JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, you just described every QB bust in history: iffy statistical profile, but size! arm! athletic! I watched Allen a few times this year and had to change the channel each time. He was legit non-competitive against Iowa. Every QB can make highlight reel plays, but the ones who succeed in the NFL murder you on third and six. I’m not saying that Allen is guaranteed to be terrible. I’m just saying that he’s going to surprise the world if he turns out to be any good.

For some reason reminds me of when Kyle Boller came out.  Mediocre college career but great combine and he threw the ball 60 yards from his knees. (Last I heard, you can't throw from your knees in a game.)   Any time you hear about how a guy has a great arm and we can "coach him up" he generally will end up being a disaster.  You don't want a guy at 3 who you have to "coach up."

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

If the giants go qb yes i think it's Rosen.  Which would mean the jets get darnold or mayfield.  I've written this in other threads, i don't think the giants would take a rb or g at 2 and i think the jets acted today b/c they understood the giants were staying at 2.  I think the biggest question is, who will cleveland take?  They could take darnold, allen or even mayfield.  

Isn’t it common belief that Cleveland would not take Rosen because he does not want to play there period?

13 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

God, I hope not....that there are only 2 QBs Macc likes and this only increases his chances of a pick he likes vice ensures it.  If it only increases the chances, that's a LOT to give up.

Knowing Macc as a BPA guy who usually sticks to his board, I'm betting he sat and looked at his board and saw that between #1-#6 there were 3 QBs in that list of 6 players which when combined with our dire need for a QB, mandated he remove the chance that all 3 QBs would be gone by pick #6.  If he was gonna take one of those 3 QBs at #6 regardless IF they were there, the risk of missing out on one of them was too great to have them all gone.

This trade to #3 ensures he gets at least one of them, and does increase his chances of getting the better of his ranked QBs...but most importantly, he guarantees he gets someone at #3 he was left 'hoping' made it to #6 before the trade.  To trade all that draft capital to get to #3 if he only wanted one of 2 QBs who may go 1 and 2?  Doubt he'd do that.

I meant that, for example, that they are sure that Darnold is going at 1 and they would be happy with Rosen or Mayfield, for example.  I don't see anything wrong with that.

1 minute ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Isn’t it common belief that Cleveland would not take Rosen because he does not want to play there period?

Not sure.  My fear is the Bills swapping with the Giants.  No way they sit pat at 12.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Hopefully 1) mccagnan learned something about qbs from hack and petty (i think he did, it's why he brought in bridgewater b/c at least he can execute a pass play even with one leg) and 2) if mayfield were an inch taller people would be comparing him more to farve than Manziel.  

And if Josh Allen were 6’2 instead of 6’5 he’d be a fourth rounder!

39 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It’s not just the height, it’s the height coupled with those other factors.

Brees and Wilson never did any of the stupid stuff either on or off the field that Mayfield has. 

Brees and Wilson checked every single box besides ideal height, which Mayfield doesn’t.

Both of those guys also had multiple years of experience playing in a pro-style offense coming out of college, Mayfield has nothing of the sort.

Again, I won’t be pissed if we end up with Mayfield, I’ll take any of the Top 4 gladly. But Mayfield is certainly #4 on that list for me.

Brees and Wilson also didnt cost #6 and 3 2's

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

All i want to hear is one of the top two teams either take a non Qb or mayfield or allen.  That is all i want to hear then we get either rosen or darnold and I will be fist pumping.

People are trying to talk themselves into this move somehow making it less likely they go 1-2 than before when it actually made it more likely.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The scary part is that every time an NFL guy is asked about Allen, they rave about him. Bart Scott and David Diehl, for instance, think he’s the best player in the draft, so they’re seeing something that the analytics people aren’t. Macc is a dimwit scout, so he might be seeing things the Bart Scott way. 

The best thing that can happen for the Jets at this point is that Cleveland takes Allen.

1 minute ago, King P said:

Rosen or Baker better be the pick.

The Jets trading up to 3 only to pick Josh Allen, would be like waking up on Christmas hoping for a Turboman but getting a Booster instead 

What the heck is a turboman or a booster? How old are you?

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Brees and Wilson also didnt cost #6 and 3 2's

Exactly. This is the dumbass Jets limpwristed sticking one toe in the water split the difference move. Getting the top pick for Rosen, fine. Top two pick for him or Darnold, fine. Land Mayfield at 6, fine. No no no. We pay through the nose to jump right into no man's land.

If we don’t get Darnold or Rosen, this trade is mindless. Does Mac know something no one else does? I really hope so. Did Cleveland tip their hand and let Crowley go knowing Barkley would be his replacement? Is Barkley more valuable to them than Darnold or Rosen? So many intangibles here. Is Mac thoroughly convinced one of Darnold or Rosen will be there? Is he that confident of Mayfield to take him at 3 should the top  two QB’s go?  Obviously Mac was petrified that another team OR two would leap frog us and take the top 4 QB’s by the time we pick at 6. The only way this trade makes sense is if the Browns or Giants take Barkley leaving us with Darnold or Rosen. Of course other scenarios can come into play like the Bills moving up to 2. Bottom line - either we get Darnold or Rosen or this trade was a head scratcher. I will not be a happy camper if we end up with Mayfield after giving up 3 2’s to move up 3 spots. Will the risk be worth the reward?

11 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

For some reason reminds me of when Kyle Boller came out.  Mediocre college career but great combine and he threw the ball 60 yards from his knees. (Last I heard, you can't throw from your knees in a game.)   Any time you hear about how a guy has a great arm and we can "coach him up" he generally will end up being a disaster.  You don't want a guy at 3 who you have to "coach up."

For some reason? How about for every reason? 

23 minutes ago, jetswin said:

This is gigantic for the Jets. After not blowing the bankroll on Cousins the team's defense is hugely improved, their own version of the QB Whisperer who actually plays is back, and a potential solid backup in Bridge is on board. We, as fans suffering for decades without a QB to hang our hat have a month from now to look forward to. We should be able to further improve the run game by drafting Rashaad Penny in the third and fill out othr needs through the later rounds and the balance of free agency.

A great day to be a Jet fan.

J-dub! How have you been?

Just now, BigO said:

If we don’t get Darnold or Rosen, this trade is mindless. Does Mac know something no one else does? I really hope so. Did Cleveland tip their hand and let Crowley go knowing Barkley would be his replacement? Is Barkley more valuable to them than Darnold or Rosen? So many intangibles here. Is Mac thoroughly convinced one of Darnold or Rosen will be there? Is he that confident of Mayfield to take him at 3 should the top  two QB’s go?  Obviously Mac was petrified that another team OR two would leap frog us and take the top 4 QB’s by the time we pick at 6. The only way this trade makes sense is if the Browns or Giants take Barkley leaving us with Darnold or Rosen. Of course other scenarios can come into play like the Bills moving up to 2. Bottom line - either we get Darnold or Rosen or this trade was a head scratcher. I will not be a happy camper if we end up with Mayfield after giving up 3 2’s to move up 3 spots. 

I pray that we draft either Allen or Rosen

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Exactly. This is the dumbass Jets limpwristed sticking one toe in the water split the difference move. Getting the top pick for Rosen, fine. Top two pick for him or Darnold, fine. Land Mayfield at 6, fine. No no no. We pay through the nose to jump right into no man's land.

You OK? Everything OK at home? School going OK? 

2 minutes ago, King P said:

Guessing you never saw this movie

Jingle_All_the_Way_poster.JPG

Ahh no. But thanks for filling me in. I didn't watch any Arnie movie that wasn't about terminating since that garbage "Last Action Hero" ruined everything. That movie is the Sanchez of movies. 

Archived