Jump to content

Report: Jets Tell McCown he’s Starter for ’18


JetNation
 Share

Recommended Posts

Remember when Josh McCown was declared the starter going into training camp last season and got the majority of the #1 reps, and we we're like, "nahhhhh it's just for training camp, besides Josh has the most experience so it makes sense, but it won't stay that way come Week 1"...

 

 

And then it did?

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:
Ralph VacchianoVerified account @RVacchianoSNY

Even with Josh McCown on board and Teddy Bridgewater in the works, I would not be shocked if the Jets use the No. 6 pick on a QB too. ... Lots of time until Draft Day, though.

Good.  Use the 2nd and 3rd picks on QB too for all I care.

Just don't start McCown! 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I can't possibly believe that the Jets are prepared to sacrifice another season but that's what it looks like. Macc and Bowles must feel pretty comfortable about their job security because the season is going nowhere if McCown is the opening day starter.

This is  what I don't understand.  The team has already scraped bottom.  What exactly are they waiting for and what are they trying to do???  Whether Mac and Bowles have 100 year contracts or are fighting for their jobs, why the hell wouldn't they want to improve the team as quickly as possible???

This organization is hopeless.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not in the least surprised. In fact, I’ve been saying this since he was proclaimed the starter in 2017 that he would be resigned as the starter in 2018.  I knew this would happen. How could any of you not know this would happen. You’re all a bunch of hopeless idealists. It’s why I started drinking again. To prepare myself for this day.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh GOD consider the evolution of a Jets Homer today: 

8a: We’re gonna sign Cousins and...

10a: Well, there are some other good options out th...

2p: Bridgewater at least is better than McC...

3p. Well, at least they’re not giving McCown a lot of mon...

5p: it’s not like they’re bringing McCown in to start...

6p: ????

6p: Leaked: Minkah did great in his combine interview with the Jets......

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh GOD consider the evolution of a Jets Homer today: 

8a: We’re gonna sign Cousins and...

10a: Well, there are some other good options out th...

2p: Bridgewater at least is better than McC...

3p. Well, at least they’re not giving McCown a lot of mon...

5p: it’s not like they’re bringing McCown in to start...

6p: ????

6pm Lets Go Mets 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Remember when Josh McCown was declared the starter going into training camp last season and got the majority of the #1 reps, and we we're like, "nahhhhh it's just for training camp, besides Josh has the most experience so it makes sense, but it won't stay that way come Week 1"...

 

 

And then it did?

No I remember "You haterz are idiots. $6m is backup money. It's chump change. There's no way he's starting unless everyone else is injured."

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are they consciously trying to infuriate their own fan base, or just the most incompetent losers to ever run and NFL franchise. Recall Mel Kiper the day of the draft"THE NEW YORK JETS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A #6 pick in a draft loaded with QBs, several established QBs up for grabs through UDFA or trade, and the best Macc and Bowles can do is re-sign Josh McClown is the starting QB next season? if that happens, I hope Macc and Bowles can afford to live on unemployment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

A #6 pick in a draft loaded with QBs, several established QBs up for grabs through UDFA or trade, and the best Macc and Bowles can do is re-sign Josh McClown is the starting QB next season? if that happens, I hope Macc and Bowles can afford to live on unemployment.

Chris Johnson believes in them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...