We're going to miss Teddy... not happy u got him

MissingTeddy

Hey All, I literally created this account just so I could let you all know how lucky you are to have Teddy.  I know, we should be jumping for joy in Minny over Cousins, and yah, it takes the sting out a little, but there are MANY people here that wanted the Vikes to save their $, make Teddy the starter and bring in a couple good backups.  We thought he would sign a team friendly deal but it wasn't in the cards I guess.  I promise you Zimmer fought to keep the kid... nobody loves Teddy more than Zim.

What makes us mad to lose him is we all know how great he is on and off the field.  His demeanor is so solid. You will see this play out on the field.  Never rattled. Never cocky. Never a me first attitude.  Makes extremely fast and good decisions and don' buy the hype about armstrength, it' plenty good and now he has 20 extra pounds of muscle... he can rip it.

If the knee holds up (and it will) he will lead your team to the playoffs for years to come... Yah, even the lowly Jets can't ruin this kid!  Lol, sorry, had to rip you... your team has been looking more like the Browns lately with not even a glimmer of hope that you will get better.  Teddy gives you that hope, he will deliver his end of the bargain.

On the knee: here's why I think it will hold up.  If you didn't know how it happened, he used to turn his hips really hard when he threw, but wouldn't allow his foot to turn open, causing pressure on the knee.  During that awful day at practice, the knee couldn' handle it anymore, he literally twisted the lower part of his leg off the upper.  Gruesome. One reporter said it looked like his lower leg came detached and was just laying next to him.  Players were throwing up it was so bad. Teddy not only rehabbed the leg and strengthened the upper body while he has been out, he said he changed his throwing motion and will now hop a little after he throws, allowing the feet to open up after the throw.  It should be the necessary fix to his problem... and being he was so young when it happened plays in his favor.

Anyway... the kid truly is the real deal, and my team will regret it someday, I'm sure of this.  I 100% believe he will hoist a superbowl trophy in his career, obviously that requires him to be successful with you guys, hopefully you give him the pieces around him necessary to win.

Damn... We're really gonna miss him.  Still can't believe he' gone.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the knee holds up, were gonna feel robbed.  We have invested heavily in him.  I was at the game this year when he took the field for the first time, the only time I've ever heard a louder cheer was the Diggs catch.

The boy was loved more than any other recent player around here.  Fans were heavily invested emotionally in him.

22 minutes ago, MissingTeddy said:

If the knee holds up (and it will) he will lead your team to the playoffs for years to come... Yah, even the lowly Jets can't ruin this kid!  Lol, sorry, had to rip you... your team has been looking more like the Browns lately with not even a glimmer of hope that you will get better.  Teddy gives you that hope, he will deliver his end of the bargain.

Hey, what choice do we have but to take flak from a Minnesota Vikings fan.  You guys (along with the Bills) set the standard for losing Superbowls!  Our 1 Superbowl title pales in comparison to your 4 Superbowl losses.

Btw, I'm sure Kirk will win as many playoff games with you guys as he did in Washington.  But even if he's a bust, at least it's not like you guys guaranteed his entire contract, right?   Whoops!

Nothing inspires more confidence than quarterbacks two years removed from football recovering from a gruesome knee injury so bad it caused grown men to puke.

And I think it's fantastic that he's had to change his whole throwing motion in his mid-twenties so he doesn't knee-vomit again.  

A+ thread.  

I see there is still some doubters on this site.  I'l come back in a few months and say "I told you so".  Maybe it' just the nature of you knuckleheads in NY.  Maybe ur still burned by Geno Smith and can' wrap ur head around another black QB... you will be proven wrong.

2 minutes ago, MissingTeddy said:

I see there is still some doubters on this site.  I'l come back in a few months and say "I told you so".  Maybe it' just the nature of you knuckleheads in NY.  Maybe ur still burned by Geno Smith and can' wrap ur head around another black QB... you will be proven wrong.

Tell us off, man!  What a season you guys just had!  You were gift-wrapped a divisional round win and followed it up by laying an egg when you had a chance to play a home game in the Superbowl!   Let us have it!

its got nothing to do with him being black...well for most of us. If you take a gander at this forum, these bumbleheads complain about every coach, player and equipment jockey this team has ever had. Black, white, Jew, Gentile, cripple or not. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Tell us off, man!  What a season you guys just had!  You were gift-wrapped a divisional round win and followed it up by laying an egg when you had a chance to play a home game in the Superbowl!   Let us have it!

Telling u off?  Angry much?

Ok buddy. Hope u didn't reproduce. SMH. Wow.

Telling u off?  Angry much?

Ok buddy. Hope u didn't reproduce. SMH. Wow.

What a short memory you have...

6 minutes ago, MissingTeddy said:

Man, u guys don' deserve this kid.  Glad he only signed a 1 year prove it contract so he can move away from your plague of a team after proving he can still play... Favre 2.0

Oh and let's not forget "Yah, even the lowly Jets can't ruin this kid!"

Thanks for the warm, nice first post, Minnesota guy. I hope Teddy is awesome too. But either way, whats most important is F Kirk Cousins. I hope he falls flat on his face literally and figuratively. I hope you all cry yourselves to sleep wishing you never signed him. I hope you all beg for Keenum to "baby, come back". May kirk Cousins never win anything for the rest of his life. 

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Why’s everybody being such anonymous internet dicks to the OP.

thank you for the content and your thoughts

your post made me super happy.

and the FO must agree giving him $15 mill....so you’re saying there’s a chance!

It will make me happier if Bridgewater wins playoff games while Kirk averages 4,500 yds, 35 TDs, goes 9-7, 8-8, 6-10 and never makes it to the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Thanks for the warm, nice first post, Minnesota guy. I hope Teddy is awesome too. But either way, whats most important is F Kirk Cousins. I hope he falls flat on his face literally and figuratively. I hope you all cry yourselves to sleep wishing you never signed him. I hope you all beg for Keenum to "baby, come back". May kirk Cousins never win anything for the rest of his life. 

Unfortunately for you, we will make Cousins look good even if he isn't.  I don' know much about his personality... kind of looks like a douche tho.  Problem is, our D is insane and wrs catch everything, RB is pretty awesome too. He will look the part.  Keenum was just a product of our team.  He'll fall back to earth this year.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

"Hey I signed up here to tell you guys that you're getting a great player.  Oh and to also to tell you that you suck!"

Sorry that angers you, but if you watch football, you know your team has sucked right? Assuming I didn't come into some blind homer site... your team hasn' looked very good the past few years, sorry.

5 minutes ago, MissingTeddy said:

Unfortunately for you, we will make Cousins look good even if he isn't.  I don' know much about his personality... kind of looks like a douche tho.  Problem is, our D is insane and wrs catch everything, RB is pretty awesome too. He will look the part.  Keenum was just a product of our team.  He'll fall back to earth this year.

Yeah, hes a cornhole for sure. The whole 'fans where you wanna see me go' garbage while knowing full well he was going to you guys. Such a loser. But hey, its cool. We all know you guys are good but won't ever win the big one. Not anytime soon though. You can be the new Bills! 

Archived