So when do we sign Ted Bridgewater?

Philc1

16 hours ago, j4jets said:

As much as I hate Mac, did you consider the fact no team can technically “offer more money” yet? Like, it’s not even FA yet. You know that, right?

Or that for all anyone knows he has already reached out, made an offer and we'll find out if it was accepted or not when FA actually begins?  Last I looked no one has given Cousins permission to shop himself around.  Admitting to negotiations is tampering with a Skins player

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

LEt it be Bridgewater and Allen. I don't care. Macc will be let go and the franchise will go on. That's going to happen regardless of what happens

Allen isn’t falling to us Shorty Mayfield is

1 minute ago, johnnyjet said:

Bridgewater hasn’t played in 2 years, this signing will ensure Bowles getting canned. I don’t like bridgewater and I think I’d rather have MCCOWN and Mayfield / Rosen etc.  

Bowles can't develop a polaroid, much less a QB.

6 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Bridgewater hasn’t played in 2 years, this signing will ensure Bowles getting canned. I don’t like bridgewater and I think I’d rather have MCCOWN and Mayfield / Rosen etc.  

I like Bridgewater but there is no way you can sign Bridgewater and not still draft a QB IMO. They'd have to still be looking QB in the first if he's the guy they decide to sign.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

I like Bridgewater but there is no way you can sign Bridgewater and not still draft a QB IMO. They'd have to still be looking QB in the first if he's the guy they decide to sign.

I'd say the decision is being made for them tbh bro

He’ll be 26 this season and is younger than Petty. He was an ascending talent before the injury. I’ll sign him to a solid deal, bring back McCown let them compete for the starting job, while Hackenberg and Petty compete for a roster spot. 

Teddy Bridgewater had one decent season.  And one meh season.  Then two lost seasons due to horrific injury.

Any claim that he is good, or can fill the job, or is anything other than a giant ? is pure projection.  It's just not based on any form of facts (yet).  He's never thrown more than 14 TD's in a season, he's basically a 1-1 TD to INT guy, and his "rising" status had alot more to do with having an in-his-prime Adrian Peterson (2015) than anything he, himself, did. 

It's fine if folks want to take a flier on the kid, but man, it's as risky and likely to fail as any QB move I've seen us make in recent years.  

If we go this route, we still must draft a QB (which IMO makes going this route pointless) at #6.

Worse, I truly hope the plan is not a Bridgewater/Jackson combo.  Far too little immediate impact there, far too much to have to "hope" goes right.  Bridge may never be what he could have pre-injury, and Jackson may never be a legit NFL QB.

Got to say tho, that exact combo feels like what Macc/The Jets will wind up with.  

Mac can still salvage this offseason by:

- Signing Bridgewater

- Signing Jansen

- Drafting a QB in round 1 by any means necessary

- Re-Signing Claiborne and signing another CB. 

I’m notna big fan of overpaying for a lot of free agents. The only guy I wish we got was Allen Robinson. If we miss out of Jansen though after not getting Richburg then its a problem.

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Teddy Bridgewater had one decent season.  And one meh season.  Then two lost seasons due to horrific injury.

Any claim that he is good, or can fill the job, or is anything other than a giant ? is pure projection.  It's just not based on any form of facts (yet).  He's never thrown more than 14 TD's in a season, he's basically a 1-1 TD to INT guy, and his "rising" status had alot more to do with having an in-his-prime Adrian Peterson (2015) than anything he, himself, did. 

It's fine if folks want to take a flier on the kid, but man, it's as risky and likely to fail as any QB move I've seen us make in recent years.  

If we go this route, we still must draft a QB (which IMO makes going this route pointless) at #6.

Worse, I truly hope the plan is not a Bridgewater/Jackson combo.  Far too little immediate impact there, far too much to have to "hope" goes right.  Bridge may never be what he could have pre-injury, and Jackson may never be a legit NFL QB.

Got to say tho, that exact combo feels like what Macc/The Jets will wind up with.  

Honestly he's a Sanchez clone

55 minutes ago, August said:

He’ll be 26 this season and is younger than Petty. He was an ascending talent before the injury. I’ll sign him to a solid deal, bring back McCown let them compete for the starting job, while Hackenberg and Petty compete for a roster spot. 

Nauseating 

Archived