Cardinal release Honey Badger Tyrann Mathieu - MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Macc has been pretty busy the last two days. He’s had to fly to Oklahoma for Mayfield Pro Day and then fly out to Cali for Josh Rosen’s Pro Day. I know we signed a kicker today, but I think hammering out a Badger contract will be a little more time consuming and will require more attention to do. So when he comes back tomorrow, we may have a good deal set to lay out. Just my opinion.

And perhaps maybe Honey Badger is waiting for the return of the Macc for said contract proposal????

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Can't be much.  Spotrac has them at about $26 mil, but that is before signing Graham and Wilkerson.

According to overthecap.com, Packers could cut Clay Matthews and save $11 million on the cap with zero dead money. If I were their GM and I was trying to sign Mathieu, I'd be on the blower to Matthews' agent telling him to restructure his deal else face getting the chop.

Wilkerson signed a 1 year, $5 million contract. Details of how much is guaranteed hasn't been released, but Wilkerson doesn't eat into the cap space all that much.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I want to sit at 6 and take a QB, I just am worried getting greedy could cost us to just take whoever is left. Mayfield is absolutely who I want.

2a - Edge Rusher unless Billy Price is there 

2b - Center, Edge if we took Price.

3 - RB

BPA rest of draft.

I'd sign up for that.  I think with the torn pectoral that Billy Price will fall but not very far.  I think he'll be available for our second pick in the 2nd round.  2a could be the best edge rusher available and 2b could be Billy Price.  Price and Long can be interchangeable at the C/G position which will be a plus.  A 3rd round RB pretty much eliminates them from getting Michel or Jones but in a deep RB class there'll still be a good one available.  I still we need to draft a CB in the first three rounds though.  Especially if we don't land Mathieu.

Let's say Mayfield is gone by 6 which is scarily very likely especially with his recent Pro Day performance, who's the pick?  Nelson?  Chubb?  Trade back for Lamar Jackson?

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Somewhere Buster Skrine is sweating profusely.

I actually like Skrine I just hate his habitual inconsistency.  I think he'll get signed rather quickly if we were to get blessed with the signing of Mathieu once he was released..

3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

If they lose him because of money would be real hilarious that our potential backup qb is making 10+ million. 

I hope we don't lose him because I don't want to have to hear about the "Money Badger" for the next couple years on here.

I just went on over the cap. I believe the Jets are currently at about 51,000,000 left in cap space (assuming we cut Skrine). The Packers are at 29 million and the Giants are over the cap. If it comes down to $$$, we should be able to blow the other 2 teams out of the water.  

55 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think if money is the same or close then we'll get him. I think he's excited about the thought of playing with his friends again.

edit - I wonder what the price point we want to hit is.

He turned down 9 million a year.  I'd give him a 4 yr $44 million dollar deal and call it a day.  Come home Honey Badger.

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I just went on over the cap. I believe the Jets are currently at about 51,000,000 left in cap space (assuming we cut Skrine). The Packers are at 29 million and the Giants are over the cap. If it comes down to $$$, we should be able to blow the other 2 teams out of the water.  

I love this

13 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Let's say Mayfield is gone by 6 which is scarily very likely especially with his recent Pro Day performance, who's the pick?  Nelson?  Chubb?  Trade back for Lamar Jackson?

Gotta be Chubb of the top 4 QBs are gone. I'd look to take Falk or Lauletta with our 2nd round pick if Jackson is gone.

8 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

He turned down 9 million a year.  I'd give him a 4 yr $44 million dollar deal and call it a day.  Come home Honey Badger.

I think most of that was wanting to pick where he wanted to go. I'd be 100% on board with 4 years $44M or 5 years $55M.

23 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

According to overthecap.com, Packers could cut Clay Matthews and save $11 million on the cap with zero dead money. If I were their GM and I was trying to sign Mathieu, I'd be on the blower to Matthews' agent telling him to restructure his deal else face getting the chop.

Wilkerson signed a 1 year, $5 million contract. Details of how much is guaranteed hasn't been released, but Wilkerson doesn't eat into the cap space all that much.

He’s been a fan favorite but hasn’t done sh*t in years. Granted he’s been injured but I could see them cutting him or redoing his contract. 

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I think most of that was wanting to pick where he wanted to go. I'd be 100% on board with 4 years $44M or 5 years $55M.

With the resigning of Claiborne and the other moves I think that puts the defense an edge rusher away from being completely dominant.  I'm all for Arden Key and Michel or Jones in the 2nd round now.  TE in the 3rd and OL in the 4th

1 minute ago, JetFanatic said:

With the resigning of Claiborne and the other moves I think that puts the defense an edge rusher away from being completely dominant.  I'm all for Arden Key and Michel or Jones in the 2nd round now.  TE in the 3rd and OL in the 4th

That’s not going to happen if the fruit loops get their way and the Jets give away most of their picks to trade up. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

That’s not going to happen if the fruit loops get their way and the Jets give away most of their picks to trade up. 

At this point they should stay put at 6 especially after resigning Claiborne.  Staying at 6 would allow us to see what happens with the Top 5 picks and if Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold fall which is very likely then we have our Franchise QB while retaining our picks to get the game breaking RB, Edge Rusher and TE.  

If worst case those 3 QBs are gone, which is also very likely, then we have very good options.  I, unlike a lot of people, don't mind if Lamar Jackson was drafted even at 6.  If they feel that this kid could be the answer at QB then I'm fine with it.  We can still end up with Lamar Jackson, Sony Michel and Arden Key as our top 3 picks.  If those 3 QBs are gone by the 6th pick then there's a very good chance that either Chubb or Nelson is there at 6 and either of those 2 would have a HUGE impact on either the offense or defense so I'm okay with that also.  It could be Chubb, Ronald Jones and Arden Key and I'm completely okay with that too.

I think if we stay put at 6 we'd be in a great position to react to whatever happened with the first 5 picks in this draft and that's a really good place to be I think.

Don't forget a competent DC

Regardless of who we signed I wanted us to target Edge in the 2nd. I like a lot of the players that should be there at our picks. RB will likely depend on if Billy Price or another top center is there for me. I like Jones and Michel the most but I'm not sure they make it out of the 2nd so it will be a tough call.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Noooooooo internet pic searched smiling ear to ear this handsome little guy came up. 

My kids are 25 and 22 wish they were that small again and the wife doesn't want any more. 

How fitting with St. Patty's Day being right around the corner.  

So you're job is pretty much done.  I have twin boys who turn 3 at the end of the month.  

Archived