JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There was no way they were talking Barkley at 1. They need a franchise QB.. You don't pass on the best one to take a RB and then settle for whoever falls to 4.

And for the Jets, if they stayed at 6 they could have watched the browns, giants, bills and broncos take QBs leaving them with nothing. 

I like how everybody is using the Giants taking a quarterback as a reason not to stay at 6 and the Giants not taking a quarterback as a reason we'll get one at 3.

7 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I think it’s Rosen or Allen .  I have heard Allen has really grown on teams over past few months . Some view him the 2nd best QB  in the draft after Darnold.

7 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Giants could easily trade down as well . To a QB needy team . 

I doubt that - it's a long way down to 12. I wouldn't do that instead of grabbing Barkley or Nelson. 

32 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I just don't get it. All we really did by getting out in front is making Cleveland go top quarterback first because they're basically assured of getting Barkley on the bounce.

I was excited mostly because trading up this early almost certainly pushes all the non-QBs out of consideration, but it sure looks like we’re going to end up trading four draft picks for Josh Allen instead, which is one of the only scenarios worse than just taking Nelson at 6.

6 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I like how everybody is using the Giants taking a quarterback as a reason not to stay at 6 and the Giants not taking a quarterback as a reason we'll get one at 3.

What?. We're getting one at 3 because no matter what the giants or browns do one of the top 4 is guaranteed to be there at 3. Not sure why some of you can't grasp this.

Sure it would be nice if the giants take Barkley but it's not critical to us landing a QB. It would just give us more options.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

I was excited mostly because trading up this early almost certainly pushes all the non-QBs out of consideration, but it sure looks like we’re going to end up trading four draft picks for Josh Allen instead, which is one of the only scenarios worse than just taking Nelson at 6.

I don’t think so, I think it’s Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield for us

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

winning an NFL game is always more important than draft pick positioning  

true, but the additional sacrifice by playing McCown was doing nothing to develop the 2 QBs Mac drafted.  Starting Mccown came with all sorts adverse consequences.  Bowles sucks as a coach, but I don't blame him for trying to win. I blame Woody for not ordering him to play the kids.  

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

That’s the problem though. I think Rosen and Darnold will both be gone and Mayfield likely would have been there at 6 anyway.

It’s possible, but no way to know for sure. I’m happy the two dolts just seem to want a QB. Baby steps 

Love the aggressive move. I had my doubts on whether Maccagnan had the stones to pull it off, but respect to the guy for pushing his chips all in. 

An already exciting draft just got better. 

If Darnold and Barkley go at 1 and 2, you just know Goodell would string us along by walking to the podium and proclaiming, 'With the third pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select, Quarterback, Josh....."...cue longest pause in draft history, with a fanbase on tenderhooks. 

53 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I was excited about the trade, but the more I think about it, the more inescapable this seems, and now I’m sad.

My initial reaction to this was we are going to end up with Allen and the more I think about it the more it seems likely. Even if we pass on Allen, getting Mayfield at 3 seems like a consolation prize and a waste of 3 2's, I'd have been fine/happy with him at 6 but now at 3 I hate it. F'ing Jets

1 minute ago, CTM said:

My initial reaction to this was we are going to end up with Allen and the more I think about it the more it seems likely. Even if we pass on Allen, getting Mayfield at 3 seems like a consolation prize and a waste of 3 2's, I'd have been fine/happy with him at 6 but now at 3 I hate it. F'ing Jets

It’s just being vaguely imitative of the Eagles trade for mostly PR purposes. Look around. It worked.

1 hour ago, BigO said:

Maybe - maybe not. Maybe Bowles is to blame for insisting on playing McClown. In fact it does. Mac’s signed McClown but it was Bowles who insisted on playing him and refused to play the kiddies. I don’t blame Mac anymore for signing McClown. He probably saw him in the same light as he saw Fitz - as an emergency option and mentor to the kiddies. Those 5 meaningless wins fall on Bowles head. And if you think there’s no difference between 1-15 and 5-11 think again. It just costs us 3 #2 picks if not more. 

Try and make a case to anyone that one of the kiddies should have started.  Not just to the fanbase, who would have seen right through it, who spend money and want to see a competitive team.  Then try and bullshlt the team, tell them that youre not tanking or too bad.

Just for fun, find me a single NFL HC who would coach a team to lose, to tank, for unknown draft picks.  Last year Darnold was the next HOF QB, this year, nope.  Last year people were calling this QB class comparable to 83.  Nope.  Thats why you dont tank.

13 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Love the aggressive move. I had my doubts on whether Maccagnan had the stones to pull it off, but respect to the guy for pushing his chips all in. 

An already exciting draft just got better. 

If Darnold and Barkley go at 1 and 2, you just know Goodell would string us along by walking to the podium and proclaiming, 'With the third pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select, Quarterback, Josh....."...cue longest pause in draft history, with a fanbase on tenderhooks. 

Respect the guy for doing the only thing he could do because he painted himself in a corner with a ton of other bad signings and draft picks? Ya. Mad respect. 

If the bills got to 3, this place would be nuclear, nobody would be talking about the cost or what the Browns are doing lol

My take on it is the Jets feel there are 3 QBs worth it so they went to that neighborhood. 

They eliminated the possibility of missing out on cousins AND a rookie 

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

If the bills got to 3, this place would be nuclear, nobody would be talking about the cost or what the Browns are doing lol

My take on it is the Jets feel there are 3 QBs worth it so they went to that neighborhood. 

And winding up with another DL 

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yes. But some guys actually believe that if we stayed at 6  Baker Mayfield would just magically fall in our laps. I don't think he gets past the Broncos in that scenario. The Jets did the right thing. They gave themselves the certainly of getting one of the top 4 QB's. How they rank them, how Cleveland ranks them, how the Giants rank them, is anyone's guess. There is no fixed ranking with any of these prospects.

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

I find it incredible that anyone is bitching about this. Unreal. 

I'm excited/hopeful.  But, there's a good chance we still end up with QB 3.  Everyone is projecting a bunch of different players to the Giants, but I don't see why they're not taking a QB.  Eli's about done.

Just now, TeddEY said:

I'm excited/hopeful.  But, there's a good chance we still end up with QB 3.  Everyone is projecting a bunch of different players to the Giants, but I don't see why they're not taking a QB.  Eli's about done.

Either the giants take Rosen or trade the pick.  The giants are deluding themselves if they think they're a running back away from a playoff appearance.  The eagles and cowboys have clearly lapped them, the division is out of realistic reach for the foreseeable future unless they retool at qb.  

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

That will certainly be the spin the Organization will spin after Darnold and Rosen go #1 and #2.

They’ll try and tell people they REALLY loved Allen or Mayfield the most and love how the draft played out.

Pure. Spin.

We’re drafting the 3rd or 4th QB prospect in this middling, uncertain and question-filled draft class. A draft that will have more Rick Mirers than Peyton Manning’s.

We better hope Macc picks well because we sold our future and multiple staters at rookie prices to get these sloppy 3rds or 4ths.

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Are you not excited at the idea of any one of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield over the QBs we have trotted out there in the last decade?

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That will certainly be the spin the Organization will spin after Darnold and Rosen go #1 and #2.

They’ll try and tell people they REALLY loved Allen or Mayfield the most and love how the draft played out.

Pure. Spin.

Were drafting the 3rd or 4th QB prospect in this middling, uncertain and question-filled draft class. A draft that will have more Rick admirers than Peyton Manning’s.

We better hope Macc picks well because we sold our future and multiple staters at rookie prices to get these sloppy 3rds or 4ths.

Cheers bro, I hope things turn around for you 

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Are you not excited at the idea of any one of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield over the QBs we have trotted out there in the last decade?

I'm excited about Rosen, I'll get excited about Darnold but right now I'm down on him for not throwing at the combine, I'm scared of Mayfield at 3 and think there's a decent chance we could have had him at 6, and I'm terrified we're taking Allen.

I'm excited we're taking a QB, no question, but there's a lot that can get in the way of the guy who's clearly projected as the best one. 

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I mean, look at what Macc and other Jets GMs have done in the 2nd round.  The last starter, prior to Maye, I'm pretty sure was David Harris.

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, look at what Macc and other Jets GMs have done in the 2nd round.  The last starter, prior to Maye, I'm pretty sure was David Harris.

It’s so very sad that we’ve drafted so putridly that fans have actually bought into the idea that 2nd round picks have no value.

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Pure. Spin.

We’re drafting the 3rd or 4th QB prospect in this middling, uncertain and question-filled draft class. A draft that will have more Rick Mirers than Peyton Manning’s.

Hard to say we sold our future. We never get much out of 2nd round picks.

Archived