Cardinal release Honey Badger Tyrann Mathieu - MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Don’t they have no state income tax?

I don't think they do. And in NJ it is 8.97% for high earners like that. Not sure about the whole NY \ NJ thing who the players pay taxes to. I am sure NY is higher. So it is a lot of money you save by playing there. But you make that up by eating 600k worth of free dinners in NYC.

Just now, Maxman said:

I don't think they do. And in NJ it is 8.97% for high earners like that. Not sure about the whole NY \ NJ thing who the players pay taxes to. I am sure NY is higher. So it is a lot of money you save by playing there. But you make that up by eating 600k worth of free dinners in NYC.

I like how Bourgeois Max just casually knows off hand what the tax rate is for high earners 

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Not 100% sure but i believe that they pay taxes to the area that they play that week so 1/2 the games they pay NJ state tax and away games they pay taxes to those jurisdictions.

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

TX has NO State Income Tax

3 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

TX has NO State Income Tax

Yes, we know. That is what TT2 said. We were referencing how it is more expensive for a player to play for the Jets (and other teams really).

30 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Guys there is literally zero chance we take Minkah Fitzpatrick or any DB at 6... People on the forum like to have fun with it because of the safeties last year 

It's so played out and lame at this point.  It's unbelievable that people can look at the last couple days and STILL think we're targeting a corner..  such a crazy thought process.

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

It's so played out and lame at this point.  It's unbelievable that people can look at the last couple days and STILL think we're targeting a corner..  such a crazy thought process.

Tyrann Mathieu could have been used many ways here most notedly as a replacement for Buster Skrine in the dime package, he could have also been used as a hybrid S/CB/LB/Edge Rusher  in multiple defensive schemes,he is a dimensional player with a lot of skillset and he has a nose for the football. Todd Bowles is supposed to be a mastermind defensive guru, my thought process was Tyrann was a weapon no other team would have. Call me crazy but for what the Texans paid him vs what we are paying Buster Skrine we lost out. 

20 minutes ago, Pac said:

I think it come under the heading "Wouldn't it be cool if ? ".

47 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This sales tax thing screws over ny team in baseball too. Only difference is there is no salary cap. Even though luxury tax is a soft cap. Time they raised the cap for teams that have sales tax. 

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Tyrann Mathieu could have been used many ways here most notedly as a replacement for Buster Skrine in the dime package, he could have also been used as a hybrid S/CB/LB/Edge Rusher  in multiple defensive schemes,he is a dimensional player with a lot of skillset and he has a nose for the football. Todd Bowles is supposed to be a mastermind defensive guru, my thought process was Tyrann was a weapon no other team would have. Call me crazy but for what the Texans paid him vs what we are paying Buster Skrine we lost out. 

No brainer.  Mathieu > Skrine

1 hour ago, JetFanatic said:

Exactly.  Our defense still has Leonard Williams, Lee (who will take another step forward) Jenkins, Johnson, Claiborne, Maye, Adams and we're going to hopefully add an impact OLB and another CB.  The more I calm myself and think straight the better I feel.  We're going to be okay.

Players play, they don’t dance like a bunch of faggots.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Since the players work (play games) in NJ, they pay taxes in NJ. 

Guy got cut for not taking a pay cut and ended up getting even less on the open market where any team was free to sign him for just money, plus only got a 1 year deal.... doesn’t seem like as big of a missed opportunity as you guys are making it out to be 

Players don't turn teams down because of a GM they turn teams down because of a moron of a head coach. Who even knows if Tyrann thinks Bowles is a complete Idiot ? He certainly has the inside track I'm sure they have discussed football.

The move this team needs to make is to jettison Bowles the hell out of here

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I don't think he was ever coming here. The family situation must difficult since I don't think he's with Todd's step daughter any more?

I think Mrs Todd had more to say about this than Macc.

Todd Bowles the gift that keeps on giving, maybe next year when he's gone we land the Honey Badger! 

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Players don't turn teams down because of a GM they turn teams down because of a moron of a head coach. Who even knows if Tyrann thinks Bowles is a complete Idiot ? He certainly has the inside track I'm sure they have discussed football.

There is not one person who has ever worked with or for Todd Bowles who has anything but praise for the man. The only place his intelligence, knowledge, and work ethic is ever questioned is by people who do not know him.

I am so ******* tired of this kind of crap. If you don't like him as a HC because he is too conservative, that's fine. Just say that. But, he is not costing the Jets free agents. 

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

What amazes me most is that people read what players say, openly about coaches and then totally ignore what is said.  Everyone who has ever worked under Bowles has nothing but respect for the man, yet we constantly question whether players would play for this so called moron.  I get you wish he was viewed that way but from current players, players hes coached in the past, the media and others he's viewed, rightfully or wrongly, completely differently.  

25 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

There is not one person who has ever worked with or for Todd Bowles who has anything but praise for the man. The only place his intelligence, knowledge, and work ethic is ever questioned is by people who do not know him.

I am so ******* tired of this kind of crap. If you don't like him as a HC because he is too conservative, that's fine. Just say that. But, he is not costing the Jets free agents. 

conservative ? you think that's the only reason fans don't like the guy ? You think analysts are going to come out and bash a head coach out in the open ? You can play conservative when you have a great defense only problem is we don't have a great defense anymore. 

He lost an entire locker room a few years back then claimed as if nothing was wrong until all the dirt started to spew out.

He's terrible at time management and has not shown any signs of improvement since hes been here. His half time adjustments are non existent and he keeps a Defensive coordinator on the fcuking pay roll and keeps taking play calling duties from him over and over. 

You think players don't talk to one another ? He refuses to play our young QB's hanging on to any possible thread he could. He refused to play Hackenberg and now with out even a snap from a second round pick hes probably going to be released since we signed McCown again and Teddy Mediocre Bridgewater and will probably draft a QB. We going to keep 4 again and not give any snaps to the new guy ? You forget the first year Hack was here they said they were not even going to start working with him until seasons end ?

He stands on the sidelines with that stupid look on his face not even arguing with Refs to at least gain a non call here and there like Parcell's used to do. How many stupid red flags do we have to see and lost timeouts ? 

Todd Bowles may be a nice guy and even a smart man but hes a terrible head coach and the funny thing about your post is that you just assumed I didnt like Bowles based on him being conservative when him being conservative is the least of his problems .

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What amazes me most is that people read what players say, openly about coaches and then totally ignore what is said.  Everyone who has ever worked under Bowles has nothing but respect for the man, yet we constantly question whether players would play for this so called moron.  I get you wish he was viewed that way but from current players, players hes coached in the past, the media and others he's viewed, rightfully or wrongly, completely differently.  

Because Like I said earlier all players and analysts just love to burn bridges in the NFL on a regular basis. No matter what Todd Bowles personality hes a terrible HC and he displays that every year hes been here.

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Because Like I said earlier all players and analysts just love to burn bridges in the NFL on a regular basis. No matter what Todd Bowles personality hes a terrible HC and he displays that every year hes been here.

Don’t worry Bowles and Macagnan will both be gone this time next year.  Robby won’t be able to save them next season

19 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

conservative ? you think that's the only reason fans don't like the guy ? You think analysts are going to come out and bash a head coach out in the open ? You can play conservative when you have a great defense only problem is we don't have a great defense anymore. 

He lost an entire locker room a few years back then claimed as if nothing was wrong until all the dirt started to spew out.

He's terrible at time management and has not shown any signs of improvement since hes been here. His half time adjustments are non existent and he keeps a Defensive coordinator on the fcuking pay roll and keeps taking play calling duties from him over and over. 

You think players don't talk to one another ? He refuses to play our young QB's hanging on to any possible thread he could. He refused to play Hackenberg and now with out even a snap from a second round pick hes probably going to be released since we signed McCown again and Teddy Mediocre Bridgewater and will probably draft a QB. We going to keep 4 again and not give any snaps to the new guy ? You forget the first year Hack was here they said they were not even going to start working with him until seasons end ?

He stands on the sidelines with that stupid look on his face not even arguing with Refs to at least gain a non call here and there like Parcell's used to do. How many stupid red flags do we have to see and lost timeouts ? 

Todd Bowles may be a nice guy and even a smart man but hes a terrible head coach and the funny thing about your post is that you just assumed I didnt like Bowles based on him being conservative when him being conservative is the least of his problems .

The best head coach on the jets is the friggin quarterback McCown

Archived