Jets bring back McCown

Integrity28

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not active on game day, for 10 million?  WTF? 

This is just what I'm hoping for as a fan. Going into camp with Jackson, Bridgewater, McCown. McCown is inactive unless Bridgwater is injured. Trying to make the best of it while keeping my hopes of Jackson becoming a Jet.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I mind. Neither should be here. You sign a borderline-starter type backup like that if you're a contender and you want someone to make emergency starts so you don't blow legit title shot due to only having Drew Stanton/Ryan Lindley as the backups.

The BEST possible outcome is if we find McCown's contract has $0 guaranteed, where he's cut if Bridgewater is healthy enough to make it to the opening day roster, and McCown then automatically downgrades from QB2 to QBC2.

You wish. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

McCown and Cousins have the same agent.

Agent uses Jets to get Vikings to make absurd contract. Agent uses Cousins to make the Jets desperate, knowing there is ZERO market for McCown other than Bowles.

That really is the question I have - who was paying McCown $9mm? 

10 million ******* dollars! 

Say hello to your 2018 starting QB and another 6 win season with a draft pick somewhere between 5-10....smh - I've been so patient today and like WTF

Like I'm sure Gandhi would be very inspirational in our locker room but I'm ready to see some actionable ******* rsults from all these "good apples"

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

This is just what I'm hoping for as a fan. Going into camp with Jackson, Bridgewater, McCown. McCown is inactive unless Bridgwater is injured. Trying to make the best of it while keeping my hopes of Jackson becoming a Jet.

It can't be the plan - as you don't give $10mm to someone you expect to be inactive.  

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I feel like there's a chance these guys might not know what they're doing.

$10m for Josh McCown. Yeah there must have been a long line of teams we had to beat out for that one. Go Jets, way to get your man!

Now with the QB position all shored up, we can look to other positions at #6.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

McCown starts.

Bridge #2.

Rookie gets no reps. 

This plan worked so well with Petty behind Fitz, Geno... the Hack behind all 3. No brainer to recreate the same scenario.

Petty was an afterthought in the draft and Hackenberg was by the preseason. I don't think they're necessarily indicative of what the staff would do with an actual prospect 

15 minutes ago, 19andOhWait said:

not one positive reaction in this thread

we are a weird bunch

I took a sigh of relief.  Bridgewater and Hack would have been unacceptable.

The Jets are hedging their bets and will have 2 GREAT team first guys for the rook.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

$10m for Josh McCown. Yeah there must have been a long line of teams we had to beat out for that one. Go Jets, way to get your man!

I've been very supportive - they couldn't be as imcompetant as many have stated - but this move is mind boggling.

Still say there's no way they pass on a QB.

How is this even a surprise? You know this regime likes having a vet QB on the roster. 

This should be a good signal that the Jets are not hunting Cousins. You don't need a vet behind a 29 year old QB. You can draft somebody young to learn behind him.

Bridgewater is still a maybe. Might make sense to keep somebody who can play behind a guy coming off a serious injury. Bridgewater/McCown/Draft/Hack does not seem too unrealistic. Feels a lot like the Geno/Fitz/Petty/Hack year. 

But this could easily be a sign that Macc intends to go full forward with drafting a QB and go Draft/McCown/Petty/Hack which also doesn't seem unrealistic. 

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think even these idiots can be given enough credit that McCown and no Bridgewater (yet) means quarterback in the first is more rather than less likely now.

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Petty was an afterthought in the draft and Hackenberg was by the preseason. I don't think they're necessarily indicative of what the staff would do with an actual prospect 

When you overdraft a guy like Hack by that much, you consider him an actual prospect - regardless of reality.

Archived