I can't even....

Maxman

So like, since forever, I have been the one to defend the Jets. I have been critical at times but on days like today I have always defended them. Let the plan play out, giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I know they will draft the starting QB at # 6 next month. Or trade up. 

But 10 million for Josh McCown? He gets almost a 70% raise for what he did last year? Who else was offering McCown a contract today for anything close to that amount? Who are they competing against?

This is a feel good story? If you like throwing up, this is a feel good story, that's about it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So like, since forever, I have been the one to defend the Jets. I have been critical at times but on days like today I have always defended them. Let the plan play out, giving them the benefit of the doubt.

But 10 million for Josh McCown? He gets almost a 70% raise for what he did last year? Who else was offering McCown a contract today for anything close to that amount? Who are they competing against?

This is a feel good story? If you like throwing up, this is a feel good story, that's about it.

They will not, in fact, draft a quarterback in the first round next month.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Sam Bradford got 20 M dollars from the Cardinals. This is a ******* bargain compared to that

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Its ok, we are drafting the very bestest qb in the draft at 6. On another note, Im watching the Browns and Jags wins tonight. Wanna come over?

Here’s my feeling. When is the last time we made a splash early in free agency. No Jimmy Graham, no Butler, no Watkins. We always get the dented can.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I don’t mind this tbh.  McCown played like an above average starter in the league last year.  He’s a FA, knows the system, isn’t going to make a fuss if he has to play backup and we are looking at backup money for only a one year deal when he performed far above his paygrade last year. 

The entire league has price inflation at the qb position, so yea it was going to be expensive.I think if we didn’t offer him this sort of money that he likely would have retired.

I also like the Bridgewater signing.  High risk, high reward + a safety valve in McCown.  oh, and we can finally sack the national embarrassments in Hack and Petty after training camp.

41 minutes ago, Maxman said:

wait they offered the guy 10 mil ? then are signing Crapwater ? I don't even know how to process this I just don't

Im a lifelong diehard fan I am in fact sick to my stomach over the latest news. 

I feel bad for those of you who own PSL's and season tickets. 

This organization is so not about winning, they keep repeating failure over and over again. 

I am very angry and frustrated with this team. 

Today is not a good day. 

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

PSLs. Investment gold.

Today was just another day for me as I've known since December that there was no way Kirk Cousins was coming here.

Watching the rest of you implode has been entertaining, I give you that. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

What if they don’t draft a QB at 6?

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im a lifelong diehard fan I am in fact sick to my stomach over the latest news. 

I feel bad for those of you who own PSL's and season tickets. 

This organization is so not about winning, they keep repeating failure over and over again. 

I am very angry and frustrated with this team. 

Today is not a good day. 

I told everyone we should've kept Mark Sanchez but no one would listen. It's been nothing but crap and heartbreak at the quarterback position ever since he left. 

Today is a very good day for casual fans, season-ticket holder's, and PSL owners. We avoided disaster by not signing a 30-year-old quarterback who hasn't proven anything. Maccagnan is now forced to trade up in the draft to get one of the four blue-chip quarterbacks and we have that to look forward to. 

Chin up. 

SAR I

Archived