LAD_Brooklyn

Cardinal release Honey Badger Tyrann Mathieu - MERGED

If Todd can’t recruit this kid then who can he?  Don’t tell me they want Parker over Honey Badger!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Todddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd sign him!

Bowles isn't like Rex, but this should be the one situation where Bowles should be using his history with a player to bring him in. I don't want to see the giants snag this kid from us because Bowles is too busy watching Orlando brown do bench presses at his pro day. 

Honeybadger.jpg

Weeks after being recruited by fellow LSU alum Jamal Adams, it looks like Tyrann Mathieu, otherwise known as “The Honeybadger”, will be let go by the Arizona Cardinals as the two sides couldn’t come to an agreement on a re-structured contract.

On March 1st, we ran this story about Jets safety Jamal Adams encouraging his fellow Tiger to come to New York and join the Jets’ secondary.

If the Jets are looking to add Mathieau, he won’t come cheap, but as one of the best slot corners/safeties in the league, it would be worth bringing him in.  If the Jets wanted to free up some money to make such a move, parting ways with cornerback Buster Skrine would free up approximately $6 million.

Stay tuned, folks.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
qFoFziWmoMc

Click here to read the full story...

1 minute ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Idk how they could find out so fast but NFL Network are claiming the Giants and Jets may have interest in him.

connecting the dots. Giants D Coord coached in AZ.  Bowles was his D Coord and his stepdaughter is/was dating him 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Bowles isn't like Rex, but this should be the one situation where Bowles should be using his history with a player to bring him in. I don't want to see the giants snag this kid from us because Bowles is too busy watching Orlando brown do bench presses at his pro day. 

Bowles isn't there. Mcc is

Rich Cimini (@RichCimini)

3/14/18, 1:35 PM

Todd Bowles knows Mathieau from his days in Arizona, but I don't see a reunion happening. twitter.com/TheAdams_era/s…

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini (@RichCimini)

3/14/18, 1:35 PM

Todd Bowles knows Mathieau from his days in Arizona, but I don't see a reunion happening. twitter.com/TheAdams_era/s…

And I don’t see Cimini ever writing something good. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes, lets sign another safety.  Brilliant.

The Arizona Cardinals’ Tyrann Mathieu is one of the league’s best players this season, and has a real case to make as Defensive Player of the Year—but we seem to spend half our time trying to classify him at one set position or another.

So, let’s clear that up right now.

The Cardinals list Mathieu as a safety, because in base defense, that’s what he plays most of the time. In their base 3-4 defense, Mathieu lines up as a safety 77.6 percent of the time—but the Cardinals only play base defense on 33 percent of their defensive snaps.

In almost all other sub-packages, Mathieu plays cornerback, primarily, though he has played in pretty much every position in the back seven at one point this season.

Overall, he has been on the field for 720 defensive snaps this season. Of those 720 snaps, 66.7 percent of them have been at cornerback (mostly slot), with just 24.4 percent at strong safety, and 8.9 percent at free safety.

• Upvote 4

is he still with Bowles' stepdaughter?  If not then he probably isn't coming here..  maybe that's what Cimini is talking about.

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Wonder what Mathieu's reaction to being relased was?

Honey badger dont give a f*ck!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pac said:

is he still with Bowles' stepdaughter?  If not then he probably isn't coming here..  maybe that's what Cimini is talking about.

Yes. Cost your kids grandfather his job. Classy.

He’s one of the most talented defensive players in the league. I’d seriously donate my left nut if he would sign here. 

Cut Skrine and sign this guy now!! Plus, I think he has a child with Bowles’ step daughter. Bowles has failed in every aspect since being hired. Don’t **** this one up. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And I don’t see Cimini ever writing something good. 

He was on Mccown & Teddy for a couple of weeks