JetNation

Report: Jets Tell McCown he’s Starter for ’18

Rate this topic

IMG_1835.jpg

It’s deja-vu all over again.

Calvin Watkins of Newsday is reporting that a source claims the Jets have told Josh McCown he’ll be the teams starting quarterback after signing him to a one-year deal with $10 million guaranteed.

Whether or not McCown is the starter when the season rolls around in September remains to be seen, but it’s an eerily similar situation to that of Ryan Fitzpatrick whom Todd Bowles gifted the starting job to two years ago, only to have it blow up in his face.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
ruZf3ecnwkM

Click here to read the full story...

If this report is true it's a complete joke. McCown and a draft pick is not acceptable. He shouldn't even be here. The early signs don't look good for the Jets. 2018 is shaping up to be another wasted season.

McCown rejoining as a starter just minimized our chance of landing Bridgewater, and added on the chances of taking a QB. McCown would be an ideal mentor to a young QB, I'm not bothered. It's not like we're a win now team and have so much to lose at this point (Other than hopefully Bowles, and Macc's job).

I hope this is just the media trying to stir up a very emotional Jet fan base right now, or an always emotional fan base. I don't think you can name a starter when free agency, the draft, OTAs, minicamp, and the preseason hasn't started yet.

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

McCown rejoining as a starter just minimized our chance of landing Bridgewater, and added on the chances of taking a QB. McCown would be an ideal mentor to a young QB, I'm not bothered. It's not like we're a win now team and have so much to lose at this point (Other than hopefully Bowles, and Macc's job).

McCown is an NFL loser how can a loser QB mentor a QB to win. 

Sick and tired of hearing this sh*t about him being a good mentor.