Busiest day ever on JetNation - Tues 3/13/18

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes, pretty crazy when you put it in that context. Because that Favre stuff went on all day. I know we did over 3,000 posts that day.

Yesterdays final tally was actually over 4,600 posts.

Yea Max because he actually signed late that night and we went nuts for days

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes, pretty crazy when you put it in that context. Because that Favre stuff went on all day. I know we did over 3,000 posts that day.

Yesterdays final tally was actually over 4,600 posts.

I wonder what the post-to-user ratio was back then though.

11 hours ago, Savage69 said:

I can do Martin for you..:) I wasn’t the biggest football fan to begin with, but if I was going to play, I didn’t want to play for what was in my mind the worst team, ever,” Martin recalled Monday afternoon in a Midtown steakhouse. “I looked at the Jets as the bottom of the barrel.”

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/07/curtis_martin_never_liked_foot.html

Wow was this a depressing read.

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well mixed in with all the craziness today we set a record. The busiest day ever on JetNation.

Shattered 4,000 posts today.

We know you are all dysfunctional. But damn you guys are passionate.

Thank you.

Meanwhile, at the Maxmansion:

2WWbesi.gif

I would imagine JetNation is probably the most popular Jets fan forum on Al Gore's interwebz.  It would be interesting to list out every team's most popular fan forum though (certainly if one towers above the rest like JN does).  

On a side note, I'm grateful to the absolute morons who ran the forums at NJ.com into the ground.  Without them, I wouldn't have ended up here.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Everybody who helped make it a monumental day should get a JetNation t-shirt or decal. 

Great idea. $25 each includes shipping, please send the money to paypal@JetNation.com and include your shirt size and mailing address.

Funny part about Jet Nation is that considering it's start, it shouldn't even be here.  Most message boards that are formed by disgruntled posters who got kicked off the original board fail.  That's because usually the people who run the new board quickly show why the old board kicked 'em off in the first place.

Here, the disgruntleds put together a board that is still going strong when the original board failed.  

What do we call that-JetNation Exceptionalism?

32 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Funny part about Jet Nation is that considering it's start, it shouldn't even be here.  Most message boards that are formed by disgruntled posters who got kicked off the original board fail.  That's because usually the people who run the new board quickly show why the old board kicked 'em off in the first place.

Here, the disgruntleds put together a board that is still going strong when the original board failed.  

What do we call that-JetNation Exceptionalism?

You are 100% correct. Luckily, we did the right thing when we started to not let what you described ruin us. @T0mShane was really smart and guided things in a very good direction. He recommended the site name and we were able to take a fresh start. Seriously can not thank Tom enough, the guy is next level smart.

The other big factor is that we were made the enemy by sooth and ji.  We always spoke nicely of that site, and all the posters there. Our problem was always with sooth. He should have embraced us, we would have had a much harder time. Instead he provided a lot of hate and drama and it fueled us that first year.

We were like a little honey badger site. Small but feisty.

Now there is no stopping us.  :)

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You are 100% correct. Luckily, we did the right thing when we started to not let what you described ruin us. @T0mShane was really smart and guided things in a very good direction. He recommended the site name and we were able to take a fresh start. Seriously can not thank Tom enough, the guy is next level smart.

The other big factor is that we were made the enemy by sooth and ji.  We always spoke nicely of that site, and all the posters there. Our problem was always with sooth. He should have embraced us, we would have had a much harder time. Instead he provided a lot of hate and drama and it fueled us that first year.

We were like a little honey badger site. Small but feisty.

Now there is no stopping us.  :)

No one speaks the language of the Jets fan more fluently than me. No one knows how to get inside their brains like me. I am the puppetmaster. The ear worm, if you will.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

No one speaks the language of the Jets fan more fluently than me. No one knows how to get inside their brains like me. I am the puppetmaster. The ear worm, if you will.

Yes, we've all considered you the Enterobius vermicularis of JetNation.

On 3/14/2018 at 7:26 AM, Savage69 said:

I can do Martin for you..:) I wasn’t the biggest football fan to begin with, but if I was going to play, I didn’t want to play for what was in my mind the worst team, ever,” Martin recalled Monday afternoon in a Midtown steakhouse. “I looked at the Jets as the bottom of the barrel.”

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/07/curtis_martin_never_liked_foot.html

Savage! Right on cue?

Out of curiosity, is there an easy way to compile the 10 or so busiest days ever? I know I did over 1,000 posts just by myself back on December 11 when the 100k thread hit its goal. I would be interested to know what the total for that day was. 

That said, for the sake of context, we were 5-8 at that point and coming off the shutout in Denver so there probably wasn't much else going on besides the usual doom-and-gloom and "where we gonna draft" posts which follow a later-season loss. 

6 hours ago, Bombdirt said:

Out of curiosity, is there an easy way to compile the 10 or so busiest days ever? I know I did over 1,000 posts just by myself back on December 11 when the 100k thread hit its goal. I would be interested to know what the total for that day was. 

That said, for the sake of context, we were 5-8 at that point and coming off the shutout in Denver so there probably wasn't much else going on besides the usual doom-and-gloom and "where we gonna draft" posts which follow a later-season loss. 

Here are the top 12 days in JetNation history.

post.PNG

• 1 month later...

Archived