I can't even....

Maxman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

So like, since forever, I have been the one to defend the Jets. I have been critical at times but on days like today I have always defended them. Let the plan play out, giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I know they will draft the starting QB at # 6 next month. Or trade up. 

But 10 million for Josh McCown? He gets almost a 70% raise for what he did last year? Who else was offering McCown a contract today for anything close to that amount? Who are they competing against?

This is a feel good story? If you like throwing up, this is a feel good story, that's about it.

Are you ready to reconsider winning five meaningless games last year now?  How good would it feel to have won 3 games and be drafting in the 3-hole?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They will not, in fact, draft a quarterback in the first round next month.

Of course not they will pick an undersized but very fast LBer and try to turn him into an outside pass rusher. The Jets ALWAYS pick defense first

Sanchez did great the last 

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I told everyone we should've kept Mark Sanchez but no one would listen. It's been nothing but crap and heartbreak at the quarterback position ever since he left. 

Today is a very good day for casual fans, season-ticket holder's, and PSL owners. We avoided disaster by not signing a 30-year-old quarterback who hasn't proven anything. Maccagnan is now forced to trade up in the draft to get one of the four blue-chip quarterbacks and we have that to look forward to. 

Chin up. 

SAR I

A or B

1A21F24D-A8E2-4659-8323-113A1BF2CFFF.png

1E1ABB02-9CDA-4706-95C4-30209EC32B2D.png

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

Yeah I cant defend them anymore either. This makes no sense. Why sign him today? They shouldn’t even be taking his phone calls at this point in free agency. Let alone signing him to 10 mil. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I wouldn’t spend .10 cents calling that bum. I wouldn’t call him collect. I would call him loser, douchebag, scrub, dirtbag, putz, birdbrain, wannabe, biatch, McClown BUT I’d never call him Josh. 

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

So like, since forever, I have been the one to defend the Jets. I have been critical at times but on days like today I have always defended them. Let the plan play out, giving them the benefit of the doubt.

But 10 million for Josh McCown? He gets almost a 70% raise for what he did last year? Who else was offering McCown a contract today for anything close to that amount? Who are they competing against?

This is a feel good story? If you like throwing up, this is a feel good story, that's about it.

Didn’t Mac give fitzgarbage 12 for 1 yr ?

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I told everyone we should've kept Mark Sanchez but no one would listen. It's been nothing but crap and heartbreak at the quarterback position ever since he left. 

Today is a very good day for casual fans, season-ticket holder's, and PSL owners. We avoided disaster by not signing a 30-year-old quarterback who hasn't proven anything. Maccagnan is now forced to trade up in the draft to get one of the four blue-chip quarterbacks and we have that to look forward to. 

Chin up. 

SAR I

They're not drafting a QB now.  Defense again in the 1st.

I'm not gonna blame our GM. He's standing there in his office pen in one hand fist full of money in the other willing to overpay and sign any player that will take our money. Apparently our head coach has bad body odor or some kind of active repellant!

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They will not, in fact, draft a quarterback in the first round next month.

I'm skeptical as well.  A guy like Kirk Cousins gets $28M per year guaranteed for 3 years you know the league is utterly desperate for QBs.  There are supposedly 4 tier 1 QBs in this draft.  There's a very real chance they (along with Barkley) will be taken in the 1st 5 picks.  Macc is really in a bad spot here and don't think other GMs don't know it.   They'll clean the Jets out of our top picks this and next year.

But again, we can look back fondly on those 5 inspirational wins last year!

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Chin up. 

SAR I

I'm pretty sure he's available (and at a cheap price) if Macc wants him.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Can't disagree, the thing that's disappointing is the execution/presentation
of the plan has been disjointed.  Once Cousins was off the board we should've
had our "ducks lined up" and we should've been signing guys like an assembly
line.  If we sign our key positions (QB, C, CB, OLB) in the next day or two
this will blow over but for now you have to be skeptical

17 minutes ago, KRL said:

But what QB can we sign at this point though?  Brees and Cousins are both off the market.  I wouldn't have minded Bridgewater because I could see him turning things around but I don't know if he made sense with what we need right now.  We're probably going to figure out a way to draft a QB but he might need to sit for a while.  Could we go into next season possibly counting on Bridgewater to play all 16 games (if the rookie isn't ready)?  Petty is probably gone and I get the feeling Bowles considers Hack to be an afterthought.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Chin up. 

SAR I

I'm much more upset that we didn't get any of Norwood, Allen Robinson or Paul Richardson.  Heck... I'd even be content with Watkins.  And I wanted Burton if we werent bringing back ASJ.  I got none of those things.  They won't play for this offense.  Offensive players take one sniff of Bowles and go running for the door.  These 2 morons just have to go.  And I don't trust Mac and his blind scouts to evaluate the QBs sufficiently to know which one to draft.  He is not capable of evaluating talent at the position.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Chin up. 

SAR I

Instead they signed a 39 year old QB his name is Josh McCown.

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

But what QB can we sign at this point though?  Brees and Cousins are both off the market.  I wouldn't have minded Bridgewater because I could see him turning things around but I don't know if he made sense with what we need right now.  We're probably going to figure out a way to draft a QB but he might need to sit for a while.  Could we go into next season possibly counting on Bridgewater to play all 16 games (if the rookie isn't ready)?  Petty is probably gone and I get the feeling Bowles considers Hack to be an afterthought.

We need to finalize a deal with Bridgewater a 25 year old QB who was a starter for two years

would be a good investment 

Just now, KRL said:

We need to finalize a deal with Bridgewater a 25 year old QB who was a starter for two years

I'd be okay with it as long as it didn't preclude us from drafting a QB at #6 (or trading up).  Or at least let the Jets draft Kyle Lauletta in round 2.

I guess Bowles is really in charge. I cant wrap my head around any other scenario that makes sense. We are literally repeating history with resigning the over-achieving veteran JAG and anointing him the starter. Has to be Bowles, all he wants is his veteran JAG and once we lost out on Cousins he probably went into full panic mode. We obviously learned absolutely nothing from history. It is like we WANT to be completely mediocre. Why do I follow a team this is this stupid?

Make no mistake, we draft defense in round 1. If we dont maybe things can be salvaged but Bowles wouldnt play a rookie or even give him snaps anyway.

13 minutes ago, KRL said:

You see something in Bridgewater that I don't. But Bowles sees something in any geriatric vet that only he sees.  

15 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I guess Bowles is really in charge. I cant wrap my head around any other scenario that makes sense. We are literally repeating history with resigning the over-achieving veteran JAG and anointing him the starter. Has to be Bowles, all he wants is his veteran JAG and once we lost out on Cousins he probably went into full panic mode. We obviously learned absolutely nothing from history. It is like we WANT to be completely mediocre. Why do I follow a team this is this stupid?

Make no mistake, we draft defense in round 1. If we dont maybe things can be salvaged but Bowles wouldnt play a rookie or even give him snaps anyway.

If Macc drafts defense in round 1 I think there will be a revolt.  (That doesn't mean I'm saying Macc won't draft defense in the 1st round).

17 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We WILL NOT draft defense in Round 1.  Get the sand out of your vagina and calm down

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

It’s a 1 yr deal.  

Last season..

Breakdown of Josh McCown's one-year, $6 million contract with the Jets: The $6 million is fully guaranteed. He receives $125,000 for each game in which he plays 50 percent or more of the snaps (max: $2 million). He receives another $2 million if the team makes the playoffs (with 65 percent play time). He gets another $1.5 million if they reach the Super Bowl (with 65 percent play time) and $1.5 million if they win the Super Bowl (65 percent).

51 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm much more upset that we didn't get any of Norwood, Allen Robinson or Paul Richardson.  Heck... I'd even be content with Watkins.  And I wanted Burton if we werent bringing back ASJ.  I got none of those things.  They won't play for this offense.  Offensive players take one sniff of Bowles and go running for the door.  These 2 morons just have to go.  And I don't trust Mac and his blind scouts to evaluate the QBs sufficiently to know which one to draft.  He is not capable of evaluating talent at the position.  

Agree completely on Bowles, but I believe that every decent head coach or up-and-coming HC prospect would have rejected Maccagnan just like all the quality free agents are.  If a bunch of players on second contracts think we're NFL Siberia, just imagine what the coaching community must think of us.

Bowles good for one thing- he is a disposable head coach under contract.  Instead of getting lousy head coaching table scraps this year, with a blue-chip QB prospect and a rebuild that's bearing fruit we can attract the quality HC that we need next year.  It's a process.  I truly believe that.

SAR I

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Instead they signed a 39 year old QB his name is Josh McCown.

That's fine.  The backup doesn't matter.  Might as well be McCown who appears on his way to a coaching career, he's a good team guy, he's harmless.

Whoever we draft next month will be the starting QB on opening day.  Focus on that.  We're trading up.  Macca has no choice.  It's happening.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Word just came out that it looks like Bridgewater is in fact coming here on a 1 year deal. Maybe your "I know they will draft the starting QB at #6" should read "I think".

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

I really don’t think they are drafting a QB. Bowles wants no part of a rookie QB, and Mac, is Bowles’ bitch.

Bowles is under orders to follow orders this year.  That's going to cause it's own problems, but we'll see a kid rookie under center on opening day.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bowles is under orders to follow orders this year.  That's going to cause it's own problems, but we'll see a kid rookie under center on opening day.

SAR I

We just spent (potentially) $15M on McCown and Bridgewater but you think a rookie will start on opening day?  Unless injuries force Bowles' hand, I just don't see it.

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We just spent (potentially) $15M on McCown and Bridgewater but you think a rookie will start on opening day?  Unless injuries force Bowles' hand, I just don't see it.

Insurance QB's don't play. They're expensive because you have to pay a non-hometown premium to get players to come here. Bridgewater especially, why would he want to play behind this offense of line, in an outdoor stadium, in cold weather? Money. 

Rookie impresses in camp and wins the starting job over McCown after the Bridgewater injury.  Book it.

SAR I

2 hours ago, KRL said:

It took longer than I wanted but the assembly line of signings has taken place.

Nice recovery by the team

Archived