Trading up would be mistake

Jets723

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Uh that got dark real quick. 

8 minutes ago, pointman said:

A little angry there, little fella? Relax.

Wait, homeboy wants to slit my throat for suggesting that taking a DT and S over a QB is stupid?

hahahahaha

and then he changed his post to, Calm Down?

Oh the interwebz is amazing. 

Just now, Jets723 said:

Guys stay on Topic. I respect peoples opinion. This is just my personal opinion

Don't worry, lil fella. The mods here don't ban (too much work). If one of them (thats a big "if") sees it (which I doubt) they will just tell you to stfu and thats about it.

It is extremely rare that 3 ...(maybe 4 depending on who you talk to) franchise caliber quarterbacks are coming out the same year and projected in the top 5.

It is even more rare that while at 6, within striking distance, there are 2-3 teams possibily willing to trade down with you to come up.

Now is the time. Or we start completely from scratch with the first pick in 2019 or 2020.

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

Good thing I quoted it.

It is a good thing you quoted it. That's complete b*******. No reason to start saying you're in a slit somebody's throat on an internet message board. Over, of all things, the God damn New York Jets. 

5 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Time to go all in for a HIGH pick, no more 2nd rounders. If not then he needs to gtfo.

Totally false.  And I hate Macc but all  of these “Big 4” qbs have serious  red flags and are way overhyped except Darnold 

If Rosen is there at 6 fine

Just now, freestater said:

It is a good thing you quoted it. That's complete b*******. No reason to start saying you're in a slit somebody's throat on an internet message board. Over, of all things, the God damn New York Jets. 

Jesus Christ its not what i meant. Im a good guy. Id help anybody if they needed it

Just now, Jets723 said:

Jesus Christ its not what i meant. Im a good guy. Id help anybody if they needed it

Not saying you're not. Just let something out that was best left unsaid. You dont really expect anybody to believe that was a typo or autocorrect, do you?

Just now, freestater said:

Not saying you're not. Just let something out that was best left unsaid. You dont really expect anybody to believe that was a typo or autocorrect, do you?

"Siri, type 'wanna go to the Jets game with me?'. Siri, what? No! I didn't say type what I am thinking! What I said!"

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Totally false.  And I hate Macc but all  of these “Big 4” qbs have serious  red flags and are way overhyped except Darnold 

If Rosen is there at 6 fine

Sure, lets wait for the next Peyton Manning. Maybe in the next 20 years. In the meantime McCown will do, right?

You are hopelessly wrong.

50 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I know jet fans are aching for  "franchise QB"  but trading up probably will kill us in the longrun. First off it would cost ALOT. Just to move a few spots we would likely cost the 6th pick,both 2nds, next years first, and maybe something else.

Go tell PHI that. Or LAR.

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

It's not like he committed the most turnovers in his conference, and has a terrible throwing motion.

Ok so besides Darnold who we have 0 shot at:

Allen - very low completion percentage playing against putrid competition. Stunk anytime he played an actual defense

Rosen - coming off 2 concussions last season, has a wealthy family with a doctor as his father.  If he gets 1 concussion after getting $24 million guaranteed he could retire

Mayfield- undersized partyboy who excelled against bad defenses in the big 12 playing with the country’s best offensive line playing in the spread. Sucked at the senior bowl

These guys are way overhyped

Archived