Jets bring back McCown

Integrity28

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Looks like we’re signing both

And we can now officially start sh*tting our pants everyday until the end of April.

You know damn well they're gonna start to feel comfortable once draft comes around "you know what? we got josh and teddy...let's go corner here"

• Sympathy 1

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Wow--giving McCown $10mm to back up Bridgewater is scary.  I'm starting to go to the dark side here.  What the F?

bridgewater is backing up mccown, who will be named the starter tomorrow.  it's all an elaborate plot to trick the bills into thinking they won't draft a qb at 6.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

As long as they draft a QB then it doesn't matter. 

Except if we have McCown and Bridgewater than the rookie is not going to get as many training camp and preseason reps.  And we know that in Bowles mind all jobs are won/lost in camp...

1 minute ago, Ruby2 said:

At a bare minimum im done untill Mac and Bowles are gone.

It really should be untill Woody sells the team, but we will see.

Looking forward to CFB this year at least, but I am not watching a minute of this joke.

Hell yes, I’ve pretty much gone all in on college football the last few years.  Such a better product.  

• Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

bridgewater could get hurt in TC and mccown will mentor the rookie.

Then sign him as a ****ing QBC. Pay him the same money off the cap for all I care. 

Mentor, lol. Sure worked wonders with Petty and Hackenberg (and Sanchez before them with MB).

It's almost as if these QBs might be good or not good whether or not there's a 39 year-old on the roster mentoring them.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

bridgewater is backing up mccown, who will be named the starter tomorrow.  it's all an elaborate plot to trick the bills into thinking they won't draft a qb at 6.

either way $10mm is way too much money for Josh F-in McCown - just waiting on the Teddy price....that's going to really piss me off.

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

Bridgwater

Lamar Jackson

McCown will hopefully not be active on game days and act as an emergency QB / QB Coach.

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

That sucks

Yeah I know 99% of fans thinks that sucks but I would be happy. Add Hackenburg to the practice squad

Just now, RESNewYork said:

Bridgwater

Lamar Jackson

McCown will hopefully not be active on game days and act as an emergency QB / QB Coach.

Even the Jets aren't dumb enough to pay a number 3 QB 10 million, are they?  ARE THEY???????

10 million is not #3 money.  I'm literally getting a migraine as I type.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Then sign him as a ****ing QBC. Pay him the same money off the cap for all I care. 

Mentor, lol. Sure worked wonders with Petty and Hackenberg (and Sanchez before them with MB).

It's almost as if these QBs might be good or not good whether or not there's a 39 year-old on the roster mentoring them.

i don't mind mcccown here on a 1 year deal.  bridgewater is probably destined to be the #3 if they draft a qb and may not last training camp.  

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

McCown can mentor the rookie while Teddy is starting games for us and giving us an actual legit chance at winning games next season. If McCown is starting next season on opening day we are in a bad spot IMO.

this is shaping up as if the jets will make a play for josh allen, who they can sit for a year while these two qbs play.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Remember that this was a team that last year had a 3 way "competition" to determine the starting QB. Maccagnan loves loading up on QBs. 

I think Bridgewater and a trade up are still in play while Petty and Hack are goners. This is a good thing. 

Next year's QB room is going to be McCown, Teddy and Rosen. 

• Upvote 2