Report: Jets Finalizing Deal With Teddy Bridgewater

JetNation

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He was actually doing very well before he got hurt.  If you look back at the old threads people around here were complaining that we passed on him.

We need to take a QB at 6 or higher - but I would rather have Teddy than Keenum.

Sounds like a plan.  Cousins or a draft pick QB + a veteran.  Not getting the shock.  

I get the clueless falling over each other to trash TB.  To recite his numbers, which were pretty decent for a really young QB and trash them tells us all we need to know. 

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Sounds like a plan.  Cousins or a draft pick QB + a veteran.  Not getting the shock.  

I get the clueless falling over each other to trash TB.  To recite his numbers, which were pretty decent for a really young QB and trash them tells us all we need to know. 

There's upside in a trade too - if Teddy plays well we have trade bait next off-season.  

All of this is predicated on getting one of the 4 - but for now I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt when discussing this signing.

39 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sanchez 2.0. And that's with the same crew plus Adrian Peterson that just turned Case Keenum into a $20 million/year guy.

Sanchez was more all-or-nothing with too much of the latter. Teddy is - or I should say was - more of a game manager. Sanchez would have trouble sustaining a 65% completion percentage over 2 months in his prime, let alone his first 2 seasons in the league (and even that would've probably required lining up the league's worst defenses over that span).

The most optimistic thing you could say about Teddy, as far as his lack of Mark's big play potential (however infrequent it was), is it's possible he just wasn't asked to do much as a rookie, and then again in year 2 with Peterson still moving the chains and killing defenses, so long as the team was winning. The best WRs he had in his first 2 seasons were either has-beens (Jenings, Wallace), kids still wet behind the ears (Thielen was a backup, he had 1 year of rookie Diggs, the force-feeding of Patterson onto the field)... plus a good but hardly incredible TE (who missed half Teddy's rookie season to boot). On the flip-side, even playing puss-ball in the same scheme minus Peterson, Bradford's numbers dwarfed Teddy's and he set a (however short-lived) NFL record for completion percentage in a season. 

He didn't do much in his 1 playoff appearance, but in fairness in that same game in the freezing cold and wind, neither did Russell Wilson. 

All that's well and good if this was 2016. It's 2018 and that injury was no joke. 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

There's upside in a trade too - if Teddy plays well we have trade bait next off-season.  

All of this is predicated on getting one of the 4 - but for now I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt when discussing this signing.

All those trashing these moves, WTF do they think we could or should do.  Force Cousins to sign?  Move on to Rodgers and sign him as a fall back?

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They were.  They won w/ defense and running the ball.  The qb play was boring as hell.  Less then a Touchdown a game.  Outright embarrassing in this day and age.

Adrian Peterson was heading towards 1,900 total yards from scrimmage that year, the entire O was on his back.  A run first and run second team, the QB wasn't asked to do much....and he didn't.  Barely broke 3,000 yards passing, generally equal TD passes to turnovers.  Sanchez was a better QB and you know how I feel about him.

That 2015 Vikings team was all Adrian Peterson and Defense.  Just like Sanchez's time here in NY, Bridgewater was a literally carried QB.

The only worse move is resigning McCo......wait, wut.  We're not signing Bridgewter (yay!) but we're signing MCCOWN again instead?

From bad to worse.  

/chuckle

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

It's as if Mac had nothing to do with the fact that heading into year 4, we have a QB who's thrown 2 passes in 2 years, and are currently on the outside looking in for a top prospect in this years draft.

We have QB who hasn't thrown any passes in the past 2 years as well :( 

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Why not have signed both?

Let me ask you if your Bridgewater, and you haven’t officially signed yet which I’m assuming he has not because it would have been all over the place, once you hear McCown got 10 million from the team you’ve been dancing with for hours wouldn’t you be like all hell know your gonna play me like this?  I’d walk if I was him for sure.

I HATE the McCown signing, but will hate it more if Bridgewater is signed also.  McCown without Bridgewatwer still means a QB at #6.  McCown + Bridgewater means no 1st round QB and another year with ZERO hope!!!!!!

Why do I still root for this team??????????????

Archived