything up, any which way, no matter how obvious the choice should be.

13 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Yes is very SOJ signing Teddy Bridgewater, he will look good to, give hope. Until of course that leg of his gives way, then its all over.

Mean while the Bills and Phins have two shiny new Franchise QB's for the next decade.

Yes but can Bridgewater be a good mentor to Hackenberg?

13 hours ago, afjetsfan said:

Go after Teddy who hasn't played in 2 years and wasn't exactly lighting it up when he was healthy?  Why?  I don't get it.  

Mannish the soldier for Mike Macagnan was on Joe and Evan a couple months ago giddy about what a great signing Mr Bridgewater would be

10 hours ago, YetiHigh5! said:

I don't know if it's vitriol (OK, maybe it's vitriol but do JETS fans disagree in any other way?), but I personally am wary of QB's with a history of injuries.  Some come back and are fine, Brees, Peyton, others become gradually more accident prone (I feel like Big Ben has more dents and dings than the car I drove in high school) and look at all the question marks still surrounding Luck.  I just don't see how Bridgewater is any different, especially since he doesn't have the pedigree (yet?) of any of those other guys.  That's probably where the vehement disagreement (vitriol) comes from.  And it's for this reason that I also believe that Cousins is so (inflated?) coveted.  A healthy, veteran QB who might still play (well?) into his mid-late thirties is (as we see) highly desirable.

Yes but Brees and Peyton were both great players before getting injured.  Favre was never really injured and people even hated that move

12 hours ago, Jet9 said:

I prefer Teddy, Theodore, or even TJ as he's a junior. Ted Bridgewater sounds like a middle America news anchor, or a car dealership.

"Come in to Bridgewater auto and check out the all new line of 2018 Hyundais!"

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

bridgewater did well enough during his two seasons playing.  the main issues are his knee and attitude.  lots of players just don't have the same fire post injury. obviously he'd have to paired with a drafted qb too.

Well enough?  He was an ok at best game manager BEFORE almost losing his leg

Archived