Report: Jets to Target Bridgewater if Cousins Likes Vikes

JetNation

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

His only good year (2015) of his two years starting to-date was playing behind an in-prime Adrian Peterson (with almost 1,500 yards rushing, 200+ yards receiving) on a run dominated team.

He's never thrown more than 14 TD's.  He's never had less than 15 Turnovers (INT+Fumbles).  He's basically a 1-1 TD/INT guy. 

He blew apart nearly everything a knee could blow apart.  Without being touched.

Hasn't played a meaningful down in two full years.

The only meaningless down he played last year he threw an INT.

Is this really the best we can do?  

Starts the conversation, "his only good year"

followed by, "of his only two". So it's clear we all understand he had two years being a rookie and second year on a sh*t team....yet proceeds to sh*t on the kid before he was even able to develop, even though he was obviously developing nicely during the short term.

questioning the recovery of the knee is valid. This other sh*t you guys are pulling to discredit him is for the birds. 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

followed by, "of his only two". So it's clear we all understand he had two years being a rookie and second year on a sh*t team....yet proceeds to sh*t on the kid before he was even able to develop, even though he was obviously developing nicely during the short term.

questioning the recovery of the knee is valid. This other sh*t you guys are pulling to discredit him is for the birds. 

he was clearly an ascending player.  He wasn't bad as a rookie and took a big step year 2.  Minnesota had really high hopes for him year 3.  IF he 's healthy he can play but I think it's a good gamble either way as he won't be expensive and we still take a QB in rd 1 so we have 2 chances.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't disagree, either of those guys should come relatively cheap and we'd still take a QB high so that gives us 2 chances to solve the long term QB issue but I'd have no problem w/ McCown.  He is LOVED by his teammates and he can be a great mentor for a young QB.

I understand the positives, but you hit the key. Bridgewater or McCarron are still young and combined with the 1st round QB gives us two chances at finding a long term solution at QB. IMO, that far outweighs any benefits from bringing McCown back.

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he was clearly an ascending player.  He wasn't bad as a rookie and took a big step year 2.  Minnesota had really high hopes for him year 3.  IF he 's healthy he can play but I think it's a good gamble either way as he won't be expensive and we still take a QB in rd 1 so we have 2 chances.

We actually agree.

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Yes, it might guarantee us the first overall next year. Not the worst thing to happen to us. 

I won't lie, I'm really really really tired of "planning to lose, because something something maybe win one day".:(

33 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Facts = "sh*tting on the Kid".

I'm sorry you don't like facts, but that will never, ever, change them.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He cant play anymore.  Wasnt even on the vikes active roster at the end of the season.

This guy was a Jag pre injury and now cant play.

and we will sign him.  Ugh!

the reason he was not on the active roster was they were trying to stop him from being a free agent they wanted one more yr of control that was determined by an arbitrator that he would be a ufa. Short contract 3 yrs less money draft a qb ,sign a few more olineman or a receiver and go from there

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917691/article/teddy-bridgewater-expected-to-become-free-agent

35 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I understand the positives, but you hit the key. Bridgewater or McCarron are still young and combined with the 1st round QB gives us two chances at finding a long term solution at QB. IMO, that far outweighs any benefits from bringing McCown back.

I don't like the price/ceiling combo of Mccarron and that he'll want to start.

id much rather Bridgewater who should be cheaper, higher ceiling if healthy imo, and is a great kid.

McCown in the tutor role doesn't bother me at all or half as much as McCown the starter from last year.

....I like Bridgewater best as he provides a little more insurance for cheaper and if he was resignated to back up I think he'd handle it better than McCarron, just a guess tho. 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I don't like the price/ceiling combo of Mccarron and that he'll want to start.

id much rather Bridgewater who should be cheaper, higher ceiling if healthy imo, and is a great kid.

McCown in the tutor role doesn't bother me at all or half as much as McCown the starter from last year.

....I like Bridgewater best as he provides a little more insurance for cheaper and if he was resignated to back up I think he'd handle it better than McCarron, just a guess tho. 

I prefer Bridgewater also.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

"The 2018 Jets. Not as big a mess as our QB's internal knee structures."

You win “Post of the Day”.

I’m convinced now Maccagnan is a Belichick plant.  This is sabotage.  No one could be this bad of a GM.  To bring this rag arm in and subject Jet fans to watching more waste of time at the QB position is basically sadistic.  You know Bowles won’t play the 2nd Rd QB Maccagnan drafts this year.  I’m calling it right now.  They sign rag arm Bridgewater, and they draft another NON difference maker at 6.  In the 2nd Rd Maccagnan drafts another rag arm..,Mason Rudolf hahaha.

The very second this dolt Maccagnan signs this guy I cancel my DirecTv.

The only good thing is that this is Maccagnan/Bowles last year.  Isn’t it obvious?  NO ONE wants to come to the Jets.  It’s career suicide.  Couldn’t Jet ownership have had the foresight to KNOW this would happen in advance?  And fired them both.  I did.

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Signing Ted Bridgewater will be another setback. 

Signing Ted Bridgewater for more than one year, might as well fold the franchise.

Signing a bridge QB while a drafted QB develops.  So Jetsy, who else would do something that stupid

43 minutes ago, AmmoArnie said:

Teddy is nothing to get excited over. I do not like this at all.

So now that Cousins is gone, maybe you could fill us in on which rock out there is hiding the free agent QB that is exciting?

Bridgewater has as much upside as any other JAG QB out there, and he's young. It's an OK move under the condition that they draft Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield.

53 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Bridgewater + a 1st round QB = 2 chances to address the QB position long term.  I can live with this.

That’s the only way this thing works.  Still need to get into the top 3 and draft a QB.  That would be a job well done by Mac IMO.  

1 hour ago, KINGDIRK said:

Bridgewater - just good enough to lead us to another 6th overall pick next year. FML....

Exactly. No realistic expectation that he can develop into the franchise. A young Fitzpatrick/McCown/Pennington. Just ok enough to win a handful, not bad enough to position us to draft a real franchise guy.

Round and round we go.

52 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Exactly. No realistic expectation that he can develop into the franchise. A young Fitzpatrick/McCown/Pennington. Just ok enough to win a handful, not bad enough to position us to draft a real franchise guy.

Round and round we go.

Having said that, If we follow this up at the draft with a QB- then I am more than happy about this. 

Archived