JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Because he was a bad quarterback in college, and bad college QBs never become good NFL QBs.

Jet fans are obviously even more wary than most because we recently drafted a bad college QB who, wouldn't you know it, is so bad he literally can't get on the field.

Allen’s accuracy issues actually can be fixed he needs to finesse his throws more instead of trying to rifle in everything

Allen looked really good in the senior bowl — unlike hero of the drunken millennials Baker Mayfield 

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Mayfield was going to be a bust here.  Allen’s issues are fixable and Rosen looks like an Aaron Rodgers type

See if I'm choosing between Allen and Mayfield I'll take the one that completes over 70% of his passes. That's not to say I wouldn't like Allen but he is just 4th on my list.

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

See if I'm choosing between Allen and Mayfield I'll take the one that completes over 70% of his passes. That's not to say I wouldn't like Allen but he is just 4th on my list.

Geno Smith had a 71%% completion percentage playing in the Big 12 in a similar offense

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well I certainly am not 'talking' myself into anything.  I've already said that if the jets get darnold or rosen then this trade up is great, if we don't it has the potential to be a huge error.

Agreed. Don’t like the trade if it’s for Mayfield or Allen

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Allen’s accuracy issues actually can be fixed he needs to finesse his throws more instead of trying to rifle in everything

Allen looked really good in the senior bowl — unlike hero of the drunken millennials Baker Mayfield 

Just idiotic reasoning that leads to the "good ole boys club" of NFL football men making the same mistake over and over. "I'll fix him!" No, you won't.

Just now, pointman said:

Bowles sucks. But putting a "Seriously" tag on that post, you just killed any credibility you ever might of had. 

Most posters on this board can outcoach Bowles let alone a 16 year Qb

I feel horrible you think I lack credibility 

Apparently LaCAnfora and Peter King are saying that a lot of other teams besides the Jets believe the Giants are taking Barkley. So this is either the greatest smokescreen ever done or their taking Barkley

Like I said earlier, if the Browns know the Giants want Barkley and they also want him they may take him at #1 knowing they’ll still get one of the top 3 QBs at #4.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Geno Smith had a 71%% completion percentage playing in the Big 12 in a similar offense

Real as it gets. Mayfield's numbers are great but he's got all sorts of problems beyond just the height. Three picks on top of 6 would be completely crazy. There is like no outcome that isn't a disaster without somebody ahead of us screwing up.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Just idiotic reasoning that leads to the "good ole boys club" of NFL football men making the same mistake over and over. "I'll fix him!" No, you won't.

Mayfield is a product of his offensive system he looked like S at the senior bowl for a reason.  Look at the other big 12 qbs last 15 years:

Bryce Petty 

RG3

Vince Young

Geno Smith

Landry Jones

sam Bradford

1 minute ago, UKPanda said:

Like I said earlier, if the Browns know the Giants want Barkley and they also want him they may take him at #1 knowing they’ll still get one of the top 3 QBs at #4.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Giants have to make the Browns think they're taking Barkley. Otherwise Cleveland can take their favorite quarterback first with impunity.

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

See the difference for me is that Geno had 2 WRs that were taken in the first 3 rounds and is genuinely the only QB I've watched to consistently run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage. Geno's a moron and a flat earther 

I also think Mayfield raises the level of play of the players around him while Geno's teammates loved him so much that no one stuck up for him when he got KO'd.

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Real as it gets. Mayfield's numbers are great but he's got all sorts of problems beyond just the height. Three picks on top of 6 would be completely crazy. There is like no outcome that isn't a disaster without somebody ahead of us screwing up.

haha what are these problems you speak of? 

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

we just traded 2 second rounders and Sheldon for Kearse and a top 3 QB. There is no situation where I believe that is a bad move. Gotta swing if you want to hit a HR.

5 hours ago, dbatesman said:

If this is true, that's an awesome deal. Now we just have to pray somebody else takes Josh Allen and saves us from ourselves.

I think Macc may be targeting Josh Rosen figuring any combo of  Allen, Darnold or Barkley will be the first 2 picks

1 hour ago, jetswin said:

This is gigantic for the Jets. After not blowing the bankroll on Cousins the team's defense is hugely improved, their own version of the QB Whisperer who actually plays is back, and a potential solid backup in Bridge is on board. We, as fans suffering for decades without a QB to hang our hat have a month from now to look forward to. We should be able to further improve the run game by drafting Rashaad Penny in the third and fill out othr needs through the later rounds and the balance of free agency.

A great day to be a Jet fan.

Duuuuuuuude!

4 hours ago, Hael said:

I don't want to be a debbie downer here.  I actually like the move b/c we had to do it for the future of our franchise.  But lets be clear about a few things. 

This was a desperation move that was a complete and total fleecing by the Colts in terms of trade value.  To give you an idea..  The 6th pick is worth 1600 points, and the 3rd is worth 2200.

The two 2nds are worth 530 and 410 points respectively, and the following years second is about 400 (you usually push it down a round in value though b/c its far away, so lets say 200).  Thus we gave 1600 + 530 +410 + 200 = 2740 in value.  So the Colts essentially create an early 2nd round pick in total value.

This is the price to pay for moving up to get a qb, and yes its pretty rough.

Oh jeeezus with the stupid draft chart.  It does not work anymore.  It's completely antiquated.

The value of a franchise QB has never been higher.  And meanwhile, the cap hit for a top pick is really low compared to what it used to be.  Throw the draft chart out the window.

Archived