Demario Davis To The Saints

Grandy

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This is fine, and it has nothing to do with the $1m/year difference (though that's a nice bonus).

Davis had exactly 1 really good season prior to age 29, only in a show-me season after being asked (forced) to take a pay cut to the vet minimum. Players like that are prime candidates to go right back to the players they were right before that.

He was meh for us first time around, was a recent salary cap dump by the Browns at half this new amount, and then had 1 good season with his career's back against the wall. If this recent career high note becomes his new career baseline, as he enters his late 20s/early 30s, so be it.

The other guy is younger, cheaper, and just as good at a position of secondary importance. What’s to talk about? 

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He's 29 had a carer year last season. before that he was average. I like we got younger at ILB. I like Davis but heading for the wrong side of 30.

Good luck all the best. 

This. He was closer to being out of the league before the season than he was to a contract like that. I liked him a lot but you can replace him cheaper, good move by Macc.

I recall that Davis had a phenomenal few games in the beginning of the year. After that he somewhat tailed off. Not that he didn't have tackles but the tackles were not for loss or after significant gain. I think the Jets aren't just thinking it's a one-for-one swap as they have boodles of cash and draft picks left to spend.

I liked Demario, but in the end he didn't convince me that he wasn't just a little better than the Demario I hated when they let him go the first time.

5 hours ago, thomasjohn511 said:

doesnt make any sense if he was only a mil more a year then avery why wouldnt we just resign him 

Avery Williamson is younger (in the respective third years of their deals, Williamson with be 29, Davis will be 32), so he is likely to be at his peak for the entire length of the deal.  His ceiling is higher (Davis peaked last year).  And his development curve is better (he's a tackling machine who hasn't had the down years Davis had).

So ... yeah, I'll take Williamson over Davis, especially at a cheaper price, despite liking Davis as a player

It bears mentioning, that for 4 years now Mac has spoiled Bowles with every player he has felt he needed. Yet, we witnessed that defense, that is widely considered by Jets fans to be a rather talented bunch, ranked 25th in overall defense in 2017.
What is it that Bowles needs to finally put a decent defense together? Because right now they are talented bunch that notoriously underachieves due in large part to the coaching.
The above should have already gotten Bowles fired. If Rex's defenses had underachieved like that, he would have gotten fired long ago.
Let's be honest the so-called amazing DL wasn't great nor consistently good before Bowles.

It was overrated by many and continues to be.

I get letting Snacks go because of the money for a 2 down player but he was the one guy that showed up every game....

Kacy Rodgers and Bowles have shown nothing of imaginative schemes to overcome the Jets deficiencies!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...
10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Demario Davis is trying to become the second Jets middle linebacker in 9 years to get a ring with the Saints a year after the Jets kicked them to the curb. 

Jonathan Villa Super Bowl Champ 2009 season

Demario Davis Super Bowl Champ 2018 season?

Hope he does it would mean no pats 

More hopefully, chiefs win and it’s moot would love to root for AFC in SB for once

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hope he does it would mean no pats 

More hopefully, chiefs win and it’s moot would love to root for AFC in SB for once

I think the Chiefs will torch the Patriots this Sunday. Good weather is good for Mahomes. Arrowhead is going to be 12th man loud. I cannot wait to watch the cameras pan to the Patriots sideline showing Brady looking miserable as the clock is ticking down, and he knows this may be the last time he ever gets that close to another championshiop. Gisele better get ready for a grumpy hubby coming home. Buahhahahahahah. 

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Oops. Compensatory — lol does that change anything??

nope... no soup for us:

but Jason forecasts the Pats to be getting two 3rds and a 5th rounder:

New England Patriots
Qualifying UFAs Lost: 6 Qualifying UFAs Gained: 2
Name Rd. APY Rank Name Rd. APY Rank
Nate Solder 3 $15,400,000 16  
Malcolm Butler 3 $12,170,000 63  
Danny Amendola 5 $5,950,000 283  
Dion Lewis 6 $4,950,000 328 Adrian Clayborn 6 $5,000,000 357
Johnson Bademosi 7 $3,125,000 538 Jeremy Hill 7 $1,331,250 830
Cameron Fleming 7 $2,500,000 622  

Isn't that special?

Better off with the suppositories

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

nope... no soup for us:

but Jason forecasts the Pats to be getting two 3rds and a 5th rounder:

New England Patriots
Qualifying UFAs Lost: 6 Qualifying UFAs Gained: 2
Name Rd. APY Rank Name Rd. APY Rank
Nate Solder 3 $15,400,000 16  
Malcolm Butler 3 $12,170,000 63  
Danny Amendola 5 $5,950,000 283  
Dion Lewis 6 $4,950,000 328 Adrian Clayborn 6 $5,000,000 357
Johnson Bademosi 7 $3,125,000 538 Jeremy Hill 7 $1,331,250 830
Cameron Fleming 7 $2,500,000 622  

Isn't that special?

Better off with the suppositories

I hate that for us. We could use every pick we can get and on top of it the damn Patriots come away with the jackpot.

Archived