Report: Jets Finalizing Deal With Teddy Bridgewater

JetNation

USATSI_10458421_158813650_lowres.jpg

Bryant McFadden of CBS Sports is reporting that the Jets and free agent quarterback Teddy Bridgewater are finalizing a deal to bring the quarterback to New York.

Bridgewater was said to be the Jets fallback option if Kirk Cousins opted for the Wasington Redskins and it appears he’ll be joining the Jets in the near future.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
AkNAbibfrKs

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dinamite said:

Pairing him with a QB in the draft is not a bad plan.   If he becomes serviceable, it is a good problem to have and we can cash in future trade or comp pick if he leaves as FA.  However, jets still must draft a QB.

Spoiler alert:

The plan is to pair Bridgewater with Mccown.

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I hope this is true. I like this signing as a fallback option after not getting Cousins. Sign him and draft a QB in the 1st.

I have very little faith in this team, and no interest in defending the buffoons, but this is my mindset as well.  The Jets were in absolute need of at least one veteran option in camp, and he likely comes with the best combination of low cost with some potential upside.  The key of course is for it to have absolutely no impact on their pursuit of a QB in the first round.  If it does then it is a completely different situation, and outright idiocy, but I have little interest in assuming as much at this point, so I'm fine with this deal.  When considering the cost or incompetence of many of FAs other QB options, I liked him as a guy to look at if (when) the Cousins deal didn't happen.

Is what it is I guess, Jets get the sloppy broke kneed seconds as usual.

Be fun hearing the organization try and sell this pile of steaming PR to us after the deal is done.

Did I say fun, no, I meant depressing.

If the number is larger than single-digit-millions-per season, we got hosed.  Bidding against ourselves, cause no one else has shown any real interest in Bridgewater.

Look we didn't get option A, maybe B if you love Keenum. But Teddy is 25 and has looked like a solid Qb when healthy. Does this mean that we found out franchise Qb? Most likely not. However it allows us to go into the draft not completely desperate. Also do you guys really wanna see old man McCown back out there?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Is what it is I guess, Jets get the sloppy broke kneed seconds as usual.

Be fun hearing the organization try and sell this pile of steaming PR to us after the deal is done.

Did I say fun, no, I meant depressing.

If the number is larger than single-digit-millions-per season, we got hosed.  Bidding against ourselves, cause no one else has shown any real interest in Bridgewater.

can't wait for the $300 Color Rush Teddy Ballgame jersey to come out!!!

7 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I hope this is true. I like this signing as a fallback option after not getting Cousins. Sign him and draft a QB in the 1st.

Depending on the cost, I agree....there’s upside with him and i’d Imagine this means McCown back too as insurance/mentor 

Archived