JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen Im as happy about being able to draft our franchise quarterback as anyone but...

You do realize the reason the gm had to trade away drafting 4 starters(1,2,2,2) is because the coach started a journeyman quarterback instead of a third string quarterback getting him experience to win 5 meaningless games.

Sorry but we would have

Been better off with the losses.

Been better off with the third string quarterback getting experience.

Been better off keeping four starters(1,2,2,2).

Been better off with the #1 pick because of such.

Thanks coach. Not.

Now hopefully they draft the right franchise qb at 3 because if they fail to we will have another decade of misery guaranteed.

Sorry if I’m not in the crowd jumping up for joy how we got 3rd pick.

But it’s done, so I pray.

Lantern

3 minutes ago, GREENLANTERN said:

Listen Im as happy about being able to draft our franchise quarterback as anyone but...

You do realize the reason the gm had to trade away drafting 4 starters(1,2,2,2) is because the coach started a journeyman quarterback instead of a third string quarterback getting him experience to win 5 meaningless games.

Sorry but we would have

Thanks coach. Not.

Now hopefully they draft the right franchise qb at 3 because if they fail to we will have another decade of misery guaranteed.

Lantern

I think I speak for everyone when I say,

8da1304398884e26d7e391dd6fe8d0d231538482

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Didn't Buffalo just move up a few days ago? Far more likely this is in response to that 

Ballard just basically said that they had zero interest in trading down to 12, so I don't think Buffalo making moves had anything to do with it.  Colts were always the most likely to trade down and they weren't buying what the Bills were selling.  Have to believe the motive was different if that's truly the case.

5 minutes ago, GREENLANTERN said:

Sorry but we would have

Thanks coach. Not.

Lantern

The journeyman QB we had led the Bucs to a #1 pick and the Browns to a #1 & #2 pick. I'd say the logic behind McCown was just fine.

I hate giving up draft picks but when you consider what other teams have given up to land QBs we are ahead of the game. We have $40M in cap this year and around $50M next year. That should be more than enough to land us the 3 starters we are missing out on while also securing the most important position is all of perfessional sports.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

The journeyman QB we had led the Bucs to a #1 pick and the Browns to a #1 & #2 pick. I'd say the logic behind McCown was just fine.

I hate giving up draft picks but when you consider what other teams have given up to land QBs we are ahead of the game. We have $40M in cap this year and around $50M next year. That should be more than enough to land us the 3 starters we are missing out on while also securing the most important position is all of perfessional sports.

I hear ya man.

All I’m saying is we would be in a better position if we didn’t win 5 games.

12 minutes ago, GREENLANTERN said:

Sorry but we would have

Thanks coach. Not.

Lantern

Eh not a decade. 3-4 years at most if he’s a bust. No biggie. But hopefully it’s a decade of not having to touch that position. Let us pray. 

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ballard just basically said that they had zero interest in trading down to 12, so I don't think Buffalo making moves had anything to do with it.  Colts were always the most likely to trade down and they weren't buying what the Bills were selling.  Have to believe the motive was different if that's truly the case.

Maybe there's a big drop off in talent after the qbs, chubb, minka, barkley and Nelson.

1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

Anyone else worried bills or broncos will trade with the giants and screw is? I’m all about the trade but definitely feel like we could still get shafted.

Not really, I would be thrilled with Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold. I’m assuming jets feel the same way or you can’t make This trade until the pick is up

Just now, David Harris said:

Guys Mayfeield is out as an option IMO- ya just don’t take a 6 foot Qb at 3

I think Jackson is definitely out now but I’m not sure about Mayfield. He’s done we’ll post CFB season, just came off a big pro day. I really hope it isn’t Allen, but I’ll get behind it and hope for the best if it is. I’m not sure what Mac is thinking here. He assuming that one of Darnold or Rosen will fall to him at 3?or is he comfortable with at least 3 if the top 4 QBs?

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Agreed completely. My initial reaction to this was that we'd end up with Allen for exactly that reason. Mayfield at 3 doesn't sit well either

I feel like you possibly don't know the players in the draft that well. at all even? If moving up to 3 guarantees us Rosen/Mayfield... massive success. There is no other spin - unless you just completely love someone else.

Just now, NoBowles said:

Not really, I would be thrilled with Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold. I’m assuming jets feel the same way or you can’t make This trade until the pick is up

Same here hopefully Allen isn’t an option at #3

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Come on man lol. You think Ballard told Mac "I don't want to go down to 12 so you don't have to worry the Bills" OR do you think he played up the Bills offer to get more out of Mac. What Ballard says now doesn't mean jack in terms of how he interacted with Mac.

19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I would be interested in what the Browns wanted if they were to really be interested in trading down.

4 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

All of this is just celebrating over nothing. There's a whole lot that can go wrong at 1, and 3 isn't 1. Not even close.

A lot more could have gone wrong had we stuck at 6.  We're in a better position today than we were yesterday.

1 minute ago, hawk said:

I would be interested in what the Browns wanted if they were to really be interested in trading down.

Doubt they trade down with Giants ready to pull the trigger on either a QB or Barkley. My guess is they stay put and hope for Barkley at 4. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Darnold or Rosen better be there at three because Baker and Allen would've been there at six.

Probably not. You can’t take that chance. Cleveland, Giants, Broncos could all take a QB and the Bills could have traded up. Thus creating the distinct possibility that the 4 top Q’s would have been gone by 6. Mac didn’t want to risk that nightmare. At 3 he is at least getting Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield. About time Mac grew a pair of balls ? ? 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Come on man lol. You think Ballard told Mac "I don't want to go down to 12 so you don't have to worry the Bills" OR do you think he played up the Bills offer to get more out of Mac. What Ballard says now doesn't mean jack in terms of how he interacted with Mac.

They had Ballard on the NFL Network before and he basically said that he had zero interest in moving down out of the top 10.  There was, reportedly, only 1 team interested in moving up from outside the top 10 and that was the Bills who had 2 first round picks.

These talks started Monday/Tuesday.  There wasn't that much hardball played.  This was a win-win deal.  Jets get to move up and the Colts get 3 2's which, by the way, is fantastic.  Whenever you can make a trade like this for a QB and not have to give up any future 1st round picks, it's beautiful.  Ask Houston how they feel about not having the 4th overall pick right now?  My guess is that, while they feel great to have Watson, they would take the deal the Jets and Colts made today a gazillion times.  Facts are, the Jets having a pick 6 spots higher than the Bills' first available pick played a huge role.  The only reason anyone would honestly disagree with this is if they believe Buffalo was never serious about moving up.

52 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

See the difference for me is that Geno had 2 WRs that were taken in the first 3 rounds and is genuinely the only QB I've watched to consistently run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage. Geno's a moron and a flat earther 

I also think Mayfield raises the level of play of the players around him while Geno's teammates loved him so much that no one stuck up for him when he got KO'd.

Yes but Oklahoma’s WRs are highly rated and they had college’s best offensive line

I'm torn.

We gave up a ton to guarantee nothing. The bills can still trade up to 2. The Giants and Browns can still take QBs.  

This makes sense only if Macc is in love with 3 of the QBs. If he does then I guess I'm on board. 

I really really hope the Giants take Barkley or Nelson or Chubb.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

They had Ballard on the NFL Network before and he basically said that he had zero interest in moving down out of the top 10.  There was, reportedly, only 1 team interested in moving up from outside the top 10 and that was the Bills who had 2 first round picks.

These talks started Monday/Tuesday.  There wasn't that much hardball played.  This was a win-win deal.  Jets get to move up and the Colts get 3 2's which, by the way, is fantastic.  Whenever you can make a trade like this for a QB and not have to give up any future 1st round picks, it's beautiful.  Ask Houston how they feel about not having the 4th overall pick right now?  My guess is that, while they feel great to have Watson, they would take the deal the Jets and Colts made today a gazillion times.  Facts are, the Jets having a pick 6 spots higher than the Bills' first available pick played a huge role.  The only reason anyone would honestly disagree with this is if they believe Buffalo was never serious about moving up.

Agreed

The Colts have to still love their chances of landing Barkley/Chubb/Nelson/Fitz at #6. Any of which would be legit bluechip prospects at areas of need.

They wouldn’t have that dropping all the way back to #12.

Archived