Report: Jets Finalizing Deal With Teddy Bridgewater

JetNation

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There are still suckers who LOCK IN season tickets instead of waiting to get those same seats on Stub Hub for a fraction of the price???? You guys are enabling this nonsense. 

But the free Teddy Bear ? Teddy Bridgequarterback

11 minutes ago, rammagen said:

so much optimism on the board....not

this move is smarter for the team because we are not tying up 90 million long term 3 or 4 deal mat 12 mill starting take the extra 16 million and sign some decent o lineman or a line backer. draft a qb a rb and go from there

Indeed, who wants to be competitive if it costs you your precious, precious, MY PRECIOUS CAP SPACE!!!!

Far better to hoard the precious, ooooooh, the precious.......

After all, draft pick QB's are a sure thing can't miss, especially this class of perfect prospects!  Teddy B will have a massive comeback, Jackson will be the next Mike Vick meets Brett Favre, and the titles will literally ROLL IN!!!!

God, it's a great to be ali.........urk, ack, ugh......(thud).

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sanchez 2.0. And that's with the same crew plus Adrian Peterson that just turned Case Keenum into a $20 million/year guy.

Nice guy. Good story. Better than Hack or Petty. But juuuuuust bad enough and injured enough to give Todd the daylight he needs to keep Josh McCown on the field. Perfect.

Just now, LockeJET said:

Everything else all day is "done deal". With the Jets it's "finalzing a deal".

I'd be squeezing Mac's nuts too if I was Teddy's agent.  Nothing left out there and most likely Teddy will die behind our OLine.

So we go to missing out on a franchise QB in Cousins to getting a QB that hasn't played in 2 years and wasn't very good when he was healthy?  How is this plan B?  This should've been plan P or Q.  We don't even know if the guy can play or even take a hit.  What if he does take a hit to that knee.  This could be tragic.  For a long time, it was thought Teddy would never play again.  He was literally 3rd string on the Vikings last year.  

Teddy is going to expect to be our starting QB, otherwise why would he be willing to come to the Jets?  How would the front office convince him to come if not to start?  Now that we lost out on Cousins, McCown at least could've been a great mentor QB for our 1st round draft pick.  No way Teddy at 25 will want to mentor a 1st round draft pick to replace him in a year or two.

This scenario pretty much guarantees we suck for a few more years before we start another rebuild and suck for a few more. 

Just now, peebag said:

I'd be squeezing Mac's nuts too if I was Teddy's agent.  Nothing left out there and most likely Teddy will die behind our OLine.

Honestly I feel terrible for Teddy. Market must be soft as jelly for his services if he's entertaining coming here. I think it's a marriage of desperation. On both sides.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nice guy. Good story. Better than Hack or Petty. But juuuuuust bad enough and injured enough to give Todd the daylight he needs to keep Josh McCown on the field. Perfect.

If they sign Bridgewater, I don’t see McCown returning.

8 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

I am completely sickened by this "organization". Teddy Bridgewater? Seriously? I've been watching since 1980 and it just isn't getting any better. This is sickening. 

Bridgewater is irrelevant.  Hes Mike Glennon from last year.  He will be awful the 1st few games and then our #1 pick will come in to play.

Its not a good or bad signing.  Its an irrelevant signing.

Don't post much here, because the Jets aren't fun for me anymore. I've lost a lot of interest in the sport because of it. But I don't get the criticism if they sign Bridgewater. What's the downsize? He's highly motivated, he's not expensive, and isn't block the Jets from drafting a QB in the first round. 

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

If they sign Bridgewater, I don’t see McCown returning.

They need McCown. Teddy is one hit away from collecting Social Security Disability checks. And our 1st round pick (if Macc sacks up) may not be ready yet when that happens. 

3 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Get it over with already. On to the next..

Huh? We get 1 hour to talk about Jets moves (the only one of the day, mind you) before we have to move on?

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Indeed, who wants to be competitive if it costs you your precious, precious, MY PRECIOUS CAP SPACE!!!!

Far better to hoard the precious, ooooooh, the precious.......

After all, draft pick QB's are a sure thing can't miss, especially this class of perfect prospects!  Teddy B will have a massive comeback, Jackson will be the next Mike Vick meets Brett Favre, and the titles will literally ROLL IN!!!!

God, it's a great to be ali.........urk, ack, ugh......(thud).

you guys have this failing and he hasn't even signed. Let's bust the bank for a qb with a loosing record against winning teams. The idea should be get younger and better and  not older and maybe slightly better. Teddy +drafted qb would be better long term for this team versus signing Cousins and then not drafting a qb because of the money we having to much money wrapped up in one position.

My god you make it sound like I dont want to spend the money I do want to spend money but this team needs help over I dont want to sink all the cash into one or two positions when we need help at 8 positions

Just now, DonCorleone said:

We're headed for another one of those. And then new Coach, New GM and same old same old. Now rinse and do it again. Sorry to be such a downer but, cmonnnnn!

Following this team, most of us could write tomes on depression and anger management issues.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Huh? We get 1 hour to talk about Jets moves (the only one of the day, mind you) before we have to move on?

No. Jets need to get it done and move on. Need something like:

McKinnon. Jensen. Eifert.

Williamson. Claiborne. Gaines.

Need to get a move on and spend those dollars. 

Especially if we’re trading up.

33 minutes ago, gEYno said:

It's as if Mac had nothing to do with the fact that heading into year 4, we have a QB who's thrown 2 passes in 2 years, and are currently on the outside looking in for a top prospect in this years draft.

i agree  he has some missteps 

So we go to missing out on a franchise QB in Cousins to getting a QB that hasn't played in 2 years and wasn't very good when he was healthy?  How is this plan B?  This should've been plan P or Q.  We don't even know if the guy can play or even take a hit.  What if he does take a hit to that knee.  This could be tragic.  For a long time, it was thought Teddy would never play again.  He was literally 3rd string on the Vikings last year.  
Teddy is going to expect to be our starting QB, otherwise why would he be willing to come to the Jets?  How would the front office convince him to come if not to start?  If we lost out on Cousins (which we did) McCown was going to at least be a great mentor QB for our 1st round draft pick.  No way Teddy at 25 will want to mentor a 1st round draft pick.
This scenario pretty much guarantees we suck for a few more years before we start another rebuild and suck for a few more. 

Plan A is drafting a QB, and we haven’t missed out on that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Let's clarify this transaction.

Bridgewater signed to quasi compete and back up the first round QB = good

Bridgewater signed to compete with McCown and Denzel Ward is the starting CB = bad

Completely agreed.

I mostly hate this team and the vast majority of what they do, but essentially all of the incessant whining is dependent on just assuming the section option is the only thing that could possibly happen.  If the Jets didn't get Cousins, then they absolutely had to be going QB in the first round without question.  In that case, they still needed to bring in a veteran FA however, and as far as I'm concerned, Bridgewater was one of the better options in that regard.  Many of the other guys available are coming with much heavier price tags and an undeserved commitment (e.g., Keenum, Bradford), in which case, I prefer Bridgewater.

Don't post much here, because the Jets aren't fun for me anymore. I've lost a lot of interest in the sport because of it. But I don't get the criticism if they sign Bridgewater. What's the downsize? He's highly motivated, he's not expensive, and isn't block the Jets from drafting a QB in the first round. 

Exactly. Perfect signing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, BrickTamland said:

No. Jets need to get it done and move on. Need something like:

McKinnon. Jensen. Eifert.

Williamson. Claiborne. Gaines.

Need to get a move on and spend those dollars. 

Especially if we’re trading up.

My bad. Misinterpreted you there!

Archived