A suggested alternative to the Jets should rumors become official tomorrow

SenorGato

Lets face it folks, the NFL is kind of a joke. It's a world where money is bad (except for the owners), 12 is 5, Tuesday is Wednesday, master plans considered expertly crafted and executed are when you're at least 7 draft spots away from where you want to be, W-L record is still considered a legit way to evaluate individual players, 5 wins in San Fran is amazing and proof of a revolution, likely murderers become inner circle HOFers way too recently, concussions are just a topic for the one Will Smith movie no one wants to watch, retired players run through glass doors or straight up shoot themselves because of the brain damage suffered...Basically it's nonsense that would become tolerable if the Jets got their sh*t together. Since the rumors suggest otherwise right now, I suggest hopping on this bandwagon:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KI5N91-9ctQ

You've got two perrenial MVP candidates, arguably the greatest sports FO exec of all time running the show, a tip top pitching staff, two of the most exciting non-perrenial MVP candidates in Contreras and Baez, they're favorites for a third perrenial MVP candidate in Harper, will sell their media rights for record money after next year....I'll say that the sport is getting wack with this luxury tax (read: salary cap) bullsh*t and the super creepy IFA world, but otherwise gamedays are generally warm and comfortable, analysis and discussion tends to be more rational, the energy is way more relaxed and care free, players aren't getting concussed and paralyzed every 8 seconds, HS kids don't die annually playing it, stem cells are slowly taking over surgeries....

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

“I don’t even like football anymore” as a response to being comprehensively owned is the highest level of “I’m not mad, this is funny to me” possible

Wait, what? This is a new position for me? This offseason is the best.

Just now, JetPotato said:

No way! He sat next to him on an ESPN interview? Lock!

Yanks will have the cash and will be defending champs. Sorry, chump. Cubbies got their ring for this century already.

Totes, the Yankees went out and got a $300 million dollar RF because they're locks for Harper. 

dreamboat.gif

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Totes, the Yankees went out and got a $300 million dollar RF because they're locks for Harper. 

dreamboat.gif

Plenty of money, son. The Stanton AAV is only $22 million. A steal. Plenty of room under the tax next year for Harper or Machado, without any trouble whatsoever. Who wouldn't want to bat between those two in that stadium?

23 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Plenty of money, son. The Stanton AAV is only $22 million. A steal. Plenty of room under the tax next year for Harper or Machado, without any trouble whatsoever. Who wouldn't want to bat between those two in that stadium?

Damn, already? Jah bless JN this offseason. Harper will be a Cub, broski. 

24 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Why "or" when it can be "and".  This is the Yankees we're talking about.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why "or" when it can be "and".  This is the Yankees we're talking about.

I don't want to crush these poor Cubs fans dreams. This guy actually called Theo the greatest GM of all time in sports. I laughed for about 10 minutes on that one.

3 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Lets face it folks, the NFL is kind of a joke. It's a world where money is bad (except for the owners), 12 is 5, Tuesday is Wednesday, master plans considered expertly crafted and executed are when you're at least 7 draft spots away from where you want to be, W-L record is still considered a legit way to evaluate individual players, 5 wins in San Fran is amazing and proof of a revolution, likely murderers become inner circle HOFers way too recently, concussions are just a topic for the one Will Smith movie no one wants to watch, retired players run through glass doors or straight up shoot themselves because of the brain damage suffered...Basically it's nonsense that would become tolerable if the Jets got their sh*t together. Since the rumors suggest otherwise right now, I suggest hopping on this bandwagon:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KI5N91-9ctQ

You've got two perrenial MVP candidates, arguably the greatest sports FO exec of all time running the show, a tip top pitching staff, two of the most exciting non-perrenial MVP candidates in Contreras and Baez, they're favorites for a third perrenial MVP candidate in Harper, will sell their media rights for record money after next year....I'll say that the sport is getting wack with this luxury tax (read: salary cap) bullsh*t and the super creepy IFA world, but otherwise gamedays are generally warm and comfortable, analysis and discussion tends to be more rational, the energy is way more relaxed and care free, players aren't getting concussed and paralyzed every 8 seconds, HS kids don't die annually playing it, stem cells are slowly taking over surgeries....

face it.  You were wrong.  Again.  Spare us the LSD trip.

52 minutes ago, Dcat said:

face it.  You were wrong.  Again.  Spare us the LSD trip.

Lol what is this sh*t where I'm not facing it? This board has gone complete batsh*t. This is the gazillionth time I've talked about the Cubs as the Jets alternative. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Lol what is this sh*t where I'm not facing it? This board has gone complete batsh*t. This isn't even the dozenth time I've talked about the Cubs as the Jets alternative.

I don't know what you're not facing but the whole word vomit routine of late is no good. Don't be the guy who tries to have a thing. You've seen how it's worked out for everybody else who's done it.

4 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I don't know what you're not facing but the whole word vomit routine of late is no good. Don't be the guy who tries to have a thing. You've seen how it's worked out for everybody else who's done it.

Oh for sure, never again lol. Turns out I know nothing about this foozeball nonsense. 

Archived