JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, K Clue said:

I love this move not only was it smart, it pissed my friend off whose a Bills fan. Today was a good day!!

Bills fans on their forum are freaking.

60% of them are crying because we beat them to the punch.

20% of them are saying “It’s the Jets, they’ll botch the pick anyway.”

and the other 20% still believe they get to #2

its pretty great.

this could of easily been us.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bills fans on their forum are freaking.

60% of them are crying because we beat them to the punch.

20% of them are saying “It’s the Jets, they’ll botch the pick anyway.”

and the other 10% still believe they get to #2

its pretty great.

this could of easily been us.

I think the Bills will get either to #2 or #4.  They kind of have to.  Credit to Macc for getting in the top 4 first.  Had the Bills traded up with the Colts, we'd be over a barrel.

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Let me ask you this...

Would you take Allen at #3 if he wasn’t, let’s say, the next Elway or Big Ben but essentially...Cam Newton but without the headaches?

Big bodied, super athletic guy with an absolute cannon who has the ability to carry an offense on his back...but completes around 58% of his passes and might have a 3 pick game here or there?

Ask most people around the league and they would give you an unequivocal “yes”.

I mean, you just described every QB bust in history: iffy statistical profile, but size! arm! athletic! I watched Allen a few times this year and had to change the channel each time. He was legit non-competitive against Iowa. Every QB can make highlight reel plays, but the ones who succeed in the NFL murder you on third and six. I’m not saying that Allen is guaranteed to be terrible. I’m just saying that he’s going to surprise the world if he turns out to be any good.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I mean, you just described every QB bust in history: iffy statistical profile, but size! arm! athletic! I watched Allen a few times this year and had to change the channel each time. He was legit non-competitive against Iowa. Every QB can make highlight reel plays, but the ones who succeed in the NFL murder you on third and six. I’m not saying that Allen is guaranteed to be terrible. I’m just saying that he’s going to surprise the world if he turns out to be any good.

I would much rather stake my job as gm on mayfield than allen.  And i think the main reason mccags did this trade was because after seeing mayfield's pro day it was the final confirmation he needed that the top 3 guys were all ok.  

I actually think allen could slide out of the top 6.  Darnold/Rosen/mayfield/barkley/minka or Chubb/chubb/Nelson.  

That only works if there's a risk we're going to trade the pick to someone else. We have no leverage because they obviously would know we aren't losing out on our QB.

Or, we speak to Denver and see if they’re interested in Barkley knowing Browns already got a QB. Only danger then is someone comes into 4 back in front and we shoot ourselves in the foot.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I would much rather stake my job as gm on mayfield than allen.  And i think the main reason mccags did this trade was because after seeing mayfield's pro day it was the final confirmation he needed that the top 3 guys were all ok.  

I actually think allen could slide out of the top 6.  Darnold/Rosen/mayfield/barkley/minka or Chubb/chubb/Nelson.  

I’m with you on this. If Mayfield fails, you can at least say you drafted the Heisman winner with all the gaudy numbers. If you miss on Allen, you have zero excuses. 

17 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I think he's over-thinking it.   They just like their chances at 3 of getting one of two QBs that they really like.

God, I hope not....that there are only 2 QBs Macc likes and this only increases his chances of a pick he likes vice ensures it.  If it only increases the chances, that's a LOT to give up.

Knowing Macc as a BPA guy who usually sticks to his board, I'm betting he sat and looked at his board and saw that between #1-#6 there were 3 QBs in that list of 6 players which when combined with our dire need for a QB, mandated he remove the chance that all 3 QBs would be gone by pick #6.  If he was gonna take one of those 3 QBs at #6 regardless IF they were there, the risk of missing out on one of them was too great to have them all gone.

This trade to #3 ensures he gets at least one of them, and does increase his chances of getting the better of his ranked QBs...but most importantly, he guarantees he gets someone at #3 he was left 'hoping' made it to #6 before the trade.  To trade all that draft capital to get to #3 if he only wanted one of 2 QBs who may go 1 and 2?  Doubt he'd do that.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’m with you on this. If Mayfield fails, you can at least say you drafted the Heisman winner with all the gaudy numbers. If you miss on Allen, you have zero excuses. 

I can't see mccagnan taking allen after seeing how much of a long shot hackenberg actually was to pan out.  And i think mayfield may be higher on their board than #3.  I wouldn't be surprised if they take him over one of the two other guys.  

This is gigantic for the Jets. After not blowing the bankroll on Cousins the team's defense is hugely improved, their own version of the QB Whisperer who actually plays is back, and a potential solid backup in Bridge is on board. We, as fans suffering for decades without a QB to hang our hat have a month from now to look forward to. We should be able to further improve the run game by drafting Rashaad Penny in the third and fill out othr needs through the later rounds and the balance of free agency.

A great day to be a Jet fan.

14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Let me ask you this...

Would you take Allen at #3 if he wasn’t, let’s say, the next Elway or Big Ben but essentially...Cam Newton without the headaches?

Big bodied, super athletic guy with an absolute cannon who has the ability to carry an offense on his back...but completes around 58% of his passes and might have a 3 pick game here or there?

Ask most people around the league and they would give you an unequivocal “yes”.

Cam Newton is giving you 500+ rushing yards and 6+ TDs - Allen isn’t coming close to that and would become a 3 and out nightmare.

40 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

If Giants take a QB and Jets take one, jets better get it right because you can only imagine the comparisons from Day 1. 

Not too worried about it. The Giants aren't anything that matters. They were supposed to be sooo good last season, and fell flat on their faces. And they broke Eli's streak, to start Geno Smith. 

17 minutes ago, UKPanda said:

So what if the Browns (knowing the Giants want Barkley, if they do) take him at #1, the Giants then take Nelson at #2. Who do we take at #3 because the Browns then still get a top 2 QB at #4? Do we still go Rosen or do we go Darnold?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If Barkley is gone at 1. Giants either take darnold or trade down 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I can't see mccagnan taking allen after seeing how much of a long shot hackenberg actually was to pan out.  And i think mayfield may be higher on their board than #3.  I wouldn't be surprised if they take him over one of the two other guys.  

The scary part is that every time an NFL guy is asked about Allen, they rave about him. Bart Scott and David Diehl, for instance, think he’s the best player in the draft, so they’re seeing something that the analytics people aren’t. Macc is a dimwit scout, so he might be seeing things the Bart Scott way. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

The scary part is that every time an NFL guy is asked about Allen, they rave about him. Bart Scott and David Diehl, for instance, think he’s the best player in the draft, so they’re seeing something that the analytics people aren’t. Macc is a dimwit scout, so he might be seeing things the Bart Scott way. 

Hopefully 1) mccagnan learned something about qbs from hack and petty (i think he did, it's why he brought in bridgewater b/c at least he can execute a pass play even with one leg) and 2) if mayfield were an inch taller people would be comparing him more to farve than Manziel.  

1 minute ago, NYJCAP2 said:

If the Giants go QB, have they been heavily linked to anyone other than Rosen?

Highly doubt they take Mayfield, and have not heard and large interest in Darnold, or do they?

If the giants go qb yes i think it's Rosen.  Which would mean the jets get darnold or mayfield.  I've written this in other threads, i don't think the giants would take a rb or g at 2 and i think the jets acted today b/c they understood the giants were staying at 2.  I think the biggest question is, who will cleveland take?  They could take darnold, allen or even mayfield.  

Archived