Report: Jets Finalizing Deal With Teddy Bridgewater

JetNation

1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I'm so glad the Jets signed Josh McCown last year instead of playing Hackenberg, going 0-16 and getting our QB.

Having Teddy Bridgewater(who wasn't all that great when he was healthy) be your QB1 is much, much better.

:Wave:

Glad your thought process has seen the light.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

"We really liked Baker, but with us being able to land Teddy and bring back Josh, we really felt Minkah was our best option at 6."

,  I'm enjoying a cigarette and a beer staring at a volcano in Costa Rica and you ruined my day because you're probably right

Just now, King P said:

I like this move. Provided he can stay healthy of course. He's still young and still has potential. And we can still draft a QB.

Not sure why everybody is bitching about this move. Aside from Cousins who is now off the market, what option is better than Bridgewater ?

We'll see what the money/contract is. Still needs to pass a physical as his injury was as bad as it can possibly get. He hasnt played in two years. Dont trust this regime with the draft and understanding they one million percent have to draft a QB this year in the first round regardless of what retreads they bring in.

Teddy Bridgewater has thrown 551 passes in his NFL career.  He's accumulated 6150 yards, 28/22 TD to Int and 65% completion % and 89 QB rating.

Over his first 550 NFL passes, Cousins threw for 4035 yards 22/23, 61% and 79 QB rating.

I'm presenting this with the preface that I am not super thrilled with how today has unfolded.   It does not look good on the part of the Jets FO.

I also realize that the 2 situations aren't apples to apples in both supporting cast and role on the team.  I just think it's interesting.   I'm sure 3 years ago no one thought Cousins would amount to anything. I'm not saying I think Bridgewatee will(although that's what I'll be told I'm doing).  I just think it's an interesting snapshot, and a reminder there have been far weirder and unlikely success stories than Teddy Bridgewater.

Ballwasher, over and out.

3 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I'm so glad the Jets signed Josh McCown last year instead of playing Hackenberg, going 0-16 and getting our QB.

Having Teddy Bridgewater(who wasn't all that great when he was healthy) be your QB1 is much, much better.

:Wave:

Macc and Bowles knew it was insta-firing if they sent Hack out there to start putting up Ryan Leaf numbers. 

The most inexcusable thing was keeping him on the game day roster as a face saving move when they both knew he would never be allowed to throw in the game under any circumstances even if McCown and Petty went down.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Teddy Bridgewater has thrown 551 passes in his NFL career.  He's accumulated 6150 yards, 28/22 TD to Int and 65% completion % and 89 QB rating.

Over his first 550 NFL passes, Cousins threw for 4035 yards 22/23, 61% and 79 QB rating.

I'm presenting this with the preface that I am not super thrilled with how today has unfolded.   It does not look good on the part of the Jets FO.

I also realize that the 2 situations aren't apples to apples in both supporting cast and role on the team.  I just think it's interesting.   I'm sure 3 years ago no one thought Cousins would amount to anything. I'm not saying I think Bridgewatee will(although that's what I'll be told I'm doing).  I just think it's an interesting snapshot, and a reminder there have been far weirder and unlikely success stories than Teddy Bridgewater.

Ballwasher, over and out.

With his injury it would be one the most unlikeliest comeback stories ever. He almost lost his leg.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just looked up Bridgewater’s stats and I forgot he wasn’t that good. McCown is your opening day starter, folks. 

Sanchez 2.0. And that's with the same crew plus Adrian Peterson that just turned Case Keenum into a $20 million/year guy.

so much optimism on the board....not

this move is smarter for the team because we are not tying up 90 million long term 3 or 4 deal mat 12 mill starting take the extra 16 million and sign some decent o lineman or a line backer. draft a qb a rb and go from there

Liked Bridgewater in the draft, said before the Cousins mania started (who I would have been good with) that I wanted Bridgewater, and Mayfield.  Got half of it anyhow.  Can't see Mayfield being there at 6 at this point, but ya never know

Meh

Just pray to God that the Jets don’t bring in McCown as well at this point.

If that happens, then we’re all going to be sh*tting ourselves until the draft.

If the Jets don’t make a move for one of the Top 4 QB’s...I may finally be done. That sh*t will officially break me.

4 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

You say that like it's a bad thing

They may be morons when it comes to identifying, acquiring, developing and retaining talent... but they are masters of self-preservation.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Meh

If the Jets don’t make a move for one of the Top 4 QB’s...I may finally be done. That sh*t will officially break me.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Meh

to not get cousins, any impact FAs and then not get a potential franchise qb, i've been mulling the same thing.  at what point is it not worth it?  

6 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Happy about Teddy, I expect special edition Jets Teddy Bears being given out to season ticket holders. 

There are still suckers who LOCK IN season tickets instead of waiting to get those same seats on Stub Hub for a fraction of the price???? You guys are enabling this nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, rammagen said:

so much optimism on the board....not

this move is smarter for the team because we are not tying up 90 million long term 3 or 4 deal mat 12 mill starting take the extra 16 million and sign some decent o lineman or a line backer. draft a qb a rb and go from there

What FA OL or LB are you referring to?

With Cousins going to Minnesota, Keenum in Denver, Brees staying in NO, here are some of the top remaining available options:

Bridgewater

McCarron

Bradford

McCown

Kapernick

Cutler

Geno

Given the alternatives, I will take Teddy.  25 years old, huge injury risk but some upside as well.  Beats a 38-year old vet like Fitz/McCown.

Still need to get a guy in R1 of the draft.

Archived