Report: Jets Finalizing Deal With Teddy Bridgewater

JetNation

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had to have a veteran after missing on Cousins. Believe it or not, Teddy has a chance to have more UPSIDE with the Jets than Cousins will with the Vikings. The NFC is loaded. The Eagles kicked the Vikings azzes last year & have already added Bennett & Ngata for some more Dline depth, lol. 

PLEASE WELCOME...2018 COMBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR....TEDDY BRIDGEWATER. 

Is this too optimistic? 

2 minutes ago, Dr Evil said:

Look we didn't get option A, maybe B if you love Keenum. But Teddy is 25 and has looked like a solid Qb when healthy. Does this mean that we found out franchise Qb? Most likely not. However it allows us to go into the draft not completely desperate. Also do you guys really wanna see old man McCown back out there?

How do near leg amputees generally bounce back anyways?

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

They had to have a veteran after missing on Cousins. Believe it or not, Teddy has a chance to have more UPSIDE with the Jets than Cousins will with the Vikings. The NFC is loaded. The Eagles kicked the Vikings azzes last year & have already added Bennett & Ngata for some more Dline depth, lol. 

Is this too optimistic? 

Yes.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Perfect instead of Teddy Bridgewater bobble head day the Jets can hand out Teddy Bridgewater bobble leg dolls. 

So not right and I apologize but I'm in a foul mood thanks to the NY Jets.

I give ya rough time JW but that was heehaw hilarious! 

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I prefer this than to bringing McCown back.

No doubt. Teddy still may have football in his future. Him + a rookie QB gives us two lotto tickets for s real QB. McCown just gives a small % of our fan base reasons to say mentor a lot with zero credibility.

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

"We really liked Baker, but with us being able to land Teddy and bring back Josh, we really felt Minkah was our best option at 6."

I think they still take a QB at 6 (backup to Teddy w/injury etc) but if they dont I would rather have Jersey kid and Notre Dame OffLineman Quenton Nelson. Could use a Guard for 10 years w/all pro potential. 

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Is this too optimistic? 

Way too optimistic for these parts but good on you for bucking the trend. 

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

"We really liked Baker, but with us being able to land Teddy and bring back Josh, we really felt Minkah was our best option at 6."

That wont happen, shoot me if it does lol.

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Can't spell Bridgewater without BRIDGE. emoji16.png

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

It was a year ago when most predicted that Jets wouldn't be able to give tickets away a year ago. That games would be blacked out.  That one worked out well.

I'm fine with this.  Best case scenario he returns to form and continues to improve on his progression into what looked like a franchise QB.  A good friend of mine is a die hard Vikings fan and he resented the possibility of them signing Cousins and letting Bridgewater walk.  I also heard Bridgewater is a huge fan favorite in Minnesota so with missing on Cousins I love this move.  

This move also allows us to still draft a QB at 6 without HAVING to trade up for one now.  If a Rosen or Mayfield happens to be there at 6 then take them.  If not, that means that a Barkley/Chubb/Nelson falls to the Jets and I'm perfectly okay with either.  

If after it's all said and done we end up with Bridgewater, Jensen, T. Johnson/Butler/Gaines/Fuller, S. Barrett, Quenton Nelson, Michel/Jones II, Isaiah Oliver/Jackson/Alexander and others I'm not mad.

In short I want the CB/C/G/WR to be solidified before the draft that way we can pick off some weapons.

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Is what it is I guess, Jets get the sloppy broke kneed seconds as usual.

Be fun hearing the organization try and sell this pile of steaming PR to us after the deal is done.

Did I say fun, no, I meant depressing.

If the number is larger than single-digit-millions-per season, we got hosed.  Bidding against ourselves, cause no one else has shown any real interest in Bridgewater.

Now I know what it used to feel like for Browns fans when every FA player in demand turned you down.... the the FO had to sign the dregs to field a team. Unfortunately the Browns are no longer Sloppy 32nds..... Jets are:cheergal:

10 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Guys, Bridgewater has thrown 2 passes since 2015.  One of them was intercepted.

So, you are saying, not everything he does is bad? I like the attitude. We can build on that. Let's watch film of the one not-intercepted pass as turn this thing around!

I liked TB coming out, and I have no problem with him coming in now. It's not Teddy, it's what signing him means. If they draft a QB at 6. He will not see the field next year. Because they have TB. Mac and Bowles don't have the balls to start the rookie like Carroll did in Seattle with Wilson. There is no way TB is not starting. And if he has a good season, you'll never see the rookie. 

I guess it could have been worse..  they could have given Sam Bradford 20 mil.

The good news is if they don't re-sign McCown, (which I think they will), there's no way in hell they can stand pat at 6 with only Teddy and Hack on the roster.

I suspect they'll quickly move up to 2 or 3.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I guess it could have been worse..  they could have given Sam Bradford 20 mil.

The good news is if they don't re-sign McCown, (which I think they will), there's no way in hell they can stand pat at 6 with only Teddy and Hack on the roster.

I suspect they'll quickly move up to 2 or 3.

What in Mr. Play It Safe Mac's history makes you think we will make a move to get up in the draft?

Archived