I miss Rex and Tanny

jgb

Tanny would be fine with the right HC. The problem was he and Rex were a terrible, destructive combo who brought out the absolute worst in each other. Nobody was saying how bad Tanny was when Mangini was here, because he had a role that he could manage. He is nott, and will never be a personnel guy. He needs a HC who is. Rex is basically the devil.

Rex+Tanny > Bowles+Macc?

Is there evidence this ISN'T accurate?

Was not a Rex fan, at all, all that hot air was tiresome......but man, Bowles in a accountability-free softie who doesn't say anything worth listening to.  Hard to see Macc's picks are any better than Tanny's picks tbqh too.

If you ask me, yeah, Rex/Tanny > Macc/Bowles so far.

2 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

FAs? We were in cap hell every season flipping vets base salaries into signing bonuses. But yeah the old guys on their last limp for sure came here on the cheap.

Tanny was ultimately wrong about going all in when he did but hell at least he converted his money to chips. He took his shot and came up short twice. But he took a shot which is a long ways better than the conservative pussywillows we got in charge now.

10 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I'd bring him back here as GM in a heartbeat.

Damn shame really. Why? Because its not even a compliment for Tanny but simply a further indictment on Macc. 

This is why I wouldn't bring him back. Just because what you have is sh*tty doesn't mean that replacing him with your old sh*t is a good idea. 

Get someone new and competent. 

8 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

thus far they are ahead of Mac & Bowles in the success department

I miss Rex bragging every year about being the #1 defense by some arcane statistic no one ever used before. "Holding opposing scat backs to the lowest yards per carry in the league in wind less than 6 mph while the moon in the Seventh House."

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Rex+Tanny > Bowles+Macc?

Was not a Rex fan, at all, all that hot air was tiresome......but man, Bowles in a accountability-free softie who doesn't say anything worth listening to.  Hard to see Macc's picks are any better than Tanny's picks tbqh too.

I have to agree. I was so done with Rex and was pissed at Tanny giving Sanchez that contract. But these two pussy clowns are worse. 

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

That is true. I've always been a MacC supporter but I must admit I am most disappointed thus far. 

I know Jet standards are much lower than say the Packers or Giants but you'd think that eventually any GM has to score in FA or outside the first round of the draft to keep his job

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Rex+Tanny > Bowles+Macc?

This isn't even a question. I know it's early, but what really makes me laugh is those here who fight me thinking Bowles and Mac will change and suddenly become a force to turn this POS team around LOL, when in reality we will be 5-11 or worse this coming season. But I guess that's a good thing because the morons at Florham Park love to reward losing.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

I know Jet standards are much lower than say the Packers or Giants but you'd think that eventually any GM has to score in FA or outside the first round of the draft to keep his job

You WOULD think so but apparently NOT. :(

The biggest mistake we made was firing Tannenbaum, it led to the Idzik disaster which set this franchise back at least 5 years. The guy put together multiple SB contenders then had 1 losing season in 5 years and we got rid of him b/c the fans needed a scapegoat.  That's why we can never get over the hump.

Archived