Jets bring back McCown

Integrity28

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Is Bridgewater official? Or did McCown rush to sign when he heard the Jets and Bridgewater were about to make sweet love, thus nixing a Teddy deal?

I think Maccagnan had a deal with Bridgewater. He ran it by his boss, then Woody ran it by his bosses, and we ended up with mcCown. Something about purple drank and killing dogs and the flat earth. I dunno.

Just now, JiF said:

I said we'd resign McCown, you said I had rock for brains for thinking we would.  But now you've been saying this all along?  You're terrible at this.  I literally said you would do this exact thing hours ago and here you are.  I own you.  You should just go radio silent and worship my every word. 

Bow down to your master. 

PAC is terrible at posting about football. Just terrible.

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Doesn't the Jets having McCown under contract remove leverage from Teddy's camp? Why would the Jets pay more than they want to pay for Teddy. They've got a veteran in McCown to lineup under center week 1 and to tutor the QB taken in Round 1? Where else is Teddy going to sign and have a chance to win the starting job?  IMO, the Jets now have all of the leverage in the negotiation.

What leverage?  How is Josh McCown being named starter week one do for the Jets and the fanbase?  Who would want to come and pay money to see that sh*tshow?

This just reeks of desperation on the side of the Jets.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

OH GOD ITS ALL TOO GOOD. 

The best part of this conversation?  The Jets are taking a mid-round flier and resigning Joshy. You know it.  I know it.  Everybody in the world knows it and Jets fans are just hoping it isn't true. 

Well I feel a little better now. I just heard on NFL network that the Jets are bringing in both Bridgewater and McCown AND will be picking a QB in the draft where ever they pick. So I guess it means Macc will move up in the draft for one of the top 4. Maybe Rosen? I hate to be a skeptic but I will believe it when I see it.

Just now, peebag said:

What leverage?  How is Josh McCown being named starter week one do for the Jets and the fanbase?  Who would want to come and pay money to see that sh*tshow?

This just reeks of desperation on the side of the Jets.

I'm not even sure desperation is the right word...it's something really bad - might need to make up a new word for what the Jets reek of right now.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

PAC is terrible at posting about football. Just terrible.

The worst.  He's literally wrong, every single time.  And he's sooo predictable.  I legit said he would do this in the Watkins thread. Here is.

Maybe he just likes looking like a moron? 

1 minute ago, Pac said:

If the rookie isn't ready then yes.  Start McCown.

Why are you summoning me when I've literally been saying this is what's going to happen for months?

lmfao pure gold....pure gold. 

You're the gift that keeps on giving. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

The best part of this conversation?  The Jets are taking a mid-round flier and resigning Joshy. You know it.  I know it.  Everybody in the world knows it and Jets fans are just hoping it isn't true. 

Trying to find out who’s the least compelling mid-round QB. Torn between Kurt Benkert and Mike White.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well I feel a little better now. I just heard on NFL network that the Jets are bringing in both Bridgewater and McCown AND will be picking a QB in the draft where ever they pick. So I guess it means Macc will move up in the draft for one of the top 4. Maybe Rosen? I hate to be a skeptic but I will believe it when I see it.

How does a rookie QB get reps as a 3rd QB?   And wouldn't that mean they select a real project QB (maybe in second round?).  Seems like they may not trade up.

4 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I think Maccagnan had a deal with Bridgewater. He ran it by his boss, then Woody ran it by his bosses, and we ended up with mcCown. Something about purple drank and killing dogs and the flat earth. I dunno.

We're re-signing Michael Vick, too?

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

The worst.  He's literally wrong, every single time.  And he's sooo predictable.  I legit said he would do this in the Watkins thread. Here is.

Maybe he just likes looking like a moron? 

I actually feel bad for him. Like, so bad at this.

Just now, JiF said:

lmfao pure gold....pure gold. 

You're the gift that keeps on giving. 

I'm hoping this is some kind of inside joke otherwise you're kinda going Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind.

I've literally said at least 100 times that the only acceptable solutions are Cousins or McCown and a rookie.

Search is your friend.. 

godspeed.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Trying to find out who’s the least compelling mid-round QB. Torn between Kurt Benkert and Mike White.

I would also like to point out, that was Xmas Eve.  The season wasnt even ******* over.  That's how predictable this was. 

Just now, Dinamite said:

How does a rookie QB get reps as a 3rd QB?   And wouldn't that mean they select a real project QB (maybe in second round?).  Seems like they may not trade up.

Well I did say I will believe it when I see it so.....

Just now, Dinamite said:

This might be an appropriate time to remind everyone that Petty, as the backup QB to Josh McCown, got 0 first team reps in practice all season long prior to Josh getting injured. Stew on that for a bit. 

Just now, Pac said:

I'm hoping this is some kind of inside joke otherwise you're kinda going Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind.

I've literally said at least 100 times that the only acceptable solutions are Cousins or McCown and a rookie.

Search is your friend.. 

godspeed.

Yep. I did.  That's why were all laughing at you. 

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I would love to have Chubb on this team - but we HAVE to take a QB and one will be there.  Minkah can not be an option...

I don't know about you, but signing McCown for 10mil and naming him the starter has already given me a half Chubb.

39 minutes ago, Larz said:

Teddy knee insurance 

I will keep my pitch fork and torches in the barn until draft day 

If you’re taking out a 10M insurance policy on an injured player that’s never taken a snap for you, why not just not sign said player?

6 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Time is a flat circle with the jets.   Didn't we make this mistake with Fitz? Can't a rookie or someone else beat McCown in camp? Common!

No one can defend this. The NY Jets organization is pure failure. Starting with Woody Johnson,Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles. 

This team is the laughing stock of the NFL. 

We are the poster child for all thats wrong with a professional sports organization. 

Archived