All,Four QBs Could Be Gone Before Pick 6

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah it's been talked about on other threads. If Jets left with Mayfield v. Minkah I'd sure like to say he'd pick Mayfield but I'd probably be wrong.

I'd be excited if the browns picked 2 QBs cause it would give the Jets a shot at trading for one.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Here's a scenario no one ever seems to consider. Browns take Darnold #1, Giants go Barkley, colts Chubb, and then the browns pick Rosen.

Why not? They can get them both in camp. Pick the one they like better. Then trade the other to the highest bidder. It allows them to increase their chances of finally landing a franchise QB AND they can get something in return for the guy that comes in second.

That, to me, would be a shocker. In that top three pick scenario, I'd think they'd just take the best deal for the #4 pick. Denver, the Jets, and the Bills (at a minimum) would all be making offers. 

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'd be excited if the browns picked 2 QBs cause it would give the Jets a shot at trading for one.

I'd pay to see that. It would be a big sack move and I'd endorse it actually. 

6 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Not once in the history of the NFL have 4 QBs gone in the top five. It’s not going to happen. GMs aren’t desperate fans.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

The only way it can happen is if Barkley goes 3 to the Colts or the Colts trade back.  They're not taking a QB and there's no way Barkley lasts til 6 (and if he does, I will be completely happy with Barkley in the first and Lauletta with the high second)

1 hour ago, smaxor5 said:

LOL at that not being "considering". He spent the majority of his time at nickel corner last year also.

Were you considering seriously doing every single thing you've ever floated or commented on or discussed on social media/forums?

Yeah, me neither.

Considering is a report or quote saying "I am considering playing for the Jets" or, you know, a signing, given there is nothing stopping them now.

Nickel Safety will work perfectly with our left outside Safety, left inside safety, middle safety, right inside safety, right outside safety D-Backfield system.  Can't fail!

And hey, at least we're looking D, and not that annoying distraction that is the Offense, right?

6 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

When you really think about it, it doesn't make any sense to win any games, until you are really, really, really 100% positive you are going to win the championship.

No, youre right, last seasons outcome was awesome. We squeezed all the wins we could out of the McNown kid. I think hes a keeper!

5 hours ago, isired said:

I just don't see how anyone can say "When losing is the best thing for the franchise, you don't send Josh McCown out there." Knowing what we/they knew going in. When we first signed McCown, people were elated, sure that the tank was on for a 2018 QB.

Then that makes even less sense. You do realize that, don't you?

? People are acting like it was dumb to play a guy that won 1 game in each of the 2 previous seasons, as if it was obvious he'd go out and play well and win 5. Prior to the season, I didn't see anyone saying "No, don't get McCown, we'll win too many games!"

1 minute ago, isired said:
11 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

? People are acting like it was dumb to play a guy that won 1 game in each of the 2 previous seasons, as if it was obvious he'd go out and play well and win 5. Prior to the season, I didn't see anyone saying "No, don't get McCown, we'll win too many games!"

Then why did he start over your 2nd round draft choice and other unproven unknown qb?

Then why did he start over your 2nd round draft choice and other unproven unknown qb?
Because neither was ready to see the field. You can't put a complete farce out there. Not unless you're firing everyone involved and selling the team. Who would want to play for that staff/FO/owner? Could the Bills have stuck with Peterman after his ridiculous showing?

10 minutes ago, isired said:
14 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:
This idea that we're going to pretend that Josh McCown was on great teams is ******* hysterical.

No, he wasn't. The idea that we're going to pretend that he played well is equally ******* hysterical.

No, youre right, he finished with a 95 passer rating and a two to one td to int rate because he found himself at 39 and NEVER had a good season. He was started over your 2nd round qb by a coach playing for his job because he was responsible for every single one of those losses.

It made NO sense to start him whether you were trying to tank or not. Hes a ******* rental and you needed to see what you had in the young guys.

19 minutes ago, isired said:
23 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Because neither was ready to see the field. You can't put a complete farce out there. Not unless you're firing everyone involved and selling the team. Who would want to play for that staff/FO/owner? Could the Bills have stuck with Peterman after his ridiculous showing?

Sometimes whats good for your hotseat GM and coach is not what is best for the franchise. We got ****ed in the ass.

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No, youre right, he finished with a 95 passer rating and a two to one td to int rate because he found himself at 39 and NEVER had a good season. He was started over your 2nd round qb by a coach playing for his job because he was responsible for every single one of those losses.

It made NO sense to start him whether you were trying to tank or not. Hes a ******* rental and you needed to see what you had in the young guys.

You owe it to the rest of the roster to play the best QB, you can't ask players to lay their bodies on the line for a QB who is clearly worse. If you think he shouldn't have been signed at all then I disagree, I think if Hack can't beat McCown then he doesn't deserve to start. Hack's issues have been setting up his protection and accuracy, those are both things you can see in practice as well as the preseason games. At this point I have no reason to believe Bowles hasn't played the best QB on our roster since he's gotten here.

9 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

You owe it to the rest of the roster to play the best QB, you can't ask players to lay their bodies on the line for a QB who is clearly worse. If you think he shouldn't have been signed at all then I disagree, I think if Hack can't beat McCown then he doesn't deserve to start. Hack's issues have been setting up his protection and accuracy, those are both things you can see in practice as well as the preseason games. At this point I have no reason to believe Bowles hasn't played the best QB on our roster since he's gotten here.

You actually owe it to your fans to finally draft a young franchise QB. You know the paying customers that are tired of watching retread after retread while other organizations draft young QBs.

18 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Bullsh*t. They are millionaires being paid to play a sport. Theyre not ******* coal miners. They are highly paid employees of the organization. The best interest of the organization is their priority. A 39 year old perennial losing QB is not such a hard thing to get over for the poor dears in relation to seeing if you have a potential franchise qb.

Are we pretending that the best qb out of 3 mediocre choices has always started ahead of a young guy?

You would think that you owe it to EVERYONE to at least see what you have. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Were you considering seriously doing every single thing you've ever floated or commented on or discussed on social media/forums?

Yeah, me neither.

Considering is a report or quote saying "I am considering playing for the Jets" or, you know, a signing, given there is nothing stopping them now.

Nickel Safety will work perfectly with our left outside Safety, left inside safety, middle safety, right inside safety, right outside safety D-Backfield system.  Can't fail!

And hey, at least we're looking D, and not that annoying distraction that is the Offense, right?

It's so weird that you think signing a guy that improves the defense:

1. Prevents us from improving the offense.

2. Is bad

Then again, when you think everything is miserable and this team will never improve EVERYTHING is a bad idea. I honestly feel bad for you.

2 minutes ago, Pennington said:

You actually owe it to your fans to finally draft a young franchise QB. You know the paying customers that are tired of watching retread after retread while other organizations draft young QBs.

Yes, but what leads you to believe that Hack or Petty is a franchise QB? From everything I've seen they are both hot garbage. I'd much rather the other 50 players get actual reps than watch those two skip balls off the ground.

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Bullsh*t. They are millionaires being paid to play a sport. Theyre not ******* coal miners. They are highly paid employees of the organization. The best interest of the organization is their priority. A 39 year old perennial losing QB is not such a hard thing to get over for the poor dears in relation to seeing if you have a potential franchise qb.

I'm not arguing their money, I'm arguing about their mental health. Playing an inferior QB is just asking to have a locker room revolt. All Hack and Petty's issues can be seen in practice, playing them in a live game would not magically correct that.

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yes, but what leads you to believe that Hack or Petty is a franchise QB? From everything I've seen they are both hot garbage. I'd much rather the other 50 players get actual reps than watch those two skip balls off the ground.

I'm not arguing their money, I'm arguing about their mental health. Playing an inferior QB is just asking to have a locker room revolt. All Hack and Petty's issues can be seen in practice, playing them in a live game would not magically correct that.

I totally see your point. Seems like a no win situation. I just think it was a healthier choice for the long term outlook for them to start one of the other guys than a 39 year old rental.

Wilkerson was already a dog. The younger guys would survive it. Davis is a goner anyway. Forte gone. 

Its not like those 5 wins were a magic elixir.

15 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I totally see your point. Seems like a no win situation. I just think it was a healthier choice for the long term outlook for them to start one of the other guys than a 39 year old rental.

Wilkerson was already a dog. The younger guys would survive it. Davis is a goner anyway. Forte gone. 

Its not like those 5 wins were a magic elixir.

Yea I mean as a fan I'd like to see the young kids but if we left last season with question marks everywhere does that put us in a better situation? IMO I'd rather grade the roster with competent play so I at least have a baseline. If McCown doesn't play this past year we may not have thought very highly of Robby or Kearse. Knowing what we have in them allows us to see if Hack's struggles are on him or the supporting cast.

Sort of the argument for Geno where he didn't have any weapons but then we realized he is just a terrible QB.

He had a young roster playing hard in Nov & Dec - a HUGE change from the season before, when the team clearly quit down the stretch. I can't blame Bowles for not ******* with that. He'd be a moron and a terrible coach to **** with that.

Two 5-11 seasons, but two entirely different attitudes.

12 hours ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

The only QB JETS should be looking at from this draft is Lamar Jackson. A bit raw but has better skills set than all these other QB's.  All these other OB's are scrap for the practice squad

Mayfield - Johnny Manz.. 2.0

Dornald - Matt Leinart

Rosen - Brady Quinn

Allen - Blaine Gabbert

1) Sam Darnold is a righty

2) If you're comparing Rosen to Quinn, you've obviously never seen him throw.

Archived