All,Four QBs Could Be Gone Before Pick 6

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

schefter scoffed at the browns taking barkley at 1 this am.  so i'm assuming he's plugged in.  he said probably darnold.  then figure rosen goes next, somewhere, not to the jets.  but i could see the giants trading out easily, gettlemen could get a nice haul from buffalo for this pick.

ultimately, mccagnan is unlikely to trade up beyond 4 i predict, though if he really wants mayfield he'll have to jump the broncos.

It's all speculation at this point, so I'm not going too much further here. I think it's way too early to say who's definitely going where, even if you're Schefter. If I'm Cleveland -especially if I don't have a great separation between the top QBs on my board- I seriously look at Barkley #1 overall knowing that two of the top four guys (at least) are guaranteed to be there when I'm back on the clock at #4. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saying, hypothetically, that the Jets are at six, with Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, and Barkley off the board, would you rather take a shot with Josh Allen or go with Minkah/Chubb/Landry/Ward? Imo, that’s the calculation Macc is looking at right now. 

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

schefter scoffed at the browns taking barkley at 1 this am.  so i'm assuming he's plugged in.  he said probably darnold.  then figure rosen goes next, somewhere, not to the jets.  but i could see the giants trading out easily, gettlemen could get a nice haul from buffalo for this pick.

ultimately, mccagnan is unlikely to trade up beyond 4 i predict, though if he really wants mayfield he'll have to jump the broncos.

I still think the Giants go Barkley at 2 if he's there.  He along with Beckham, Sheppard and Everett are a headache for defenses to scheme for.  Schumer saw how average QB's in Minny can get the job done.  He will do just fine with Manning and some FA down the line if Webb doesnt pan out.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just saying, hypothetically, that the Jets are at six, with Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, and Barkley off the board, would you rather take a shot with Josh Allen or go with Minkah/Chubb/Landry/Ward? Imo, that’s the calculation Macc is looking at right now. 

I take Josh Allen and never look back. I honestly think he'll be gone before we pick. I want us to leapfrog the Broncos so at least we get a choice of 2 QBs.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Tough but they should take Allen,  They have to come away with one of the 4.

4 hours ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

The only QB JETS should be looking at from this draft is Lamar Jackson. A bit raw but has better skills set than all these other QB's.  All these other OB's are scrap for the practice squad

Mayfield - Johnny Manz.. 2.0

Dornald - Matt Leinart

Rosen - Brady Quinn

Allen - Blaine Gabbert

Why is Baker Manziel 2.0? Go ahead and don't mention height or skin tone. 

3 hours ago, TopCop said:

Imo, the top 6 picks will include Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Mayfield,, Barkley, and Chubb.  Not sure the order except Darnold at #1.  I think Rosen or Mayfield are likely to be available at 6 unless someone surprises and takes Nelson in the top 5 which makes it better for the Jets.  Now, if Macc has a particular QB that he covets, then he’ll probably have to move to 3 or 4, if not he could just sit back and take whoever drops.  Keep in mind, everyone know Jets are taking QB at 6, so teams will be aggressive to move up to 4 or 5 to snag their guy

Top Cop with the super professional investigative prediction of the six biggest names in the draft, the top 4 QBs and the 2 other non QBs scheduled to go along with them. Bravo investigative savage.

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I take Josh Allen and never look back. I honestly think he'll be gone before we pick. I want us to leapfrog the Broncos so at least we get a choice of 2 QBs.

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Tough but they should take Allen,  They have to come away with one of the 4.

I don’t know, myself. On the one hand, they should just man up and take the Hail Mary. On the other hand, I don’t see how Allen is an improvement on Hack from a tools and resume perspective. I think either path gets them both fired, tbh, and Allen could be an albatross for the next head coach.

23 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

2015: 10-6

2016: 5-11

2017: 5-11

2018: "Stop complaining about tangible progress the team is showing! It's so dumb" - smaxor5

Oh yeah, cause:

1. Achieving those records with aging veterans is TOTALLY the same as doing it with one of the youngest rosters in the NFL.  

2. Records are EVERYTHING. Don't look at how close the team was to competing in all of the games...just boil it down to a record.  It saves time!

Just now, T0mShane said:

I don’t know, myself. On the one hand, they should just man up and take the Hail Mary. On the other hand, I don’t see how Allen is an improvement on Hack from a tools and resume perspective. I think either path gets them both fired, tbh, and Allen could be an albatross for the next head coach.

One of my  nightmare scenarios, there are several of them, is we move up and he is the pick over one of the other 3. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

My nightmare is Mayfield slides and they take the CB anyway 

Todd Bowles' wet dream is to build his 2015 team all over again. Good secondary + meh QB play = 10 wins and a lifetime contract extension from the UK.

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well it all depends on how much they like Allen, right? I don't think they HAVE to take a QB if this is the scenario (Jet fans be damned). Some fans/pundits really like Allen. I don't. I think you can find a comparable talent later in the draft. Shoot, I'd rather hae Lamar Jackson than Allen. But that's just me. So, if this is the way the draft fell and the only QB option was Allen, I would probably try to trade down with whatever QB needy team liked Allen as a prospect. But again, that's just me. 

I'd much rather take Jackson or Rudolph in a trade down scenario (adding draft picks) than use our 6th pick on Allen or even Nelson or Fitz.  

1 hour ago, sciond said:

let's be honest no matter who is available there are no guarantees Macc drafts a QB. He most likely sticks to hi BPA policy

he will stick to his " BPA policy "...  unless sam is still there   ;)

18 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Well it all depends on how much they like Allen, right? I don't think they HAVE to take a QB if this is the scenario (Jet fans be damned). Some fans/pundits really like Allen. I don't. I think you can find a comparable talent later in the draft. Shoot, I'd rather hae Lamar Jackson than Allen. But that's just me. So, if this is the way the draft fell and the only QB option was Allen, I would probably try to trade down with whatever QB needy team liked Allen as a prospect. But again, that's just me. 

I'd much rather take Jackson or Rudolph in a trade down scenario (adding draft picks) than use our 6th pick on Allen or even Nelson or Fitz.  

Yeah. It’s a tough spot, for sure. Damned if they do, damned if they don’t. 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Lol, that's not interest mate, that's social media sperging.

But it will be hilarious if we do sign him and run our all-safety defense, lol.

LOL at that not being "considering". He spent the majority of his time at nickel corner last year also.

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I get what your saying but I don't understand how Allen is in contention for the #1 pick while Hack was considered a reach in the late 2nd. I'm no scout but seeing this many people talk about Allen has me thinking teams believe in him. If the consensus is he is a top 10 pick then I'm fine with that Hail Mary. 

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I get what your saying but I don't understand how Allen is in contention for the #1 pick while Hack was considered a reach in the late 2nd. I'm no scout but seeing this many people talk about Allen has me thinking teams believe in him. If the consensus is he is a top 10 pick then I'm fine with that Hail Mary. 

Macc loves #measurables

The sign of a non-confident GM/talent evaluator who is too afraid to trust his eyes

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Fair. There’s definitely a disconnect between the way NFL people see Allen vs the way everyone else does. 

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Macc loves #measurables

The sign of a non-confident GM/talent evaluator who is too afraid to trust his eyes

Agreed, I am not a huge Allen fan and would hope we don't sit at 6 and hope for the best. IMO I'd rather throw the farm at Indy to have a choice between at least 2 of the QBs. If you believe Barkley goes in the top 2 then you may even have a choice of 3 QB.

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Agreed, I am not a huge Allen fan and would hope we don't sit at 6 and hope for the best. IMO I'd rather throw the farm at Indy to have a choice between at least 2 of the QBs. If you believe Barkley goes in the top 2 then you may even have a choice of 3 QB.

I'd prefer whoever drops to Macc moving up and using his "judgment." His only hits in the draft are taking Mel's best available when he's on the clock regardless of position. If we are extremely lucky that's Chubb this year. More like minkah.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Fair. There’s definitely a disconnect between the way NFL people see Allen vs the way everyone else does. 

Yea, he is a player I'm not 100% on gambling on, I'd rather us trade all our picks to Indy in order to have a choice of at least 2 of the QBs. Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield are really who I want.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I'd prefer whoever drops to Macc moving up and using his "judgment." His only hits in the draft are taking Mel's best available when he's on the clock regardless of position. If we are extremely lucky that's Chubb this year. More like minkah.

I would consider this offseason a complete failure if we don't land a top QB. I do really like Chubb and he's probably the best of the worst case scenarios but I think we will need to trade up for a QB after that because there are too many teams with aging vets who could take QBs at the end of round 1. 

We really need the Colts or the Browns to fall in love with a top non QB so we have a shot to move up.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I would consider this offseason a complete failure if we don't land a top QB. I do really like Chubb and he's probably the best of the worst case scenarios but I think we will need to trade up for a QB after that because there are too many teams with aging vets who could take QBs at the end of round 1. 

We really need the Colts or the Browns to fall in love with a top non QB so we have a shot to move up.

I would agree with you if Macc wasn't the one making the decision. If we trade up we'll pick Allen who will flop like a sunfish in my grandpa's row boat.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I would agree with you if Macc wasn't the one making the decision. If we trade up we'll pick Allen who will flop like a sunfish in my grandpa's row boat.

That could very well be the pick given the traits he looks for in a QB. Macc hasn't given me much hope from a drafting perspective but he also hasn't pulled the trigger on a QB that should have been a franchise guy. If the consensus is Allen then I can live with that. I just have a hard time believing we don't want one of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield. 

Just now, bla bla bla said:

That could very well be the pick given the traits he looks for in a QB. Macc hasn't given me much hope from a drafting perspective but he also hasn't pulled the trigger on a QB that should have been a franchise guy. If the consensus is Allen then I can live with that. I just have a hard time believing we don't want one of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield. 

We probably do but chicken turd Macc won't pay more than the archaic trade chart from 1992 to trade up

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

We probably do but chicken turd Macc won't pay more than the archaic trade chart from 1992 to trade up

It's hard to tell, I think we would have traded up in 2016 if we had the assets to do it. I think our cupboard was bare at that point though. With the extra picks as ammo I think if we have a shot at getting our guy then he'll make the move. I don't really have 100% confidence in this but it's what I'd like to believe.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

A smart team would take Landry. Maccagnan will take Allen.

Here's a scenario no one ever seems to consider. Browns take Darnold #1, Giants go Barkley, colts Chubb, and then the browns pick Rosen.

Why not? They can get them both in camp. Pick the one they like better. Then trade the other to the highest bidder. It allows them to increase their chances of finally landing a franchise QB AND they can get something in return for the guy that comes in second.

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Here's a scenario no one ever seems to consider. Browns take Darnold #1, Giants go Barkley, colts Chubb, and then the browns pick Rosen.

Why not? They can get them both in camp. Pick the one they like better. Then trade the other to the highest bidder. It allows them to increase their chances of finally landing a franchise QB AND they can get something in return for the guy that comes in second.

Yeah it's been talked about on other threads. If Jets left with Mayfield v. Minkah I'd sure like to say he'd pick Mayfield but I'd probably be wrong.

Archived