Jets bring back McCown

Integrity28

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

10 million dollars???? The Jets are the dumbest organization in the NFL.  What a friggin dumpster fire.

I wouldn’t give that POS $10.00 I fart in Mac’s general direction. ****in dumbass LOSER of a GM. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Bridgwater

Lamar Jackson

McCown will hopefully not be active on game days and act as an emergency QB / QB Coach.

I myself actually am thinking that this would be a sane plan.....

Any other reason to bring McCown back is utter madness...

3 minutes ago, 19andOhWait said:

not one positive reaction in this thread

we are a weird bunch

It's the collection area for every negative Nancy on the board. Pretty amusing watching them all day over each other crying about how we suck and what all of this actually means. 

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I have no problem with McCown at $10M. It's clear as day that we will be aggressive for a QB in the draft. If the Jets pass on a QB then I'll lose my cool.

I've been very patient and very supportive of Mac - I think he's been overly villified..but I don't get this signing.  let's see what he's paying Teddy - if that's dirt cheap then I'll feel better..

and as you said - if they don't get one of the 4 - I'm out!

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Remember that this was a team that last year had a 3 way "competition" to determine the starting QB. Maccagnan loves loading up on QBs. 

I think Bridgewater and a trade up are still in play while Petty and Hack are goners. This is a good thing. 

Next year's QB room is going to be McCown, Teddy and Rosen. 

I’m fine with that ending 

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I have no problem with McCown at $10M. It's clear as day that we will be aggressive for a QB in the draft. If the Jets pass on a QB then I'll lose my cool.

I'd feel more comfortable if weren't bringing in Bridgewater too. 

Just now, bla bla bla said:

If this doesn't piss you off then I am not sure anything the Jets do on draft day will piss you off. 

If Mccown wants to come back as a 3rd string QB behind Bridgewater and a rookie then sign for 5 million. Signing for 10 million means that if Bridgewater sucks or gets hurt, we will still never see the rookie QB. This move guarantees mediocrity and boring football for another 16 games. We have literally  nothing to look forward to next season. 

McCown and Cousins have the same agent.

Agent uses Jets to get Vikings to make absurd contract. Agent uses Cousins to make the Jets desperate, knowing there is ZERO market for McCown other than Bowles.

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Teddy gets 15 mill, Mccown gets 10 million and Aaron Rodgers gets 20 million. Makes sense....

What a dope. Mac could have signed a QB like McCaron for 6-7 mill and wiped the egg off his face for ever having signed scrub azz McClown in the first place. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

McCown and Cousins have the same agent.

Agent uses Jets to get Vikings to make absurd contract. Agent uses Cousins to make the Jets desperate, knowing there is ZERO market for McCown other than Bowles.

Thanks for just making my awful day ten times worse! 

Bridgewater/McCown/Hack 2018

Or will it be Bridwater/McCown/Draft Pick 2018?

Or have the Bridgewater talks now fallen apart, and McCown is all we have?

So hey, for the price of Cousins we get to have BOTH Bridgewater and McCown, why didn't I think of that!

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

McCown starts.

Bridge #2.

Rookie gets no reps. 

This plan worked so well with Petty behind Fitz, Geno... the Hack behind all 3. No brainer to recreate the same scenario.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i don't mind mcccown here on a 1 year deal.  bridgewater is probably destined to be the #3 if they draft a qb and may not last training camp.  

I mind. Neither should be here. You sign a borderline-starter type backup like that if you're a contender and you want someone to make emergency starts so you don't blow legit title shot due to only having Drew Stanton/Ryan Lindley as the backups.

The BEST possible outcome is if we find McCown's contract has $0 guaranteed, where he's cut if Bridgewater is healthy enough to make it to the opening day roster, and McCown then automatically downgrades from QB2 to QBC2.

10 million is a bit too much given his age, even when accounting for the rising costs of starters.

He's not a bad locker room presence and can manage the ship, so I'm not opposed to him being back. The team needs upside at the position however.

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Remember that this was a team that last year had a 3 way "competition" to determine the starting QB. Maccagnan loves loading up on QBs. 

I think Bridgewater and a trade up are still in play while Petty and Hack are goners. This is a good thing. 

Next year's QB room is going to be McCown, Teddy and Rosen. 

Someone gets it.

Remember when I was ok with the Bridgewater signing?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it.  I take it all back.

About the closest thing to a prayer we have is the Jets using this as a desperate attempt to convince other teams they won't be going after QB in the draft, to help dissuade teams from jumping them.  I seriously doubt that's the case (or would even work if it were), but... somethiing?

Ah **** it, who am I kidding?  That's what I get for actually being willing to accept a Jets move (i.e., Bridgewater).

Archived