JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

3 minutes ago, BigO said:

If we don’t get Darnold or Rosen, this trade is mindless. Does Mac know something no one else does? I really hope so. Did Cleveland tip their hand and let Crowley go knowing Barkley would be his replacement? Is Barkley more valuable to them than Darnold or Rosen? So many intangibles here. Is Mac thoroughly convinced one of Darnold or Rosen will be there? Is he that confident of Mayfield to take him at 3 should the top  two QB’s go?  Obviously Mac was petrified that another team OR two would leap frog us and take the top 4 QB’s by the time we pick at 6. The only way this trade makes sense is if the Browns or Giants take Barkley leaving us with Darnold or Rosen. Of course other scenarios can come into play like the Bills moving up to 2. Bottom line - either we get Darnold or Rosen or this trade was a head scratcher. I will not be a happy camper if we end up with Mayfield after giving up 3 2’s to move up 3 spots. Will the risk be worth the reward?

Guess we'll see...but, the trade isn't mindless if Macc had at least 3 QBs that he would have taken at #6 if available and been happy about it.  This trade guarantees he gets one of them and increases the odds he gets to pick amongst the three for who he prefers more.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't get over this haha this was the best thing that could have happen. For the price of Sheldon and two 2nd round picks we will be selecting one of the top QBs while also cock blocking the Bills. 

#BigDickMac

side note - I've said this before but I think the NFL wants Mayfield on the Jets. He is the most polarizing player going to a team that has been starved for a QB for half a century. They would be salivating over the rating boost this will give them. I'll stand by Browns - Darnold, Giants - Rosen, Jets - Mayfield

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Guess we'll see...but, the trade isn't mindless if Macc had at least 3 QBs that he would have taken at #6 if available and been happy about it.  This trade guarantees he gets one of them and increases the odds he gets to pick amongst the three for who he prefers more.

We’re going to end up with Allen or ROSEn only thing is Macc now has to figure out how to get some friggin Nfl Caliber WRs and TE on the roster since we have none

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I can't get over this haha this was the best thing that could have happen. For the price of Sheldon and two 2nd round picks we will be selecting one of the top QBs while also cock blocking the Bills. 

#BigDickMac

side note - I've said this before but I think the NFL wants Mayfield on the Jets. He is the most polarizing player going to a team that has been starved for a QB for half a century. They would be salivating over the rating boost this will give them. I'll stand by Browns - Darnold, Giants - Rosen, Jets - Mayfield

Mayfield was going to be a bust here.  Allen’s issues are fixable and Rosen looks like an Aaron Rodgers type

Just now, Philc1 said:

We’re going to end up with Allen or ROSEn only thing is Macc now has to figure out how to get some friggin Nfl Caliber WRs and TE on the roster since we have none

TE's we are good Leggett,Sterling rising stars especially Sterling. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Apparently LaCAnfora and Peter King are saying that a lot of other teams besides the Jets believe the Giants are taking Barkley. So this is either the greatest smokescreen ever done or their taking Barkley

We’re drafting Allen or Rosen whoever is leftover at 3

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Mayfield is going to be a bust here.  Allen’s issues are fixable and Rosen looks like an Aaron Rodgers type

What makes you think Allen is so good? And don't tell me either because how far he can throw the ball or how he looks with his shirt of in the weight room. 

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I pray that we draft either Allen or Rosen

Either Rosen, Allen or Darnold is gonna be there. 

Mike, I taking every word back, you f___in' genius. 

Bowles, still a moron. But Big Picture, he's here for another season at most. And then any coach who's worth a damn available next January is gonna WANT TO BE HERE. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Yikes.  

Last time we traded up this early for our guy they had to settle on Robertson because the board didn't fall the right way.  I truly hope that Rosen or Darnold are there at three because , imo, Mayfield and Allen would be there at 6!

Don't feel this way at all - Mayfield or Allen would have been gone via trade. 4 QBs in the top 5 is a real possibility if you figure on trades. 

Just now, Shadetree said:

Personally, I wanted Mayfield. I guess that dream is dead.

The other 3 don't excite me, but draft one of them they must. 

Accuracy is king in the NFL...which one is the most accurate? 

Why give up on Mayfield? We are high on him and as time passes, and the more we see of him the better he gets. He is very much in play.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

How many QB’s are there in the NFL since Fran Tarkenton who have succeeded at 6’1 or shorter?

Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and...Mike Vick? Doug Flutie? Jeff Garcia?

Case Keenum?

People can love Mayfield’s grit and passion all day. Hey, I’m a fan of it myself. But the odds are certainly stacked against him. And that’s just pertaining to his stature. Never mind that the kid can come off as an emotional cripple (grabbing his dick and talking to the opposing team and then breaking down in tears apologizing for it 24 hours later), has shown a propensity to be a dumbass off the field, and only has experience with the simplest, barebones passing concepts during his time with Oklahoma and Texas Tech.

Meanwhile the biggest knock on Allen is that even at his peak he probably won’t be a 65% completion guy. 

Different NFL today - easier to succeed today with all the moving in the pocket. Do you really think an inch and a half makes a big difference? Scanning the field and being accurate is much more important.

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I understand that. But remember what happened with Hackenberg. Macc attended Hackenberg's pro day before picking him. So why would he break that concept this time?

Simple.  The Colts might have called and said, "Hey  Macc, we have Buffalo on the other line, what you wanna do"? 

19 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

People are trying to talk themselves into this move somehow making it less likely they go 1-2 than before when it actually made it more likely.

Well I certainly am not 'talking' myself into anything.  I've already said that if the jets get darnold or rosen then this trade up is great, if we don't it has the potential to be a huge error.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Well I certainly am not 'talking' myself into anything.  I've already said that if the jets get darnold or rosen then this trade up is great, if we don't it has the potential to be a huge error.

I'm agreeing with you. It looks like we just traded for the third pick in a two-quarterback draft.

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

All i want to hear is one of the top two teams either take a non Qb or mayfield or allen.  That is all i want to hear then we get either rosen or darnold and I will be fist pumping.

What is this, the 87th post where youve said you want no part of Allen or Mayfield?  LOL, we get it

Just now, Jazy8ball said:

Why is everyone down on Allen? Rosen and Darnold make me nervous due to the fact they always played in pretty much perfect weather at USC and UCLA. Allen can at least handle the cold  

He has not displayed accuracy, he did not do enough in a weaker college conference.  And to be honest the hackenburg factor is there.

Just now, Beerfish said:

He has not displayed accuracy, he did not do enough in a weaker college conference.  And to be honest the hackenburg factor is there.

Don't forget his QBR, his lack of TDs, his relatively high INTs in comparison to small TDs, and his having only one productive year. 

2 minutes ago, Jazy8ball said:

Why is everyone down on Allen? Rosen and Darnold make me nervous due to the fact they always played in pretty much perfect weather at USC and UCLA. Allen can at least handle the cold  

Because he was a bad quarterback in college, and bad college QBs never become good NFL QBs.

Jet fans are obviously even more wary than most because we recently drafted a bad college QB who, wouldn't you know it, is so bad he literally can't get on the field.

Archived