I told you the Bills weren’t trading up for a QB

New York Mick

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

They’re going to take a 2nd day QB or Jackson at 12 or Mason at 22. Then load up with players. 

Agree 100%.  I’ve said the same thing. Check my posts. 

You don’t make the playoffs for the first time in 20 years then throw it all the way by betting on a rookie QB who you have to give multiple picks away to trade up and get. 

The bills went 9-7 with awful play from Taylor. They can do so much better with AJ and impact players at 12, 22 and 2 2nds. 

And I agree they’ll use one of those picks for Jackson or a quality rookie like Falk to sit behind AJ. 

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

BIlls new GM is no dope....  don’t under estimate him.  

So he may make smart moves in draft ? Not just do what is most popular ? They can use those picks to really surround AJ with nice young talent. I don’t think they have given up on peterman either. Maybe they draft Jackson in early 20s. He is a project but can be useful dynamic off the bench here and there.

47 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

No ******* way. This isn't the god damn Jets...no way they go into the season with McCarron as their starting QB...no way, no how.  Only franchise that ******* stupid is this ******* franchise. Pieces of sh*t.

So tell me how do you really fell about the Jets? 

C77FAB48-0DBA-4211-85FC-84F700658959.jpeg

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

McCracken is their new QB. 

Think you're wrong old friend. McCarron is only signed for 2 years. I fully believe they ARE trading up higher in the draft.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I don’t think AJ McCarron is holding the Bills back from anything.  Wasn’t it only a 2 year deal?

Yes 2 year $10 mil deal with another possible $6.5 mil in incentives based on playing time. $1 mil this year if he takes 60% of the snaps, another $1 mil if he takes 75% of the snaps. If he reaches that 75% mark his base for 2019 jumps by $2.5 mil. Then in 2019 another $1 mil for 60% and another $1 mil for 75% . The Bills ARE taking a QB high in the draft. They will hope he beats out AJ at some point.

2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

No ******* way. This isn't the god damn Jets...no way they go into the season with McCarron as their starting QB...no way, no how.  Only franchise that ******* stupid is this ******* franchise. Pieces of sh*t.

Better get use to it bubby. McCarron IS your opening day QB baring injury.

All of these teams without a true franchise QB are following the same formula in getting a capable but older veteran + a younger but somehow compromised guy (ex. injury history (Bridgewater), one-year-wonder (Keenum), needs a change of scenery (Tyrod Taylor)) and signing them to short deals like 2 years or a 1-year "Prove it."  As mentioned above, every single one of them (Browns, Bills, Broncos, Jets, etc.) are still heavily in the market for a rookie QB.  AJ "How did he get such a hot chick" McCarron being signed changes nothing.

11 hours ago, New York Mick said:

It’s the Bills not the Eagles. 

I'm not sure if you have noticed what's been going on since they got a competent GM, they look like a real franchise again and have been making brilliant moves the last year +.

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

All of these teams without a true franchise QB are following the same formula in getting a capable but older veteran + a younger but somehow compromised guy (ex. injury history (Bridgewater), one-year-wonder (Keenum), needs a change of scenery (Tyrod Taylor)) and signing them to short deals like 2 years or a 1-year "Prove it."  As mentioned above, every single one of them (Browns, Bills, Broncos, Jets, etc.) are still heavily in the market for a rookie QB.  AJ "How did he get such a hot chick" McCarron being signed changes nothing.

Seriously, this thread without pics of his girl = pointless.

43 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'm not sure if you have noticed what's been going on since they got a competent GM, they look like a real franchise again and have been making brilliant moves the last year +.

Staying put drafting a QB at 12 or 22 then drafting five other needed players in the 1st three rounds then another one with next years first is the smart move. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Staying put drafting a QB at 12 or 22 then drafting five other needed players in the 1st three rounds then another one with next years first is the smart move. 

maybe? I don't know how they view the top QBs but based on everything they have done it appears they are loading up to move up past us to take one of the top guys.  we'll see what happens.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's true but McCarron seems to have more upside than those 2 did.

It's very curious.

I don't know about that. Bradford continually gets paid high dollars because he's a good QB with a bad injury history. I think from a talent standpoint, the bills would be very happy if McCarron turned out to be as good as bradford. Mind you, bradford for the eagles and vikings, completed 70% of his passes in the 31 games he played. If bradford is healthy, you have a good QB. 3 years ago, the eagles were paying Bradford for the upside of what he could become if he stayed healthy as well as an insurance policy if wentz turned out to be a bust. Luckily for the eagles, wentz looked great and the vikings paid with a 1st rounder to chase that same upside after bridgewater went down.  

Archived