Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's significantly more wrong than saying he's done an abysmal job. Also, in the overwhelming majority of cases I would agree with you as to the first point, but there are just so many massive systemi

Coward team being cowards.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

If you’re taking out a 10M insurance policy on an injured player that’s never taken a snap for you, why not just not sign said player?

I'm not interested in freaking out today. 

Play with someone else 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm hoping this is some kind of inside joke otherwise you're kinda going Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind.

I've literally said at least 100 times that the only acceptable solutions are Cousins or McCown and a rookie.

Search is your friend.. 

godspeed.

JiF - The best part of this conversation?  The Jets are taking a mid-round flier and resigning Joshy. You know it.  I know it.  Everybody in the world knows it and Jets fans are just hoping it isn't true. 

Pac - ok you're back to having rocks for brains...  for a second there I was worried I'd have to start agreeing with you regularly 

I made it easier for you, rocks for brains. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JiF said:

JiF - The best part of this conversation?  The Jets are taking a mid-round flier and resigning Joshy. You know it.  I know it.  Everybody in the world knows it and Jets fans are just hoping it isn't true. 

Pac - ok you're back to having rocks for brains...  for a second there I was worried I'd have to start agreeing with you regularly 

I made it easier for you, rocks for brains. 

This is your evidence?

I was replying to your belief that they were going to couple McCown with a "mid-round flyer"...  what part of a 1 year deal for McCown and talks with a potentially physically compromised Teddy makes you think they're going to pass on drafting a QB with the 1st pick?

Man you guys are dense..  HELLO?!

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

McCown starts.

Bridge #2.

Rookie gets no reps. 

This plan worked so well with Petty behind Fitz, Geno... the Hack behind all 3. No brainer to recreate the same scenario.

We’re not drafting a QB...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

How does a rookie QB get reps as a 3rd QB?   And wouldn't that mean they select a real project QB (maybe in second round?).  Seems like they may not trade up.

The same way they do on every just about every other NFL team?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pac said:

not you too lol..  my god it's like when people come to this site the part of the brain responsible for logic shuts down.

We may draft a QB, but we’ll do so at 6... Pending Bridgewater.  So, yes, there’s a chance we take the 4th QB on the board, but that’s probably not a good thing.  You think they’re trading up to 2 now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes we are, with our 1st and with each of our 2nds.  

See, it’s not fun to debate with you because you’re not quite bright enough to know you’re an idiot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

We may draft a QB, but we’ll do so at 6... Pending Bridgewater.  So, yes, there’s a chance we take the 4th QB on the board, but that’s probably not a good thing.  You think they’re trading up to 2 now?

Yes, I think there's a good chance they're trading up unless they like Jackson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

See, it’s not fun to debate with you because you’re not quite bright enough to know you’re an idiot.

But you keep doing it.  Its not fun and if true makes you the bigger idiot.  

The idiot who actually thinks hes smarter than GMs and as proof advocates the Browns drafting a QB at 1 and 4.  That makes you not only delusional but a complete idiot on top of it.  

Explains the need to call others idiot, FO 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The status of Bridgewater is critical now.  

I'm hoping when we lost Cousins that Mac got onto McCown but he also has to cover that off too and enquired about Bridgewater in case MCCown was gone.

Once McCown was signed there was no longer a need for Bridgewater cause we are going all in on a top QB in the draft.

That's what I hope. The variation could be that both Petty and Hack are gone and Mac/Bowles want to go with McCown,Bridgewater,Rookie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

this is almost EXACTLY what we did with Fitz. $10 million? Ten? Ten? WTF????????

That's starting money. Bowles and Mac are thinking "hey I saved my job being crappy with McClown. Let's do it again"

Holy f&*k

 

but this time...it's 2 million less! Progress!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Says the idiot who actually thinks hes smarter than GMs and as proof advocates the Browns drafting a QB at 1 and 4.  That makes you not only delusional but a complete idiot on top of it.    

Not smarter than GMs.

I said I could do a better job than Macc.  As could most on this board.  Because, it’d be hard to do worse.

Getting a QB matters.  That you don’t understand that is probably why you don’t think Macc has done an abysmal job and the Jets aren’t in terrible shape.

Im sorry you don’t get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yes, I think there's a good chance they're trading up unless they like Jackson.

There is 0 need for Bridgewater if they are trading up.  If McCown is hurt, pull a vet off the scrap heap if the QB you trade for isn’t ready.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely refuse to read the first 8 pages of this thread so forgive me if I repeat something someone else said. I NEED to know what team offered this 39 year old $9.5 MILLION AMERICAN DOLLARS for us to offer him 10. I NEED THIS INFORMATION, FOR MY SOUL.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, nothing but negativity.  I like McCown, for the price he's great.  Sure, he's not a franchise QB, but few QB's are, that's what makes them so special.  Sometimes you have to make due with what you've got.  And McCown is lockerroom friendly unlike some other QB's.  Barring landing Cousins (which everyone on here seems to also hate the thought of) that QB wasn't available in this year's Free Agency.  So, yeah, McCown for $10 million dollars is a good move.  Especially if you know you're gonna also get Bridgewater (not knowing if he's going to be reliable - injury), AND also draft a QB.  There's the caveat though, I STILL think that they NEED to draft a QB.

If anything we may even be able to trade up (not a Macc move I know) to secure one we really love since the Broncos picked up Keenum and the Browns have Tyrod.

 

 

C'mon JETS fans.  How about some positivity?

 

Flame away.....

 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YetiHigh5! said:

Wow, nothing but negativity.  I like McCown, for the price he's great.  Sure, he's not a franchise QB, but few QB's are, that's what makes them so special.  Sometimes you have to make due with what you've got.  And McCown is lockerroom friendly unlike some other QB's.  Barring landing Cousins (which everyone on here seems to also hate the thought of) that QB wasn't available in this year's Free Agency.  So, yeah, McCown for $10 million dollars is a good move.  Especially if you know you're gonna also get Bridgewater (not knowing if he's going to be reliable - injury), AND also draft a QB.  There's the caveat though, I STILL think that they NEED to draft a QB.

If anything we may even be able to trade up (not a Macc move I know) to secure one we really love since the Broncos picked up Keenum and the Browns have Tyrod.

 

 

C'mon JETS fans.  How about some positivity?

 

Flame away.....

 

You think McCown is worth ten million dollars? You think someone else was competing for his services anywhere near that price point?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If this doesn't piss you off then I am not sure anything the Jets do on draft day will piss you off. 

If Mccown wants to come back as a 3rd string QB behind Bridgewater and a rookie then sign for 5 million. Signing for 10 million means that if Bridgewater sucks or gets hurt, we will still never see the rookie QB. This move guarantees mediocrity and boring football for another 16 games. We have literally  nothing to look forward to next season. 

If we don't take a QB at 6 or higher I'll be pissed. For now though it looks like we aren't going be able to spend all our cap space on players that will actually help. I understand the thought that if McCown gets hurt we won't play the rookie but from what I have seen from bowles he has played the best QB each of the last 3 years. If the rookie can't beat out either of these two then he doesn't deserve to start anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...