Report: Jets Finalizing Deal With Teddy Bridgewater

JetNation

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dr Evil said:

Look we didn't get option A, maybe B if you love Keenum. But Teddy is 25 and has looked like a solid Qb when healthy. Does this mean that we found out franchise Qb? Most likely not. However it allows us to go into the draft not completely desperate. Also do you guys really wanna see old man McCown back out there?

it's all about his health and attitude.  not a large body of work but did well enough.  the jets can draft barkley at 6, beef up the oline and they might have their qb for a few seasons.

Passing

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
2014 22 MIN QB 5 13 12 6-6-0 259 402 64.4 2919 14 3.5 12 3.0 87 7.3 6.6 11.3 224.5 85.2 54.4 39 249 6.05 5.46 8.8 3 3 9
2015* 23 MIN QB 5 16 16 11-5-0 292 447 65.3 3231 14 3.1 9 2.0 52 7.2 6.9 11.1 201.9 88.7 57.5 44 307 5.96 5.70 9.0 1 1 13
2017 25 MIN   5 1 0   0 2 0.0 0 0 0.0 1 50.0 0 0.0 -22.5   0.0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0.00 -22.50 0.0     0
Career       30 28 17-11-0 551 851 64.7 6150 28 3.3 22 2.6 87 7.2

Just now, rangerous said:

it's all about his health and attitude.  not a large body of work but did well enough.  the jets can draft barkley at 6, beef up the oline and they might have their qb for a few seasons.

Passing

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
2014 22 MIN QB 5 13 12 6-6-0 259 402 64.4 2919 14 3.5 12 3.0 87 7.3 6.6 11.3 224.5 85.2 54.4 39 249 6.05 5.46 8.8 3 3 9
2015* 23 MIN QB 5 16 16 11-5-0 292 447 65.3 3231 14 3.1 9 2.0 52 7.2 6.9 11.1 201.9 88.7 57.5 44 307 5.96 5.70 9.0 1 1 13
2017 25 MIN   5 1 0   0 2 0.0 0 0 0.0 1 50.0 0 0.0 -22.5   0.0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0.00 -22.50 0.0     0
Career       30 28 17-11-0 551 851 64.7 6150 28 3.3 22 2.6 87 7.2

We have got lucky with selecting arguably the best players in the draft with Leonard and Adams. No way Barkley is siting there at #6.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Maccagnan is a moron without a plan. Bowles has a plan and it's just a stupid one built around safeties and telephone poles on the EDGE. 

If they want to put the narrative to bed that they dont care about the QB- then draft one in the first round and start him from day 1.

I won't disagree with you on the latter point, but some of the conspiracy theories around why it won't happen are a bit absurd.  Macc and Bowles greatest motivation is future job security.  Cousins was the best bet they had at that, but after whiffing on that, it's without question a rookie QB is the best chance they both have to save their asses.

I'm no fan of Bowles, but his supposed outright refusal to play any young QBs is made a little questionable considering that all of the evidence suggests the QBs he's started have been substantially better than the pile of hot garbage Macc has drafted.  That's a rather sad state of affairs.

Bowles has more than enough of his own crap to be endlessly criticized for, Macc's failure to provide an even slightly competent QB under 35 doesn't come close to making the list.

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I won't disagree with you on the latter point, but some of the conspiracy theories around why it won't happen are a bit absurd.  Macc and Bowles greatest motivation is future job security.  Cousins was the best bet they had at that, but after whiffing on that, it's without question a rookie QB is the best chance they both have to save their asses.

I'm no fan of Bowles, but his supposed outright refusal to play any young QBs is made a little questionable considering that all of the evidence suggests the QBs he's started have been substantially better than the pile of hot garbage Macc has drafted.  That's a rather sad state of affairs.

Bowles has more than enough of his own crap to be endlessly criticized for, Macc's failure to provide an even slightly competent QB under 35 doesn't come close to making the list.

There should be a special counsel assigned to Florham Park to figure out how and why they took a strong safety over Watson/Mahomes. I dont care who's more responsible at this point. Just find a god damned QB.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There should be a special counsel assigned to Florham Park to figure out how and why they took a strong safety over Watson/Mahomes. I dont care whose more responsible at this point. Just find a god damned QB.

We keep experimenting with NFL loser old men QB' s and drafting all the wrong players, its rinse wash and repeat over and over again.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Bridewater was the most boring, dink and dunk qb in the league WHEN HE WAS HEALTHY.  This guy makes Chad Pennington look like Brett Favre.  What a snoozefest the 1st few weeks will be if he even lasts that long.

Then you can go root for the Giants.

11 minutes ago, prime21 said:

We have got lucky with selecting arguably the best players in the draft with Leonard and Adams. No way Barkley is siting there at #6.

We've seen them play it's no longer an argument.  They clearly were not the best players in their respective drafts.

1 minute ago, legler82 said:

I'm not looking for upside in my bridge QB.  I just need them to be a bridge.

Why not accomplish both then? Also, you are just assuming that whatever QB we draft will automatically work out. What would make you think that? 

37 minutes ago, rammagen said:

you guys have this failing and he hasn't even signed.

As stated repeatedly, a QB who's only good year was on Adrian Peterson's 1800 Yard back, whose never thrown more than 14 TD's and never had less than 15 turnovers, and whose knee was turned to swiss cheese in a non-contact injury that led to him not playing a meaningful down for two years.

Yes, I have my doubts.

Let's bust the bank for a qb with a loosing record against winning teams.

A consistent multi-year 4,000 yard passer on a generally poorly run, poorly coached, poorly generally managed disater of a team here in Washington DC.

Yes, I'd have preferred that to Bridgewater.

The idea should be get younger and better and  not older and maybe slightly better.

The idea that you think Cousins is only slightly better than Bridgewater tells me everything I need to know about how you evaluate QB's.

Hint:  Cousins is widely regarded as a top 10 NFL QB.  Bridgewater is widely considered as a guy who might one day play QB again.

Teddy +drafted qb would be better long term for this team versus signing Cousins and then not drafting a qb because of the money we having to much money wrapped up in one position.

Guess we'll see if you're right.  You could be.  We can compare QB stats and wins/losses for Cousins/Vikings and Bridgewater/Jets over the next few years and decide who was right.

And we'll know if we even draft a QB soon too.  I wouldn't get your hopes up too high about that first round just yet....

My god you make it sound like I dont want to spend the money I do want to spend money but this team needs help over I dont want to sink all the cash into one or two positions when we need help at 8 positions

Cousins =/= all our cash. 

At the rate we're going, we may have a hard time even getting to the cap floor without overpaying for the second and third tier guys remaining in FA.

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Bridgewater is interesting. Almost 65% completion percentage. 17-11 career record 28 TDs 22 INTs.

He was actually doing very well before he got hurt.  If you look back at the old threads people around here were complaining that we passed on him.

We need to take a QB at 6 or higher - but I would rather have Teddy than Keenum.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As stated repeatedly, a QB who's only good year was on Adrian Peterson's 1800 Yard back, whose never thrown more than 14 TD's and never had less than 15 turnovers, and whose knee was turned to swiss cheese in a non-contact injury that led to him not playing a meaningful down for two years.

Yes, I have my doubts.

A consistent multi-year 4,000 yard passer on a generally poorly run, poorly coached, poorly generally managed disater of a team here in Washington DC.

Yes, I'd have preferred that to Bridgewater.

The idea that you think Cousins is only slightly better than Bridgewater tells me everything I need to know about how you evaluate QB's.

Hint:  Cousins is widely regarded as a top 10 NFL QB.  Bridgewater is widely considered as a guy who might one day play QB again.

Guess we'll see if you're right.  You could be.  We can compare QB stats and wins/losses for Cousins/Vikings and Bridgewater/Jets over the next few years and decide who was right.

And we'll know if we even draft a QB soon too.  I wouldn't get your hopes up too high about that first round just yet....

Cousins =/= all our cash. 

At the rate we're going, we may have a hard time even getting to the cap floor without overpaying for the second and third tier guys remaining in FA.

JAMARCUS 2.0 RIGHT GUYS

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He was actually doing very well before he got hurt.  If you look back at the old threads people around here were complaining that we passed on him.

We need to take a QB at 6 or higher - but I would rather have Teddy than Keenum.

He got hurt in practice.

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bridewater was the most boring, dink and dunk qb in the league WHEN HE WAS HEALTHY.  This guy makes Chad Pennington look like Brett Favre.  What a snoozefest the 1st few weeks will be if he even lasts that long.

Minny fans were bored shltless when he led them to 11 wins and a home playoff game.  Which they would have won if their kicker could make a chip shot FG.  Boring. :rolleyes:

Think about this for a second...if the Jets don't sign Bridgewater and they have to look elsewhere it will get even uglier.

McCown as the starter on draft day is a disgusting concept. They can't let that happen.

Just now, Maxman said:

Think about this for a second...if the Jets don't sign Bridgewater and they have to look elsewhere it will get even uglier.

McCown as the starter on draft day is a disgusting concept. They can't let that happen.

Agree anyone but Josh McCown

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Plan C! and we haven't even gotten to when FA actually starts.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Minny fans were bored shltless when he led them to 11 wins and a home playoff game.  Which they would have won if their kicker could make a chip shot FG.  Boring. :rolleyes:

They were.  They won w/ defense and running the ball.  The qb play was boring as hell.  Less then a Touchdown a game.  Outright embarrassing in this day and age.

Archived