Report: Jets Tell McCown he’s Starter for ’18

JetNation

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JiF said:

What amazes me about this sh*t is that many of us predicted this and were called trolls or SOJFs and told we had rocks for brains from people who legit follow this team daily for 30 plus years.  

I got ridiculed for saying McCown was about to get a $40 million extension 

1 minute ago, TJ said:

10 Million guaranteed.  What' his deal, 18 Million?  And he' named the  starter?  I guess we're not trading up for Josh Rosen.  Stupid Jets....... ? 

Even worse, Rosen falls to 6 and Macc takes Minkah

How does a team check off both of these boxes:

• not a prayer for being the team's FQB of the future
  • not a prayer for QBing the team to a superbowl in the short term

and then - in March, before a QB-loaded draft where we start out picking 6th at worst - tell him that he's the team's starting QB?

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

How does a team check off both of these boxes:

• not a prayer for being the team's FQB of the future
  • not a prayer for QBing the team to a superbowl in the short term

and then - in March, before a QB-loaded draft where we start out picking 6th at worst - tell him that he's the team's starting QB?

Because he didnt

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Source confirms #Jets have informed Josh McCown he will go into training camp as the starter. Which makes perfectly reasonable sense. Also guarantees nothing about the identity of the Week 1 starter. Why would Jets set that in stone now?

Todd Bowles is the HC. That's really all that needs to be said there. I'd bet my house McCown starts week 1.

If Josh McCown is starting week 1 the Jets season is over. Only the Jets would bet on a 39 year old journeyman QB to do something he's never done before. WIN GAMES. I'm sure McCown is a great guy but the man is a loser. He's 23-50 as a QB. 

The only move that made any sense after Cousins was signed was either Bradford, Keenum, or Bridgewater with a rookie QB drafted in the 1st round. 

I can't possibly believe that the Jets are prepared to sacrifice another season but that's what it looks like. Macc and Bowles must feel pretty comfortable about their job security because the season is going nowhere if McCown is the opening day starter.

They need to sign Bridgewater and draft a QB in round 1.

Archived