Tales of A Bad Regime: Jets might not be able to reach 2018 salary floor

Philc1

The 2018 NFL team payroll floor is $157.7 million.  How do I know that?  Under the current CBA teams are required to spend at least 89% of salary cap(which itself is based off of league revenue).  The 2018 cap is $177.2 million

Jets are currently at $103 million.  Another $5 million to sign draft picks.  Literally every FA worth anything is rejecting Macagnan and Todd Bowles.  

So that leaves $50 million with no actual good players to spend it on.   So maybe ASJ does end up getting that $12 million per year he’s looking for?

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Maybe we can take on a contact for draft picks like the Browns. lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It is amazing how John Dorsey, the guy I had been screaming for for months to replace Macagnan is already having a way better offseason getting Landry already while we sit with our thumbs in our asses

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The 2018 NFL team payroll floor is $157.7 million.  How do I know that?  Under the current CBA teams are required to spend at least 89% of salary cap(which itself is based off of league revenue).  The 2018 cap is $177.2 million

Jets are currently at $103 million.  Another $5 million to sign draft picks.  Literally every FA worth anything is rejecting Macagnan and Todd Bowles.  

So that leaves $50 million with no actual good players to spend it on.   So maybe ASJ does end up getting that $12 million per year he’s looking for?

Who are all these FA, you know, literally every one worth anything has been offered a deal and turned us down?

Name them all

Best time of the year for all the whiners.  

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Literally this whole post is incorrect.  There is no salary cap floor for 2018.  I don't mean to interrupt a good rant, but other than the general tone of this regime sucks - it is a fallacy.

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It’s over a 4year period they have to be at 89%. Without checking the actual salary cap figures of the past 4 years, I’d say it’s about $600 mil total. 89% of that is $534mil. Meaning a team can have 66mil in cap space by the end of year 4 and still be ok. Jets sit at 90mil space. I don’t see the problem.  We are 20-25 mil away from reaching the minimum. 

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

It is amazing how John Dorsey, the guy I had been screaming for for months to replace Macagnan is already having a way better offseason getting Landry already while we sit with our thumbs in our asses

Way better.  He signed a slot WR.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who are all these FA, you know, literally every one worth anything has been offered a deal and turned us down?

Name them all

Best time of the year for all the whiners.  

Cousins, Bell, Richburg for starters but who cares right?  The Johnsons certainly do not

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Cousins, Bell, Richburg for starters but who cares right?  The Johnsons certainly do not

We made offers to which of these 3?  Hey who cares, you read in a blog that the Jets may be interested or were interested in one of these FAs so therefore they turned us down.  That you dont have a friggen clue if they actually were interested and for the fact that we made no offers, WTF who cares when you're whining and crying?  You know, making the names fit the argument, not the facts.  

And for bonus points, blame the Johnsons.  To really drive home the pointless argument.

One FA may have picked another team that we know we were really interested in and some are losing their minds trying to find someone to blame

22 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So why do you have that idiot's face pasted under your name?

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Know your facts before posting.

Archived